Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI came home to see that my plastic glue destroyed a very important part of one of my Deathwatch models, and a slightly-less important part of another model.

The Plastic glue was in the box with some of my Deathwatch stuff, and apparently was knocked over somehow and leaked out plastic glue directly onto a pair of legs I was using to make a Sergeant, and the Deathwatch bike shield on Suberei's bike from Kill Team Cassius. It totally destroyed both, and fused them together.So now I need to get a new Kill Team Cassius.

Welp. That killed my hobby mood for the night.... And probably tomorrow too.

TITHI continued to do some work on my archmagos—>Illuminor Szeras counts-as. Currently trying to get the melee aspect of his Eldritch Lance represented in a Necron-y way without using the admech axe, or any other imperial bitz (those are being saved for my marines). Currently considering spare Wraith and praetorian bitz, but that may change.

TITHI put some work into various parts of a terrain piece I was hoping to finish up before tomorrows game.  Not going to happen but I at least did a bit.

I have taken to calling it the Jungle Gym; in my continued theme of rusty sector mechanicus with some GW plant bits glued on.

V4rfGK7.jpg

uv3TKow.jpg

Small album as I'm pretty happy with how basecoating brown came out.  Yellow is painted over AK Heavy Chipping so I'm going back over all of it and scraping it away in large patches.

TiTH, despite being on the road for a bit, I brought a few brushes along and finished up my speeders (including a not-so-done javelin missing its sponsons and crew). Just gotta wait to get home and magnetize some grav-guns for 30K. And I finished up some destroyers. Just, y'know, gotta do the suspensor web missiles.

gallery_107230_14721_181162.jpg

TiTH, despite being on the road for a bit, I brought a few brushes along and finished up my speeders (including a not-so-done javelin missing its sponsons and crew). Just gotta wait to get home and magnetize some grav-guns for 30K. And I finished up some destroyers. Just, y'know, gotta do the suspensor web missiles.

gallery_107230_14721_181162.jpg

I've seen OSL done pretty well, and pretty badly, and yours looks effing brilliant. At first I thought 'how has he mounted lights to his speeders?'.

TITH I opened up the Ebay Lizardmen I won and cut all the weapons off. Son's Blood Bowl team sorted in time for Christmas!

Also had another go at painting my berserkers eyes to finish my COC vow. And, surprise surprise, they still look terrible. This is something I really need to learn to do!

Tith I copied all the new points costs into my codexs. I can't find my larger magnets to magnetize my Greyknight strike squads, they are just misplaced.

Robwrath try that gem paint gw has (the shiney paint) and then use a glaze over the eye.

Edited by Trevak Dal

TITHI came home to see that my plastic glue destroyed a very important part of one of my Deathwatch models, and a slightly-less important part of another model.

The Plastic glue was in the box with some of my Deathwatch stuff, and apparently was knocked over somehow and leaked out plastic glue directly onto a pair of legs I was using to make a Sergeant, and the Deathwatch bike shield on Suberei's bike from Kill Team Cassius. It totally destroyed both, and fused them together.So now I need to get a new Kill Team Cassius.

Welp. That killed my hobby mood for the night.... And probably tomorrow too.

https://cad-comic.com/comic/for-the-greater-roll/

TITH Christmas came bloody early.

gallery_78067_11287_117783.jpg

That completes my collection of main rulebooks...

It looks to me like it arrived about 20 years too late. :p

That's a good haul. The books are reason enough to get that set if you aren't ancient enough to already own them (like myself :p ).

Thanks RobWrath, Chaeron; I'm pretty chuffed about how they turned out. It's crazy, and I don't think I'd ever cut a landspeeder into so many pieces again (And I ran out of the extra Storm Raven thusters from the Fire Raptors I built a while back. They're kinda important). I sure ain't some great converter but I had to have some speeders and they had to be non-40K speeders. So I think it worked. Gah, I love the red but it's different from most of my Blood Angel line troops... it's weirdly frustrating.

