Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

@phantomzero17 lol tsoalr ftw all it needs is a cheap mp3 player set to "Freem"

TITHI Finished dawn eagle 8 and 9, currently thinking of using them with my smurfs as an outrider detachment (Two 4 bike squads, shield captain and a calladius grav tank) against an ork army :devil:

Next the second kastellan robot is up for some more paint

Guest MistaGav

TITH I've started work on my first Dominus knight, the Castellan. Managed to prime it and get a fair few details done in the morning so hopefully this evening I will be able to finish that and the weapons ready for a wash.

YITH I sorted through my 40k stuff to take stock on where I am. I took a break for a while because I've been painting up a Mordheim warband and doing a lot of 3d printing.

I have a narrative space hulk event coming up so I got my cataphractii unit sorted. I have a cataphractii captain that I'll be priming up this weekend along with a heavy flamer so I can run the captain with a 5 man squad to purge the xenos.

Today, I've completed my second Daemon Prince of Tzeentch. This is part of my ETL 2018 vow. I have to finish a Scarab Occult squad to complete my vow. I have to gloss coat the talons and seal it, but it is table-ready.

This daemon prince was once a member of the inner conclave within the Sectai Prosperine. It was one of the first to ascend to prince hood after overseeing the destruction of much of the Blood Ravens' 4th Battle Group in M39.751. Much of its time is spent within the daemonic eddies of the warp, manifesting only when the cult's need is great.
gallery_2133_13638_138208.jpg
gallery_2133_13638_108840.jpg
It isn't going to win any awards, but it will look okay from across the table. :smile.:
Thanks for looking.

TiTHI have my bags packed to visit my brother and sister in Australia. My Imperial Knight is sadly left on hold but I've managed to cram some Meganobs and some paints into the suitcase. That's something to do if there's any downtime.

TITHI started work on my Repulsor. With a bit of an Easter egg for any older opponents I come across.

ng7kdet.jpg

I gets it! TSOALR! Gutsy move, putting them on a Repulsor.

I’m not old but I read the comic a while back. Wish it was still going.

I got my Storm Eagle and Rogue Trader in the post.

And redesigned my 2500 OA list to fit my SE meaning all I need to buy now is a DDP when the new one comes out. Also need to build and paint everything but stuff is still in storage.

YITH I got another session in on my Cataphractii Captain, along with a couple extra arms for the Cataphractii unit that will be accompanying him as his vanguard during the upcoming narrative Space Hulk event I'll be attending.

TITH I enjoyed the holiday doing some hobby support work.  I got a bag of glass beads in so I took the time to add one to every single paint pot and bottle in my collection (finding out in the process how many repeat & previously unopened paints I had) and I started cleaning out my "sprue" drawer.  Which basically amounts to clipping off everything I hadn't used from a bunch of sprues and putting the bits in my bitz box.  I've just been lazy this past year and let things accumulate in there.

I did that once with an Imperial Guard army and again with a Space Marine army, DBadger.... never again.  Never ever again. 

Today in the Hobby, I primed a Warhound while listening to Streetlight Manifesto for the first time.  It was euphoric.

TITH i did a bit of work on my Dark Talon. Sunk a couple of magnets and used a bit of greenstuff for the first time in years. It may even be ready to prime soon! If it is I'll have to consider if i should vow it in ETL 

2DAITH I played a fun 50 PL game against an excellent opponent. I lost, but only after deciding the safe way to win was boring and decided to charge my remaining forces (2 wounded tanks, a captain, 2 intercecssors, and a min squad of tac marines) into a termagaunt gunline in deep cover with a tervigon in support. I'd love to play against him if it wasn't for the fact that he was moving very soon.

TITH I worked on a conversion of a Stormcast sequitor (that took 10 tries to spell, btw, curse you autocorrect) into a black guard librarian with a force stave and a plasma pistol.

Not sure how it's worked out but I think it'll look better once painted.

Black guard libby front

Black Guard libby back

TITH I finished my 4th ETL vow and am sorting through a morass of resin for the 5th. Finally got a proper Betrayal at Calth force painted up, though I won't get to use it until the weekend (fun little game).

Brother, I have no idea how you paint so fast... and also paint so well. You did that warhound in less than a week. It amazes me. I've been painting like it was a full time job and I'll barely break 3k for the ETL.

Oh, and TITH I painted.

Edited by Semper Fortis

-laughs- likely by cutting more corners and drying times than is wise or advisable, brother Fortis. And batch painting so I can nail a technique and get faster/smoother at it.  But that warhound... ugh, it was cut schedules and massive overtime as I had nothing slated to do for a few days (bad weather, no outdoor work).  I knew if I stopped, I wouldn't want to look at it again... ever.  

You paint well, brother!  And you paint the accursed shade, all things are put into context in 'painting yellow'.  And many thanks again!

Tomorrow in the Hobby, pretty sure I'm taking a day off for the first time in I don't know how long. 

Edited by Vykes