Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

hah, kinda like a lot of primer instructions, they feel hidden in plain sight for the cure times, eh.  How long to fully cure?

With air bubbles, usually the usual finecast 'cleaning' applies, right?  Let the resin fully cure, then wash and scrub, and liquid greenstuff just about every surface that looks at ya funny. -sighs- Finecast, you get people prepped for that real good, don'tcha?

Eyuup :lol: And the full cure was somewhere between 10:55am (when it was taken out of the mold) and 1:10pm when I left for work :lol:

And yeah, I'm going to wash it tomorrow, then use some Liquid Greenstuff (or actual Greenstuff) to fill in the holes. I did a wash of Nuln Oil to make the details more obvious, but it's clear there's some nice-sized holes.

Also side note: I must have skipped the era of Finecast being Failcast, because I've only had air bubbles and holes on finecast models in areas where it won't be seen, or would be removed :lol:

Not too bad if that's a full chemical cure, mate.  heh, all good.  Oh I missed most of the failcast generation too, but the 30K command squad (Masters of the Chapter boxes) I had were rife with 'em, and tons of the ribs and gates (I remember one axe haft that had a gate for every single turn on the leather strap binding). Almost felt like you had to carve the model out of resin yourself with a connect-the-dot guide. 

@Vykes

Ohhh that collection of Blood Angels made me drool a bit.

TITH I just went out and bought the Primaris Marine and Adeptus Mechanicus BattleForce boxes. They were both 25 dollars off the regular GW price, so I'm really glad I went into a brick and mortar store for once.

Edited by ShibeKing

Not too bad if that's a full chemical cure, mate.  heh, all good.  Oh I missed most of the failcast generation too, but the 30K command squad (Masters of the Chapter boxes) I had were rife with 'em, and tons of the ribs and gates (I remember one axe haft that had a gate for every single turn on the leather strap binding). Almost felt like you had to carve the model out of resin yourself with a connect-the-dot guide. 

Yeah! And now that it's been basically 13 hours, the piece is super solid. Hopefully I can fix the offending holes enough to use the piece. Maybe on the Kill-Team of marines based on people from my FLGS....

In other news, I'm now plugging away at the last piece of my Call of Chaos vow: A Knight Dominus Castellan for a friend, which is going to be an ally for his Thousand Sons. Gonna go with a pre-Heresy Gold, Candy Red and White detailing.

I got all the silver metal washed last night/this morning, and did a drybrush of Necron Compound on it, so all the silver is done. Now I have to paint everything that's going to be red gold. And there's a LOT of parts that need to be painted gold. Reminds me of my Custodes :laugh.:

Edit: Now with picture so you all can understand what I mean.

6Ibi9um.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Thanks a ton Shibaking. My Angels have gotten a little smaller lately as I've been deciding how I want to revamp them into something fun and new. Still don't know what that is, either. Maybe more Assault Marines and Anti-Grav. And it's still a fair bit smaller than my traitor-kin in the Sons of Horus.

You know, I have been eyeing that primaris box but haven't finished my Dark Imperium set yet. Hmmm, yep definitely a good deal there to snap it up under MSRP.

Nice work, Gederas! Man, gotta love the walking battleships (It shall ever haunt me that we can't take dual volcano lances or even rapid fire battlecannons to complete the effect. I just want 4 heavy stubbers, 3 twin siegebreakers, and 2 volcano sorts... is that so hard, GW, why can't we have the dakka-nought? Aaanyway, back on topic. I rather like the prep for it. Whatcha using for the candy coat? It's always really fun to see different experiences and watchng how it pans out. But it's look great! And I can't wait to see where ya go with the molding (for personal use, obviously). It's always cool to see that stuff come alive as it leads to some great possibilities in unique builds and conversions (especially using more easily malleable materials).

Well today in the hobby I finally put the nozzles on my mastodon to mark it out as 'complete', worked on my Sons of Horus Destroyers and Recon troopers, and snapped a few wonky photos of my Sons of Horus army... I've come to the conclusion it may be a bit big as it no longer reasonably fits on a kitchen table in its entiery.

gallery_107230_14721_30371.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_295536.jpg

That air group is even still light 1 Dreadclaw.

