Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
6573 replies to this topic

Leonaides

Leonaides

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,373 posts

still use 3 of them regularly - only 1 MM and 1 HF have fallen off mine (tho I probably overglued them during assembly).

Today in the hobby I signed away a couple of months of my life for the ETL...

• Taranis likes this

"most gamers (especially ones who frequent forums) are idiots of one form or another" Great Crusade 08
LPC 2009 LPC 2010  LPC 2011 LPC 2012 LPC 2013
gallery_19254_8784_1046.gifgallery_19254_8784_3201.gif gallery_19254_8784_3710.gifgallery_19254_8523_59626.jpg

Brother dean

Brother dean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,987 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels,

Seven pins is kinda heavy...  Where did you pin it?  I've gont two holding the vertical stabilizer on and it holds up fine...   And the pilots shoulder, three I guess...

"deans somewhat less rarely updated log" (ammobunker) DA, GotC and PA follies (B&C plog)

4500pts of Deathwing...   Quantity is a Quality all it's own.

(TheShadowGuard)
On wings of death they shall ride, to unleash hell and fury from above
Sons of Johnson shall roll like a tide, in memory of the father and the lord they love

Aegnor

Aegnor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,056 posts
  • Chapter Name: Salamanders, Dark Angels
Two into each seat (actually they're two long ones that go right through the middle bit into the chairs on either side), one in the under plate up into the middle bit, one from each engine pod into the chair backs.

It wasn't pinned at all when my brother did it (we were kids, pinning was a bit beyond our repertoire back then). It might be overkill, but figured I wanted to do it once and do it for good! ;)

Was still easier than the first of the two metal Thunderfire cannons I've built. Yay for multi-part metal models! :)
Fbm7BxJ.jpg SWyTedd.jpg

WIP - Salamanders and other randomsIt's not more guns or tactics this army needs, it's Thunder Hammers, and lots of them!

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,583 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More
Yesterday in the hobby I put together 10 BLK Dragons and partially painted 10 Excoriators.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,243 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sentinels

Today in the hobby I bought a 10/0 brush, and two lengths of different gauge miniature chain.

Also had my first lesson in casting parts with resin.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: + Imperial Fists Expansion V +  Tactical Squad

karden00

karden00

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts

Today in the hobby I put everything away into boxes because my Gundam Mastergrade 1/100 scale Tallgeese II limited edition shipped. I have been looking forward to this one, and I hope that my recent experimenting with airbrushing rhinos and land raiders has paid off. I find static scale models are a lot less forgiving than 40k minis that often try to look battle-worn or at least dynamic as if in the throws of combat. 

'Lorgar has his own battles to fight, Erebus,' replied Horus sharply. 'Should he fail at Calth, all this will be for nothing if Guilliman's Legion is allowed to intervene.
You can always ally the Dark Angels to your current ultramarine force.
Never.
My Ultramarines aren't taking the field with traitors.
That's what Dark Vengeance is. A box of traitors.

"Now I have a plasma cannon. LOGISTICS LOGISTICS LOGISTICS."

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

++ PROPUGNATRIX REGNUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Sacred Tome (SoB)

Last night in the hobby, I pinged a wood elf head I was converting to go on my warpsmith across the room and into the bottom of my ratcage just before applying the last layer of paint that would finish the head. The good news is that the rats only have the top of a three-section cage. The bad news is that there's no way in hell I can get into the bottom section (which is used for storage) without disassembling the whole damn cage.

At that point, easier to start again with another head. ><

I also packed away most of my bits-sprues and currently not-in-use models (like Tichi-Huichi's Raiders and my scratchbuilt Tomb Spyders) in preparation for moving in a couple of months... aiya, but my study looks empty.

Anyone got experience in painting in conservatories? Is the light good enough, or does the heat cause issues?

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.
Sisters in 7th: W2 L0 D0

Tzeentch: Change you can believe in.

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,610 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

The Skavens hungered for the head of the elf-thing!  You could not tricks them with your conversion, no no!

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

ChaosLord Leon Enaek

ChaosLord Leon Enaek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Gibbet's Court & MMEFCohort-Beta

The Skavens hungered for the head of the elf-thing! You could not tricks them with your conversion, no no!

Thanquol strikes again :) I always assumed the denizens of 40k beyond his power, but he sneak-struck at a Warpsmith of Chaos without squirting the musk of fear! Truly are the Skaven to be feared :D

Today in the hobby I finalised my Death Guard army list and lamented my lack of paint money.

