Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

That makes for a nice diorama piece, or objective marker!

TITH...I ran out of primer. I need to pick some up more this week, and I'm likely to pick up some grey as well to let me do the Goliaths with less effort since I'm following a scheme pretty close to GW's (subbing out the red markings for Jokaero Orange to match the robe/tabard colors I'm using).

TITHI based a couple of recon soldiers I ordered as part of the drive from Anvil Industries last year. I'm determined to make them into a generic sci-fi army for me to use for other games, but looking at these snipers is making me ever so slightly want to proxy either Alpha Legion or Raven Guard, neither legion being one I've ever even considered.

Also looking at finally building my 40k Roboute Guilliman, but taking off most of the filigree and giving him the helmet. Ain't no decoration for the sons of the XIII.

TITHI Finally finished the ammo / fuel hoses for the rotor cannons and vulkite culverins in my XIIIth legion army (without breaking any of them :yes: ) also did the gold trim and eye lenses on some more of the veteran tactical squads, finished the smurf(tastic) lieutenant from conquest and the last of my eight allarus terminators paint jobs, I just need to do the bases now :wallbash: 

I did a test model for a allied solar auxilia force

fluff wise his cohort (the 205th) is from Mercury, thus the moniker "the children of Hermes" 

HvsbNpk.jpg

I'll be honest, ever since FW released those models I knew that if I ever get around to building a Scions based army those guys will be the core of it. And nice job so far! The colors are looking pretty good!

TITHI started work on one of my Mek's recovery vehicles for my Speed Freeks:

OWSNwlx.jpg

ip8HdbF.jpg

The Grot crane operator makes me far too happy :biggrin.:

This is also reminding me I need to make the thread in the Orks forum.... But I think that'll wait until I actually get some vehicles lol

Edited by Gederas

TITH I stocked up on some GW spray primers (white and gray), build 8 Purestrain Genestealers, built 10 Guardsmen with the GSC upgrade sprue (the kit that comes with the Chimera) and shaved off around 20 aquilas off the models (I still need to figure out how to shave off the ones on the Chimera side panels with the least amount of damage), and picked up a GSC Leman Russ as well. 

Basically I was a dirty heretic and I regret nothing. Now I'm about to head home to get some painting done.

I still need to figure out how to shave off the ones on the Chimera side panels with the least amount of damage

Dremel and 220 grit sandpaper.

The Dremel for the big area, then the sandpaper for smoothing out.

I still need to figure out how to shave off the ones on the Chimera side panels with the least amount of damage

Dremel and 220 grit sandpaper.

The Dremel for the big area, then the sandpaper for smoothing out.

That requires spending money on something that isn't models, rent (which gives me a place to keep thee models) or food (which gives me energy to paint and build said models). :tongue.:

Actually I was considering taking a hobby knife and carving rents through the icons like someone took some rending claws to them.

Edited by Fulkes

TITH I sealed my Kill Team squad up. Two are completed and the others now have a protective coat over the base layer so I can paint them without damaging the edges with my fingers.

I also started painting a drop pod to see if I like my Kill Team scheme on a larger model.

What's so bad about drop pods? I've never tackled one myself, so I'm curious. It's looking neat so far.

TiTHI undercoated a Stardrake as a change of pace from my 40k forces. It is a gift from a friend and I'm looking forward to having a go at something different. I am waiting for the decals for my Imperial Knight so that's a project I'm looking forward to finishing.

Not sure what your phone is, but you could be offering that up too close to the phone’s camera lens. All lenses have a minimum focus distance, within which you’ll never get a sharp shot.

If so, take the photo from further away and crop the image to get back to this size.

TheWarriorHunter, dude... yeah I get ya.  Ugh, those models.  I'd say "at least it's not a dreadclaw."  I ended up getting unintentionally high off the glue getting that thing together and it is just the worst.... Drop pods. -sighs- 

well, Today in the Hobby I put down the primer on 2 Eagles, a Mastadon, Rhino, and 20-some marines only to be juuuust finishing up the last eagle and a neighbor came over to use the compressor while I was (Dual hose) and jacked it up to 80 psi while I was working...  Tomorrow in the Hobby, fishing an Eagle out of a vat of alcohol. 

What's so bad about drop pods? I've never tackled one myself, so I'm curious. It's looking neat so far.

Just a lot of little nooks and crannies to paint, that can't be done until a different color base layer is down, which then has to be cleaned up. Now multiply that by five since there's that many doors/fins and I still have the interior.

It will be great when it's done and I fully accept that I did this to myself. It would have been a lot easier to paint this for my Raven Guard.\

Not sure what your phone is, but you could be offering that up too close to the phone’s camera lens. All lenses have a minimum focus distance, within which you’ll never get a sharp shot.

If so, take the photo from further away and crop the image to get back to this size.

Yeah, figured out the issue. I was indeed getting too close.

That being said, TITHI finished Brother Lektor:

7vRDECh.jpg

And with Brother-Sergeant Antoni:

vwQX4FN.jpg

Edited by Gederas

TiTH I took inventory of what I have in boxes and needs assemble and painting.

It was, well... interesting...

VCgYufN.jpg

So I have:

Imperial Space Marine 2016

Legion Centurion (Limited Ed.)

Tactical Squad x3

Devastator Squad x2

Centurion Squad x2

Terminator Squad x2

Terminator Assault Squad x1

Land Raider x3

Razorback x3

Vindicator x2

Predator x1

Thunderfire Cannon x1

Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer Upgrade x4

Leviathan Dreadnought x1 (FW)

Leviathan Stormcannon x2 (FW)

Leviathan Grav-Flux x1 (FW)

Leviathan Melta Lance x1 (FW)

Dreadnought Multimelta Arm x2 (FW)

Dreadnought Autocannon Arm x4 (FW)

Space Marine Air Defence Missile Launcher x3 (FW)

I'm going to need more glue...

Edited by Winds Of Fury

TiTH I actually got an extreeeemely early morning (super late evening) game of intro 30K done after a mate got off of work.

Oh 30K, I've forgotten so so much, but some nice fuzzy feelings remain. Hoping to even make up a bat-rep some time.

gallery_107230_14721_329171.jpg