Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Ordered a set of the japan marines plus capt'n

I managed to find a cheap(ish) Brother Captain Thassarius model but am having no luck with the complete set. Be sure to show us them once you've painted them up!
They got released in HK... Or rather do this Saturday (i prepaid for a split)

2080hkd for 2 full set (24 models) and 2 captain. Limited sets. I think that they're left overs and thin supply because of whatever press run has been negotiatied with Max Factory.

But hey. They'll make terrific greenwing.

Edited by D3L

Yesterday in the hobby my MK III marines showed up. I need to assemble, prime, and at least basecoat before my 3k point game next Saturday. (didn't have enough bodies to play 3k points, helping two new players learn the game 2v1.)  

Today in the hobby I started prepping the Telemon for build up.
But since I don't have nearly enough magnets or bluetac, I can not test it's pose.
While it is a beautiful model, I fear the Achillus and Galatus have more parts than the big boy...
Guess I'll assemble them torso and legs, so priming will be easier...
Dear emperor, please don't let my opponent for the match between the years finish his army faster than me :D

TITH I ran out of magnets while magnetizing the Telemons arms... While I have enough magnets for the shoulders to connect with the Torso, I'm out of magnets for the arms... tough luck :D Guess I build the weapons now...

TitH I began painting my third (of 4th if you count Inquisition) army: two Wraithlords, 5 Wraithguards, 1 War Walker, 1 Wave Serpent, 1 Farseer and a pair of Bonesingers.

TITH I made two important decisions:

Decided to take a break from the Death Guard and then had a hobby related crisis. Too many ideas rolling around in my head, so I guess This Christmas In The Hobby will be spent figuring out the way forward.

Decided to shelve the Imperial Army Regiment I've planned for two and a half years. Can't find any models anywhere that fit my vision for the 31st millennium Northern Way. Plastic Steel Legion would solve it, but that's like hoping for all the Primarchs to be killed off once and for all by a collective heart attack. Maybe I'll just build a tank for them instead.

Today In The hobby I retired my Space Marines. I feel more excitement with other armies, so I figured I'd follow that.

Today In The Hobby I acquired a box of recruits for the Enyara 144th Infantry Regiment 2nd Company.

I decided that finishing my Valhallan 95th company for end of January was going to be a MASSIVE challenge and one frankly I would fall down on. So instead I fell back to the defensible position of completing my Terminator Black Legion force.

So with duster in hand I ventured deep into the uncharted lands of the "Conservatory" to unearth my "to do" case. Within were such treasures as 25 assembled and converted Black Legion Termies, 2 x Hellbrutes, kitbashed Abaddon and a sorcerer in TDA.

Yay!

BCC

TITH I made the decision to sell my most prized possession. The Marines Malevolent army that Hyaenidae lovingly converted and painted and chronicled on the B&C itself. I have to raise money for medical bills and Christmas gifts for my children ASAP even though it breaks my heart to do so. Please see the info in my signature if you or someone you know might be interested.

Last night in the hobby I thought about starting a thread here about posting your favorite Standard Bearer articles from Jervis Jonson in White Dwarf*, before realizing today that no matter how useful "murdering your darlings" and "losing with panache" are, they're generic and have nothing to do with Warhammer 40,000 in specific.

*some of them are worth reading, I swear.