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,583 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

Today in the hobby put together Marines of chapter 19 that I'm working on.teehee.gif tongue.png

• BrotherCaptainArkhan likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

A Son of Sanguinius

A Son of Sanguinius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts

Today in the hobby I wrote a 1500 pt Blood Angels list after not playing since 4th edition

• Taranis likes this

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2013_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

http://www.bolterand...od-angels-army/
My WIP Blood Angels army

Brother dean

Brother dean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,987 posts

Checked the tracking number on my Dark Shroud speeder 7 times...   No, it is not here yet despite the fact that it got mailed yesterday....   I might have a problem

"deans somewhat less rarely updated log" (ammobunker) DA, GotC and PA follies (B&C plog)

(TheShadowGuard)
Sons of Johnson shall roll like a tide, in memory of the father and the lord they love

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion

...I started something very, very nice for my Marines Malevolent. You'll just have to wait and see.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,243 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sentinels

Today in the hobby (well, last night), I cleaned up my first Cataphractii Terminator.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: + Imperial Fists Expansion V +  Tactical Squad

Gamanos

Gamanos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Today in the Hobby I started learning how to pin. I'm still uncertain as to how structurally sound it will be, so I'm double drilling and pinning to make sure my larger pieces stay in place. Here's to hoping I don't :cuss up this thunderhawk gunship. After that, I will then begin pinning my Scibor Jetbikes for my custodes(they are the size of rhino's....)

Also, cracking idea OP. Threads like this promote a proper community

Aqui

Aqui

++ SUPELLEX IKEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,946 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

It wasn't today, but recently I received the vast majority of the parts needed to make a counts-as Chaplain on bike using a WHF Lizard army Cold One for my Rainbow Warriors.  Am still waiting for two bitz companies to get ThunderWolf Cavalry legs back in stock.  I also have to work out how I'm going to represent the bikes twin bolters on the model (I might use a Storm Bolter that comes with the Commander kit and have it slung on his mounts neck using the strap that comes with it).  Am also rethinking using an Undead death mask for the Chaplain's helmet as it's a lot smaller than I thought as well. 

Possibly the most complex kitbash I've done for any of my armies yet.

Robert2004

Robert2004

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines, 3rd Company.

Today in the hobby I put built my first terminator assault squad, with blu tac to hold on their arms as the magnets have yet to arrive so I can switch out their weapons. I would have had them finished by now had I not ordered the magnets so cheap, then realised they were being posted from CHINA... Been waiting for almost three weeks. FML. Serves me right for being a tight arse.

Today in the hobby I also bought a nice terminator chaplain to go along with the squad in my land raider.

Rossnic

Rossnic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
  • Chapter Name: Astral Claws
Today I base coated the pillars for my sky shield landing pad. I also started my command squad for my astral claws.

facmanpob

facmanpob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,428 posts
  • Chapter Name: Guardians of the Covenant

Today in the hobby I planned what I'm going to paint for the ETL II

Parmenion

Parmenion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
  • Chapter Name: Aurora Chapter

Today in the hobby...

I under coated in black spray paint, 5 Tactical marines and a Techmarine. Then realised i was security locked out of my flat wallbash.gif back in now with help from on-site caretaker and his ability to break in peoples homes!!

-Our battles are directed sir?

-Well, of course they are, Blackadder, directed according to the grand plan!

-Would that be the plan to continue with total slaughter till everyone's dead except Field Marshall Haig, Lady Haig and their tortoise, Alan?

spedley13

spedley13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts
  • Chapter Name: Theon Crusade

Today in the hobby, I realised that it is very fun to model Space Marines doing non-space marine things. Like sit on a rock, or do parkour.

-edit- the font was really small, and that bugged me.

Edited by spedley13, 13 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

"A Templar Knight is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel. He is thus doubly armed and need fear neither daemons nor men."
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux -
ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gif

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,851 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Tyr

Yesterday in the hobby I reorganised my entire collection. Like, everything I've had since I was about 13. Cleared about 2000 points of Empire, about 1000 of Tomb Kings, gods know how much of LOTR, and discovered all my old BFG. Nothin' like free Christmas :D

Oh yeah, and I got a truescale Stormraven.

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

Brother dean

Brother dean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,987 posts

My Dark Shroud is sitting at home waiting on me....   Today I will be magnetizing a speeder.

(TheShadowGuard)

Robert2004

Robert2004

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 133 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines, 3rd Company.

Today in the hobby, I got my MAGNETS and used them to great effect very happy chappy with a set of assault terminators with magnets and weapons I can change, and perhaps down the line get normal terminator weapons and put magnets in them too!

Tomorrow in the hobby I plan to undercoat and start to paint my first ever TERMINATOR!!

Gamanos

Gamanos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Today in the hobby, I started a Xenos army. I then discovered that non imperial kits I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. My Licheguard look rather silly with their shields facing sideways....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users