Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH ordered some Bits and attended a Charity Brunch so some kids can have a Christmas had some great food and seen some great smiles. Also Santa was there so I asked him for an Aston Martin and New Suit of Power Armor .:wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!

Five minutes ago in the Hobby I checked the Regimental Standard's latest addition.

Attention, Guardsman!

It has come to the attention of Imperial High Command that morale in your sector is dangerously low this Candlemass season, possibly due to the mysterious accidental deaths of all your Regimental Commissars. Our Tech-Adepts are hard at work fixing the “sudden involuntary discharge” issue many claim to have with your lasguns, while for the issue of your morale we have recruited His Revered Holiness Rudolph Crispin, a renowned preacher of the Adeptus Ministorum, to share a special festive story with you all.

Italics mine. Who said chance was a jerk? :laugh.:

(What do you mean, the guardsmen forced chance's hand? I don't know what you're talking about.)

TITH I gathered up my models for an all-army shot (that also became my christmas card to the forum) and realized just how expansive my armies truly are, though pitiful they are compared to some people. It also reinforced the fact I really need to pull a common basing theme together. I have nothing army-wide, and little squad-wide basing patterns. SOmething else to add to the to-do list, I guess.

Merry Christmas!

Today I finished up a carcharodons "chaplain" in MKIII plate, like to imagine they are more like a pre-heresy discipline officer of legion, so he lacks much of the heraldry of the modern chaplaincy (like the skull faced helmet, candles and random oaths of moment draped all over him). 

Edited by Laughingman

Today in the hobby, as I transcribed a passage from Hammer and Anvil from paper to my computer, I realized that, apparently, contractions are outlawed by both the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Ecclesiarchy. No, seriously, not a single contraction is made during the dialogue between the questor antagonist and the protagonist sororitas, there's only some in the narration. Wouldn't surprise me, some worlds require a license just to read according to the prequel.

Today in the hobby, as I transcribed a passage from Hammer and Anvil from paper to my computer, I realized that, apparently, contractions are outlawed by both the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Ecclesiarchy. No, seriously, not a single contraction is made during the dialogue between the questor antagonist and the protagonist sororitas, there's only some in the narration. Wouldn't surprise me, some worlds require a license just to read according to the prequel.

Contractions or Contradictions.

My pregnant wife would have a word or 2 to say if contractions were outlawed :D

Contractions or Contradictions.

My pregnant wife would have a word or 2 to say if contractions were outlawed :biggrin.:

Contractions of the linguistic variety. The only one in the entire confrontation is in this sentence: "Tegas didn't seem to hear her."

Seeing as both the Cult Mechanicus and Imperial Cult are full of hypocritical religious fanatics nuttier than a forest's worth of squirrel digestive tracts, they probably contain more contradictions than there are stars in the Milky Way. Each.

Greetings

​I've been writing up 1750 7th edition lists for use again 30k armies. Six done, all to fit the narrative of a continuing struggle against the World Eaters; several feature Celestine, and some my hammer-wielding chapter master.

​Hopefully will have a game or two to write up early in the year...

T(and Y)ITH I speed-built, -painted, and -based 10 Necron warriors, two scarab bases, and a deathmark conversion for the Boxing Day bash, and in doing so established a good way of building warriors. Don't bother with individualizing them, and don't be afraid to snip arms to get them to fit to the gun.

Having never invested is a single flyer, Christmas brought me one for my Space Marines -and- one for my new Craftworld army! Assembly and painting are proceeding for both.

YITHI wrote up my lists onto Battlescribe and noodled around some ideas to bring them up to 2k. Also learnt Predators can't actually have two combis, so I've been doing that wrong the last few months...

Dragonlover

TITH I've decided that I'm probably not going to try and play 40k proper anymore.

It's something I've been debating for a while now, ever since Chapter Approved happened. I'm not the biggest fan of 8th edition to begin with (I've honestly grown in my dislike of it, if anything, after playing a few games,) but I was working on trying and getting a 40k Astral Claws army up and running, simply so that I would have something to play in this edition. My biggest issue right now is that I really don't want to have to buy a new book yearly to update me on points costs, outside of my codex, It's not the price itself that bothers me, it's something to do with the fact that they're marketing what is seems to primarily be a paid errata for their book less than 6 months after release (and just 3 months in the case of the Death Guard Codex) and I'm not interested in that sort of thing in principle. Sure, yes, it seems to have some interesting things besides that, but the main draw are the points costs. I have similar reservations about the General's Handbook for Sigmar, if I'm being quite honest, but that's neither here nor there. So... yeah, setting that aside. Might do some light 40k modeling from time to time, but I think I'm pretty much done with it.

On the bright side, it means I can concentrate the entirety of my efforts entirely upon 30k, now. Which is good. Have many armies I'd like to finish for that system. Still like it and am happy with the 7th based system they seem to be sticking to for the time being.

Of course, as always this is my own personal taste speaking. Your quality of experience with 8e may differ. However, I do believe that it is not the game for me.

Edited by Soldier of Dorn

TITH a friend ask me if I could paint the models of the TT Dark Souls game. I insisted that I've only been painting since September and my techniques are very basic but they are ok with that. Hey, as long as they are paying for the paints I need, I don't mind.

TiTH I started to play with the push fit Japan Marines, the snap fit sprues are quite nice, only a little trimming or squeezing to assemble, the plastic feels a little softer than GW polystyrene I can't verify if it actually is a different PU, (it also surprisingly says it's manufactured in the UK we can presume Nottingham, so by GW not Max Factory?), detail holds, but they'll blow over in a stiff breeze, resin this is not. 

The helmeted options are actually quite nice, really works with the Captain Thassarius

here's a snap pre cleaning

https://imgur.com/a/BGGhs

as you can see the Twist-Snap style still leaves a little sprue plugs needing preening, but actually a sharp finger nail can get rid of the big bits, there are still mould lines, specifically down the greaves and laterally across the bare head ear to ear and woefully all down the plasma pistol's accelerator 

and most irritatingly of all, the holster is on the wrong leg

Edited by D3L

The past five days in-the-hobby I've been painting on my Praetor for IF Expansion V. I've been able to keep my little studio above freezing, but had to keep the actively used paints in my pockets to warm them for use. It's been a bit of a challenge but well worth the effort.