Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I assembled a unit of scouts with sniper rifles (my fingers still hurt from holding helmets to shave down for them), and continued my quest to turn my far too large Imperial Guard army into multiple armies because it's not like I have hundreds of Marines to paint as well...

TITHI Helped my Nephew clean up and partly assemble his Commander Farsight. I spent over an hour clipping, scraping and filling bubbles and it still looks messy in places. It's still partly in sub-assemblies to make it easier to undercoat. I'd forgotten how awful GW resin models are. I've been spoiled working in plastic for so long. :p

TITHI...

Played two 1K point games with my Death Guard. Glued a Deathwatch Librarian in TDA to a new base, and snapped a Deathwatch Watchmaster off of a little base, and glued him onto an appropriately sized one.

End of Line

TITHI Painted a custodes shield captain on foot and got notice my telemon heavy dreadnought (with twin iliastus culverins) has been dispatched, I see another can of retributor spray in my near future

YITHI Started working out a pure (ish, ok there will be 32 imperial guardsmen to hold back field objectives and provide extra cp) custodes list for a tournament in October

TITHI went to Salute, hung out with Chaeron as is tradition and enjoyed having actual cash for the first time at one. Grabbed a couple of big KR cases, a Fire Raptor and a terrain bundle from TT Combat.

Dragonlover

We had a great time!

I keep forgetting you guys are a few hours away, I must drag my arse out to meet two of my fave Fraeter someday. When I have the cash, whenever that will be. :lol:

YITHI wrapped up and posted pictures of my first ETL vow in the Tyranids outpost! Looking forward to working on my second vow, which leads me to...

TITHI plan to make my second ETL vow and continue working on some silly styrofoam terrain I made a few days ago out of a burst of ingenuity and boredom

TITHI feel like I'm getting nowhere with this Deredeo. Using this chart, I'm trying to apply Nuln Oil onto Terminatus Stone but the TS is showing through the oil even after multiple coats. Think I'll start work on my Warsmith to change it up.

TITH I knocked a bottle of nail polish remover over my table and soaked the Vindicator I am working on for my ETL vow. Paint went icky so I have stripped it to start again. :'(

YITHI wo4ked on 12 Cataphractii Terminators.

During that I learned that it's actually even better to use a large, soft brush to apply Nuln Oil. It gives you a nice even coat, it gets into every recess and you can easily adjust the amount of Nuln Oil you want in specific areas.

...and it's so much faster!

Similiarly, I normally wouldn't use a large drybrush on infantry models, BUT that worked out superbly aswell!

Of course this wouldn't work for details, but fir the base armor colour - amazing! Less streaks and a nice, thin coat.

Can't wait to try that on Power Armor Models. This will make the early, basic steps of painting so much easier and faster.

TITHI just put the finishing touches to the second Flash Git in my army. I normally paint using a batch painting method but these guys are so individualistic that I decided to paint them one at a time. They are such a fun unit to assemble and paint so far but I'm having some trouble trying to get all the sub-assemblies to play nice.

TITH, I've been painting my Kharybdis for the ETL and have made some good progress: now for detailing, weathering, and washing! :smile.:

I've been wanting to scratchbuild a counts as, any chance you could list (or pm) me the dimensions of the thing?

2DAITH I completed my 1st ETL vow!

TITH I began to try and properly strip some models after soaking them in 1:2 SG:H2O dilute for five days. All the paint’s off but the primer is being surprisingly stubborn.

Well my weekend took a small downturn.

TITH I went to the local game store to pick up my knight only to find out all but one of the pre-orders never arrived. The owner of the store contacted GW and they said they're having issues getting their stuff into Canada so I'm assuming this is the US branch. All that arrived was that little metal ruler thing from the pre-orders.

So I ended getting Army painter strong tone ink and dark tone ink as well as a vehicle brush in prep for the knights arrival...whenever that is.

Edited by Kriegsmacht