Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in The Hobby I painted my entire Necromunda gang of Genestealer Hybrids (using the Deathwatch: Overkill set) in a day. Started after lunch, let Spielberg's film The Post (about publishing the Pentagon Papers) play in the background, THEN watched Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara's documentary The Fog of War.

TL;DR - pretty much the perfect day*.

* Note - would have been improved if I then played All the President's Men right after The Post.

Here's a pic of the Genestealer gang. Played with negative space (i.e. Sin City-like shadows) with the lighting effect from shoulder lamps.

gallery_57329_13636_90678.jpg

TITHI went to Salute, hung out with Chaeron as is tradition and enjoyed having actual cash for the first time at one. Grabbed a couple of big KR cases, a Fire Raptor and a terrain bundle from TT Combat.

Dragonlover

We had a great time!

Today in The Hobby I painted my entire Necromunda gang of Genestealer Hybrids (using the Deathwatch: Overkill set) in a day. 

I love the blues and purples N1SB, really nice!

TITH, I'm hoping to get some things sprayed - and I'm hoping to put together some Heavy Support Squads with Volkite Culverins :happy.:

Today, and every day for the past rwo weeks, ITH I worked on prepping stuff for ETL. And now I sit surrounded by various sized baggies of scraped, washed, partially built, and primed units.

Also TITH I made another Forge World order... because you can never have enough resin crack

TITH -  Read on the BNC that Gang War 3 and Van De Saars are finally going up for pre order next week!

Placed a cheeky bid on ebay for a Decimator.   Getting nervous FW will axe that old model next and I've always wanted one. 

Built up an Escher Juve for 'my wife's' gang.  :whistling:

Looked up game stores in Miami / Fort Lauderdale area as I'm heading there in a few weeks for a few weeks.  Any recommendations?   

I read about a place called Tate's comics.   Its too bad because there was a GW store like 10 miles from where we are staying but its closed.

TITHI Realized I'm only one allarus custodian, dawn eagle jet bike and Trajann valoris away from my 2k custodes list, should be able to finish them just in time for the game tonight as well

:biggrin.:

YITHI Ordered a caladius grav tank and some custodes transfers, curse you free shipping on £100 orders for making me get those extremely useful transfers, curse you i say:wink:

:edit:

rather than double post

TITHI Finished Trajann, jet bike and the allarus, played against 2k of orks including a gargantuan squiggoth (despite which i was still out numbered by around 6 to 1)

Lost: 6 dawn eagles (including my shield captain) 7 out of 14 custodians and all but 5 of the coronus grav carriers wounds

Orks remaining: 7 gretchin, 3 boyz, 2 meks, painboy, weirdboy and banner bearer out of 130 ish

Victory by one point on turn 5 after a match where the lead continuously ricocheted back and forth like a rubber bullet in an elevator:thumbsup:

Edited by treadhead

The last few days ITH I have been hauling butt around the farm getting all the spring chores done to clear my decks for ETL. Tomorrow the paint comes out! Here's hoping I can move enough to get brush to the mini.

TITHI Got my caladius grav tank and custodes transfer sheet in the mail, sprayed it (the tank not the transfers) black, boltgun and gold, and began construction of the sub assemblies prior to painting the fiddly bits

TITHI mustered the UNPAINTED forces, collected all of them on a sheet and counted them.
With all my models that are still on sprues: 266 individual models... still not painted ...for my Space Wolves.

20180430_221320.jpg

(Denial) It can't be that much...
(Anger) Why the heck did I buy so much over the last two years? Ugh!
(Bargaining) I wish I could get these painted in no time... I'd sell my brother for it.
(Depression) I wanna hide down at the Geothermal Reactors of the Aett...
(Acceptance) ...but guess I need to vow SOMETHING for the ETL now.

Edited by RikuEru