Oh, and RobWrath, Travek Dal's suggestion is a good'n with a strong metallic and a GW spiritstone paint. it's what I do for my sons of Horus' eyes.

Oh well, Today in the non-hobby, I got back to town, found my neighbor had borrowed my truck for pulling water and drove it off the road in the freezing rain. I thus spent 9 hours fuming and doing some hobby stuff. So, TiTH, I got a few Christmas presents for some mates done (luckily, not ones on this forum). Got probably another 3-4 hours of work left on 'em.

gallery_107230_14721_61487.jpeg

Edited by Vykes

I might try that for eyes. I totally suck at painting Space Marine eyes.

Anyway, TITH I finished (practical completion - I'm sure there are bits and bobs of touching up needed) my COC berserker squad. Here's the champ.

Berserker Champ 3

I also finished my build of a Khornate Dark Apostle and built another Lightning Claw set out of Cataphractii bits for my berserker terminators.

More pics on my WIP thread.

Dark Apostle & Terminator

TITH I made Christmas tree decorations with my kids. They were all about Minecraft and creativity. I made a shoulder pad from my Spectral Sicarii chapter to bring the Light Of The Emperor to my tree. :biggrin.:

DYVNTMT.jpg

Edited by thewarriorhunter

TITH I, in attempt to prep for my next Kill-Team Cassius, decided to try my hand at doing silicone molding for my own personal use. The piece came out quite well for a first attempt and me having no idea what the hell I'm doing :laugh.: Just some air bubbles on the front of the pack:

kDWvVnJ.jpg

The real issue is the resin is VERY rubbery. That might be because I made an improper mix? I'm not sure. But it did show me that I can do a 1-piece mold for something with as much depth as a backpack, so Suberei's bike front should be a piece of cake.

For those wondering why I'm doing this and making a copy of Suberei's bike front, see post #7503 in this thread.

Edited by Gederas

Veeeery nice ornaments, WarriorHunter, dude. Heh, that style of pixel art will always remember of those gradeschool macaroni projects because of the shape. Man, the world hath evolved.

Aye, good on ya for getting the fix in, Gederas, mate. Those look pretty good, too. Some resins just sorta, kinda are like that, eh? Might well be the mix but I know nothing about it. All I know is forgeworld resin is often a bit wonky and inconsistent, and that's about it.

Today in the Hobby I got mooooost of a Javelin speeder done up. Just gonna do a bit more blacklining, I think (I was tempted to leave it but meh). At some point I'm gonna have to figure out what I want to make of my red boys. I also base coated their Sicaran right when I saw something is off about it (operation 'find lost exhaust port' is a go).

Post Scriptum: And I got a shot, albeit poorly, of all my Blood Angels that are left... yaaaay. -weak cheer- Now I gotta make em work.

gallery_107230_14721_248632.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_583490.jpg

Edited by Vykes

Aye, good on ya for getting the fix in, Gederas, mate. Those look pretty good, too. Some resins just sorta, kinda are like that, eh? Might well be the mix but I know nothing about it.  All I know is forgeworld resin is often a bit wonky and inconsistent, and that's about it. 

Thanks! Turns out the resin was still curing :lol: It said on the box "demold/hardening time 7 to 10 minutes". It conveniently left out the part that it means that's how long it'll be before the piece can be taken OUT of the mold without it breaking apart. I checked the piece again before work: No longer rubbery, hard as the plastic.

Now I need to fix the air bubbles in it....

hah, kinda like a lot of primer instructions, they feel hidden in plain sight for the cure times, eh.  How long to fully cure?

With air bubbles, usually the usual finecast 'cleaning' applies, right?  Let the resin fully cure, then wash and scrub, and liquid greenstuff just about every surface that looks at ya funny. -sighs- Finecast, you get people prepped for that real good, don'tcha?