Yet here I am, thinking 'Do I need a Cerberus?' and plotting out how to 'fix' both legion forces.

Edited by Vykes

YITH - I finished assembling my Storm Guardians, a nice unit of 10* with a options of 2 of both special weapons 

* ok only 8 can be fielded at at time.....2 Chainswords, 4 Aeladri blades, 2 fusion guns, 2 flamers... 

TITH I finished painting my first Knight, and it's not even mine :laugh.:
E4CaX4S.jpg

This also means that I finished my Call of Chaos vow as well:

qcTJEID.jpg

EDIT:

And I finished the first member of the True Scale kill-team based off my friends:

Watch Sergeant Darren of the Guardians of the Covenant (named after my friend who, through a series of trades, just gave me a 3k+ army of Dark Angels)

2zEY92w.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Tis a good idea with the gater clips in the block, Warriorhunter. Nice. You know, I don't think I've seen anyone use Cataphractii legs for non-true scaled marines before. It's a cool look, honestly.

Liking the Dark Angel Gederas, and yeah that castellan is pretty fun, eh? Thousand sons, yeaaaah, they're fun. (Actually the GW red gem paint is pretty decent on gold for that metallic power armour look. I haven't a clue how it would work, or how much you'd need, on a knight. Kinda fun). And good job on the Call of Chaos vow completion! Veeery nice.

Slasher, Knightsword, Sarabando, RobWrath, can't wait to see some pictures you lot :P

Well, TiTH, I finished up the last few details on Russ and his mutts, so I'm done that. I put together a Skyshield and honoured Imperium and got them primed black, and worked up the majority of my Destroyer Squad for the Sons of Horus. Just extra bits and pieces (Okay, I totally emptied my bits box of anything remaning that was 'good') and now I've gotta figure out what colour to paint the helmet in the sergeant's grasp. Gotta also work on the gold a bit.

gallery_107230_14721_126283.jpg

Extra pic of Russ now that he's done.

gallery_107230_14721_252520.jpg

Liking the Dark Angel Gederas, and yeah that castellan is pretty fun, eh?  Thousand sons, yeaaaah, they're fun. (Actually the GW red gem paint is pretty decent on gold for that metallic power armour look.  I haven't a clue how it would work, or how much you'd need, on a knight.  Kinda fun).  And good job on the Call of Chaos vow completion!  Veeery nice.

Thanks! Though it's a Guardians of the Covenant, not a Dark Angel :tongue.: He preferred the GoC's look, and the fact that they're nowhere near as dickish as the Dark Angels

And I didn't think of using Spiritstone Red, but the issue is that at it being such a LARGE area needed, I was worried of it becoming super tacky. Might be something to think of in the future though.

Gederas, Warriorhunter, lookin' right good with them, dudes!  Heh, can't wait to see that kill team all done up Gederas, mate. 

RobWrath, the offering of blood to the blood god is mandatory on all modeling projects.  My Reavers have also claimed the same requirement, blood oaths must be made. 

In other interesting-ish news, I bought my first marine hero box and got mister plasma gun, so that's kinda fun and cool (I want mister tossing grenades at random but that's fine), and haggled real reaaaaal good.  I've got dibs on a friend's unfinished Heresy infantry army that he's bringing up by giving him the express guarantee that it'll be going towards building a brand new Luna Wolf army, a demi-company to start out and a full company in time.  So, now I need to figure out what I'm gonna do for a basing theme to compliment white.

Edited by Brother Tyler

RobWrath, the offering of blood to the blood god is mandatory on all modeling projects.  My Reavers have also claimed the same requirement, blood oaths must be made. 

In other interesting-ish news, I bought my first marine hero box and got mister plasma gun, so that's kinda fun and cool (I want mister tossing grenades at random but that's fine), and haggled real reaaaaal good.  I've got dibs on a friend's unfinished Heresy infantry army that he's bringing up by giving him the express guarantee that it'll be going towards building a brand new Luna Wolf army, a demi-company to start out and a full company in time.  So, now I need to figure out what I'm gonna do for a basing theme to compliment white.

Yes, there must be blood.

In other news, TITH I realised I spend too much time converting models and too little time painting them.

(Unpainted models on the left, painted models on the right).

Army

Edited by Brother Tyler