Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I finished painting this...

jUZ0Pyn.png

+++ All Praise the Omnissiah +++ Arcis Pattern Void Shield Generator ‧ Online +++ Containment Field ‧ Nominal +++ Plasma Reaction ‧ Stable +++

Sleep now. Yes, sleep good. Check Legion Rising for another update with some more images and random banter after sleep.

TITH I finished painting this...

jUZ0Pyn.png

+++ All Praise the Omnissiah +++ Arcis Pattern Void Shield Generator ‧ Online +++ Containment Field ‧ Nominal +++ Plasma Reaction ‧ Stable +++

Sleep now. Yes, sleep good. Check Legion Rising for another update with some more images and random banter after sleep.

Marvelous... Now I want to grab mine and finally finish it and give it some more details

Today in the hobby I took my brick technique and made a terrain piece for a friend's birthday.  Basically painted grey, glazed red, green and blue and then black washed and drybrushed off white.  Still need to paint some brown and flock and add tufts and things.  Then seal.  And the bottom few rows of bricks need gloss varnish to make them look wet.

t6qWm39.jpg

DvsipaM.jpg

Today In The Hobby, I got my Stynylrez red-brown primer in the mail (it's been too cold to leave it out in the mailbox all day before!)  Used it to prime a couple of Custodian Guards.

Cures quickly, has fantastic coverage and good tooth, and I only needed one thin coat of gold over it!  So much better for preserving detail and saving time, and even better than the Vallejo AV primer, even with a brush.

TITH I read Straken (good read) and found out I managed to get dry pneumonia. So I guess I got blessed by Nurgle?

Didn't want to just "like" the post about you getting sick.  Hopefully your Nurgle blessings don't intensify.

TITH I flocked my ruined brick structure.  I need to flock the light edges and add some tufts, but that'll be tomorrow.

bKRalvS.jpg

TiTH I received another Scale 75 paint set. I have an unfinished Necrosphinx model that needs some gold paint so that should be fun. I've just got to put the finishing touches on a Deff Dread first. I just need to paint the base and glue the last pair of arms in place.

TITH I started testing out spray primer on a few intercessors. Hopefully I’ll get used to this new fangled way of painting. Also bought a primaris chaplain and apothecary and the 2016 imperial space marine.

Plus I also decided to ditch the white consuls in favour of my own chapter which I think I’m going to call the Sol Destroyers if that name isn’t taken.

TITH I played my first game of 40K.
I borrowed & played with a friend's SM army (1000 points) against him & his Tyranid army. It seemed a little one-sided (as he had twice the models than I had), but it was fun. I probably asked too many questions while playing. There were all sorts of "helpful" advice from other players at the shop. "Space Marines? You've lost already." "THAT'S what you chose to take?" "You should play (insert other army type here)."

Yea, it was fun.

gallery_104866_14200_117787.gif

Edited by Stark

Yesterday in the hobby, I bought a medium PP Drawer Unit from Muji to store my paints and proceeded to put them in it as soon as I got home. The height is perfect for GW washes and Vallejo's format as well.

As soon as I have the chance, I'll buy another one to store the rest of my hobby tools and stack it up with the one I already have.

TITH I played my first game of 40K.

I borrowed & played with a friend's SM army (1000 points) against him & his Tyranid army. It seemed a little one-sided (as he had twice the models than I had), but it was fun. I probably asked too many questions while playing. There were all sorts of "helpful" advice from other players at the shop. "Space Marines? You've lost already." "THAT'S what you chose to take?" "You should play (insert other army type here)."

Yea, it was fun.

gallery_104866_14200_117787.gif

Don't worry too much about the other people playing in the store, some people just hate SM because they are the poster boys of 40k.

TITH I finished painting the flesh and claws/teeth of three Tyranid Hormagaunts. This is the first model, which I finished the other day:

40327322301_8a83a3b2b4_n.jpg

The next three just need to have their carapace, eyes, and tongues painted, plus any touch-up work required.