Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITHI assembled my first 40k model in a while, one of the Inceptors from Dark Imperium...I am not actually filled with rage having built it as I was when I first saw them in the rumours forum. Actually fairly decent model, just wish I didn't experience height envy on behalf of all my older space marines compared to these Primaris models.

TITHI opened the new version of Battlescribe I'd downloaded into a separate folder, only to find that even data files made for the older version of Battlescribe, can't be opened by said older version. I've essentially lost all the work I'd done on the old Age of the Emperor army list because the system has deleted it, and that the new Battlescribe can't seem to launch even any of the updated data I downloaded last night. Absolutely gutted.

TITH I finished up my vow for Imperial Fists Expansion V and took pics. This afternoon and evening in the hobby I wrestled with my balky internet and finally managed to get the pics uploaded. In a few minutes in the hobby I'm fixin' to* toss the blasted hotspot into the stock pond and let the pigs eat it. Ah, the joys of country living.

* "fixin' to" is hillbilly speak for "about to"

Today in the hobby, I went out with a gaming buddy to a local used miniatures store that I was unaware of, and got a copy of Index Astartes III and a set of Bullgryn slabshields for conversions for a total of $2. Not bad, though I do say so myself.

Also played my Fists in 8e for the first time. It's... meh. I still don't like the system particularly. But that's personal taste, and no one is hidebound to share it with me. :)

TWITH - Reading Inquisition War by Ian Watson for a 2nd time around.

Until they start making large print 40k books for us old guys and I had to bust out an old epub file I could enlarge and read at night by candlelight.

A damn fine series of books. Good choice sir. :tu:

Tith made up some bases for my Charnel Guard Tac Squad.

Read that as Camel guard, :P

TITH, I unpacked some of my hobby supplies after moving.

Yay moving!

TITHI Painted some primaris aggressors, a death guard squad from the boxed set (also magnetized the champions sword arm and the special weapons troopers) and some more deathshroud (converted my spare death guard lord into a fourth member, now just need to do some gs work to make him fit in a bit better with his squad mates) also put together a box of blightlord termies

Not a bad day by my standards

Edited by treadhead