Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

... That's why you train the squirrels how to play...

Dude, why didn't I think of that? :facepalm:

Aaaaaaaand last few days ITH I've been working on color tests for the Solar Auxilia portion of my siege force. I needed a break from all that yellow. Worked on a bit of the fluff, too.

I've discovered painting Yriel Yellow over white is WAY better than over Averland Sunset. Takes one to two coats instead of ten for coverage.

Yesterday I put a Primaris captain (the Power Armour one) into sub assemblies, converted (read: lopped off his rifle hand and swapped it for one from the Intercessor box so he could have a proper assault bolter) the anniversary Sergeant to be a Lieutenant, build a box of Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets, build my first two Intercessors and ordered a FW Imperial Fists transfer sheet. Now I just need to decide if the 4th company will follow tactical markings or say "zog it, we're going Crusading" and only do squad numbers instead. 

... That's why you train the squirrels how to play...

Dude, why didn't I think of that? :facepalm:

Aaaaaaaand last few days ITH I've been working on color tests for the Solar Auxilia portion of my siege force. I needed a break from all that yellow. Worked on a bit of the fluff, too.

I've discovered painting Yriel Yellow over white is WAY better than over Averland Sunset. Takes one to two coats instead of ten for coverage.

Yep, makes it so much easier. I did Corax White, a coat of Averland Sunset and then one or two coats of Yriel Yellow and it is incredibly vibrant. Averland Sunset as the only base colour just looks a yellowy orange.

YITHI built a few more daemonettes and did more work on my Lord of Contagion, hopefully can swing by the local GW to pick up some technical paints for the censer's smoke/fumes.

Put a lot of thought into my new Kill Team. Had a lot of input from my two WIP threads linked my signature with those that follow them and converse with me.

My homebrew Kill Team has been created! Color scheme, emblem, and name are all done. I have a basic idea of their lore that I will develop over time. I still have a lot of work to do with their details and additional iconography but that can all come as I work on them.

Very excited.

And with their first official introduction, say hello to the Spectral Sicarii:

Hidden Content
9FPHkZc.jpg

Their emblem will be the purple layer of this flower:

Hidden Content
jasDANt.jpg

My wife helped me develop the color scheme and that is a flower she painted on a larger picture. I want to use the flower as an homage to her. I am making the eyes purple to add a little more pop and help to bring in the emblem when I paint it.

I've got some models with paint stripping right now so hopefully I'll be able to do a test model this weekend.

TITHI Bought two copies of the getting started in 40k magazine, the first strike box and after giving the magazines to the nephew and niece (got the evil eye from sister when i did this:biggrin.: )

After some careful but brutal use of clippers (with only one minor mistake as well) I now have five intercessors and a reaver for my soon to be built primaris deathwatch kill team, the rest of the box will be added to my smurfs and deathguard respectively

NITHI Plan on buying some inceptors (one for the kill team and one each for my two squads of smurfs), Hell blasters (four for the deathwatch and 6 as a third squad for those glorious guys in blue:whistling:) and some aggressors (again dividing between death watch and smurfs)

The more astute will notice this kill team would be twelve strong but the extras are for options list wise (not because i have a plastic crack problem:wink: )

Edited by treadhead

How are you getting 6 models into a DW kill team? I thought each model clocked in around 20 points for DW?

It's a primaris kill team for my death watch army :wink:

TITHI Played a 1800 pt game with my smurfs.

My list consisted of

calgar, primaris lieutenant, sergeant Cronus in a predator, 2 more preds, 20 intercessors and 10 scouts (4 snipers, missile launcher and the rest pistols and blades)

his to the best of my recollection was just masses of stormboys, slugga boys, shoota boys, some tank bustas in a truck, 2 wierdboys, warboss on bike, 2 meks with force field and ten gretchin

turn four concession from the green skins (who were down to 5 storm boys, three gretchin, a painboy and a wierdboy)

was it slightly evil of me to run calgar with roboutte, maybe, but it was fun seeing papa smurf showing roboutte how they do it in the 41st millenniumturn

Edited by treadhead

How are you getting 6 models into a DW kill team? I thought each model clocked in around 20 points for DW?

It's a primaris kill team for my death watch army :wink:

Ha! I don't play DW but I am making a Primaris Kill Team using DW rules because of my lore. I wasn't even thinking large scale 40k when I read your post. I'll have to remember that in the future!

Built a few Iron Warriors for the Heresy, and got most of my plasma Tac Support squad (sans sergeant) primed with Leadbelcher, and got my Cortus conversion, Praetor conversion, and Cataphractii likewise primed. Also finished building some Tacticals, who now only await some detailing and eventually transfers.

Today in the Hobby, I pre-ordered the LE of "The Lords of Silence". I also built two more Myphitic blight Haulers and another squad of Plague Marines.

TITH I played a game of kill team against my son's Necrons and got crushed. Good for him, bad for me. It was uphill from the start because the objective was in his zone.

I worked in a few Marine list to changed things up since I've not been fairing well.

I organized a batch of models that I stepped paint from. I have a Gray Knight kill team that will be ready for priming after I get a few bits a friend sent me.

I purchased a roller from greenstuffworld that I'll be using for the bases on my new Primaris kill team/chapter.

I haven't been doing anything too awesome (definitely not as awesome as the Rogue Trader Bebop up there), just working on my Primaris Captain in stages and trying to find the energy to paint more in a single sitting.

My project has drifted a little though as I've found the green wasn't as visually interesting as I thought it would be so I opted for black trim....and am planning on marking my units Horus Heresy style. Something something Primaris Captain says the Crusade ain't over so we're going Crusadin' is the plan basically.

Who says Sigismund is the only one who knows how to have fun? :P

Today in the hobby, I nabbed the Death Guard paint set and I couldn't help but grin at the nod to Ian Watson's "Space Marine" in the Kill Team rulebook.

-sighs- TITH I complained about FW shipping, then proceeded to double the number of Storm Eagles I own from 3 to 6 before lunch.  At lunch, I get to spite someone who kept stalling me on said earlier FW order (does that make me self descutively spiteful?) And it's kill team day!