Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITHI undercoated five Tartaros terminators, and five Cataphractii terminators. Really pleased with the Averland Sunset and Mechanicus Standard Grey sprays, since it's the first time I've undercoated a model not using Chaos Black.

TITHI am painting up one of those Cataphractii to get a WS scheme I'm happy with, and debating what to do with the Tartatos squad, either ordering a brighter yellow to go over the Averland, or start painting the rest of them. Also putting in an order for a load of paints and sprays, a replacement base for my Deredeo, and possibly the new Orlock gang.

Lately in the Hobby (since this is an ongoing thing) I've been working on Scion count as conversions. And while the tighter plastic detail with better proportions is nice, the hands being molded onto the rifles is not. Basically it limits which arms and torsos can be paired together (like GSC and Skitarri arms don't work due to the shoulder width on the GSC torso, likewise the Scion arms have to be trimmed down at the shoulder connection to fit on GSC torsos and don't work on Skitarii torsos).

Also I'm spending a LOT of time working out how to convert Yvrainne into an Oder Famulous style model to be my warband's Interrogator (using Inquisitor rules of course). This....won't be as easy as I was hoping it'd be.

TITH figured out a way to paint with a cast and bandaged arm and shoulder.:D :sweat:

The old paint brush in the teeth trick? :D Seriously, hope you're doing okay. Go easy and give it a chance to heal. Us old folks mend slowly.

And TITH I painted some more on that assault squad and their apothecary buddy. Almost done. Then I unpacked Dorn and checked him out. Sweet mini, exquisite detail.

YITHI worked on my land raider excelsior. Need to apply another thin layer of gold to get base colors done, but then I’ll move onto details. Hopefully I can finish this thing before April (and the Rhino Primaris too). We’ll see. Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Today in the hobby I learned that "super thin" super glue is not ideal for my needs.  Despite great care, the stuff flows like water and basically made a terrible mess on the base I'd just nicely painted and the model I was gluing to it. :(

The gel stuff may clog up often, but it never did this to me.

TITHI Almost finished mortarion (still got some nurglings and his gas mask to do) but I did finish the base off, based up three blight haulers and prevaricated further over attempting the volkite and rotor cannon ammo feeds

TITH I shopped for a magnifying glass that can clamp onto the desk. No doubt the hobby has contributed to my poor eyesight over the decades, yet the decision is a glaring indication that I am advancing chronologically.

Today in the hobby, I am finally going to start on that 20-strong Tac Squad. Mix of Mk.III, Mk.IV, Phobos, Tigrus, and Umbra-Ferrox bolters along with some Word Bearer upgrades throughout. I'm also going to try and get these Gal Vorbak assembled again.

TITHI Did some quick math and discovered that for £70 more I could spend 30 points less and carry one more custode:censored:

Landraider 400 pts for £35 to £40 (I think) transports 5 (potms and better save with decent AT weapons and ok AP weapon)

Coronus grav carrier 370 pts for £110 transports 6 (more wounds, worse save with ok AT weapon and slightly better AP weapon but moves faster)

Sadly it's only one Coronus to a detachment, but it'll let me take my 2k list of custodes to 3k with just 3 models (Coronus, Landraider, an imperial f$*k ton of misercordias and a vexillus praetor)

Also ordered two boxes of jet bike custodes, one of warden and allarus custodes plus Trajan Valoris himself, There's going to be so much gold my mini display shelves will look like Fort Knox:cool.:

#firstworldproblems :wink:

TITH battle for Macragge turned up in the post. Only bought it for the crashed lander. All the space marines are in it and so are the nids and termagants along with all the other bits and pieces. Only things missing are Lieutenant Varras and the fusion core. The minis have been overpainted so gonna strip them down and redo them I think.