Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI tried to improve on my mini storage / organization.

I know moving is an inevitability sometime this year; so I bought several cheap-o scrapbooking boxes, couple metal sheets, and 720 6x2mm magnets.  I cut out the steel sheets with tinsnips and have started gluing magnets to all of my bases.  I don't think these scrapbooking cases are practical, as they are, for an Army case but for organizing my shelves and being able to be boxed up later I think they'll work out.

Plus it'll help with the dust problem my army(s) usually has from being stored in the open.

Some nice real work and project starts goin' on here.  

@Captain Artemis, got some pictures for us cap'n? Angels fan here myself of course. 

@Flameboy, dude the fleshtones are lookin' prime on him.  Proper healthy spikey elf boi, but those vials definitely clinch it.  They look right good mate.

@Kriegsmacht, there's a few pretty fun Iron Hands projects going' on right now. Stix and Iron Hands Fanatic (appropriately).  Hope we see some shots from your work too! 

@Mendi, good ol chaos boys.  I hate to admit I have way too many barrels I need to drill and they're juuuust insufferable after a while. Heh, that's dedication. 

@Reldn, hmm, I'll admit I'm curious about AT too but not a big enough player base.  So I'll probably hang out around the group for a bit and pick something up by osmosis. 

and Warriorhunter, dude.  Them narrative reports are great, and I know how much time they can take so seriously rockin' for doin 'em up!  I'll be sure to comment on 'em quick.  Juuuust been a bit busy with something related. 

So, Today in the Hobby, I finally finished a 3K narrative 30K battle report.  Still gotta sort out some stuff but it was both fun and exceptionally draining.  Oye. Gonna go pass out for a while, keyp?  Keyp. 

TITH I managed to put a really poor base coat on some bases with my air brush. Still learning the ins and outs of it but I'm getting a little better each time. I'm fortunate to have several friends across a few hobby groups that are experienced and I can send them pictures for pretty quick feedback on what I'm doing wrong.

Those bases are pretty awesome, WarriorHunter, it's a nice contrast between the more eggshell/bone patina with the warmer red tone and the cooler blue of the astartes. Personally I like it as it separates the two models well and with a bit of powder or oil I think it'd look killer.

Awesome work of Phisto McFisto there, Gederas! Always great to see them around.

Today in the Hobby, I worked up the majority of the layering on my Cthonian militia unit (Escher Gangers) so I just need bases and some details/layering.

gallery_107230_14721_162360.jpg

I also managed to put together 55 odd astartes for the Luna Wolf project, aaaand almost got convinced into starting that Lord of the Rings game :P

gallery_107230_14721_86081.jpg

Edited by Vykes

I’m fairly sure that counts as false advertising, Vykes, but I’m sure it was an accident... :P

It would have been more appropriate if the box was for the Riders of Rohan, I think. *nods*

TITHI did a little bit of cleanup on my Kromlech purchase (tracks are a nightmare to clean gate marks off of) and wrote an absolutely godawful piece of short fiction (less than 500 words, probably) based off of a short meditation about breathing I heard today. I’ll post it here, as it’s so short, but in all honestly you all might not even bother reading it. It’s horrible.

Breath of War

It is said that a Space Marine can go hours in a fight without their breathing being elevated beyond mild exertion, that their implants allow them to do so because of the Solis-Imperator’s bio-engineering. This is true, to an extent.

It is also horrendously false.

Space Marines, the Solis-Imperator’s Angels of Death, are indeed capable of keeping a slightly elevated breathing rate, if we want to. Our implants allow us to stay at full combat exertion and still not breathe any faster than you, reader, sitting and reading this dataslate.

I could slaughter a hundred of you and not even break a sweat. We are post-human, capable of feats that you could never hope to comprehend, let alone compete with.

We are also capable of unspeakable horror. In that same slaughter, I could let myself go. Ironclad discipline is what keeps us from letting our rage loose from its prison of our minds and faith. I could revel in the killing, and let my breath become screams of passion and hatred.

They soon become the screams of the Rift.

It is why we must have our discipline, why we must control our thoughts and actions and minds and our breathing.

Without it, we become monsters.

It is said that a Space Marine can go hours in a fight without their breathing being elevated beyond mild exertion.

A truer lie has never been spoken.

I’m fairly sure that counts as false advertising, Vykes, but I’m sure it was an accident... :tongue.:

It would have been more appropriate if the box was for the Riders of Rohan, I think. *nods*

Saying that they aren't part of the Riders of Rohan?  I'm so disillusioned :P  hey the short story piece isn't bad.  It kinda reminds me of some of those little excerpts from the 3E books --y'know, the ones they always put in big bold gothic lettering inside a cracked stone frame-- as memoirs and vox-thief transcripts to the Adeptus Biologis next to that green wireframe image of an astartes pointing to tiny wobbly fleshy bits somewhere inside the vague outline.  It's kinda cool. 

Man, gates on tracks sounds like a toooon of fun.  Like most of the blasted forgeworld tanks 

Very cool Gederas, looking at what bits you cut off I'm pretty curious how it's gonna all look in the end.  Can't wait to see, mate!  

Those bases are pretty awesome, WarriorHunter, it's a nice contrast between the more eggshell/bone patina with the warmer red tone and the cooler blue of the astartes. Personally I like it as it separates the two models well and with a bit of powder or oil I think it'd look killer.

Awesome work of Phisto McFisto there, Gederas! Always great to see them around.

Today in the Hobby, I worked up the majority of the layering on my Cthonian militia unit (Escher Gangers) so I just need bases and some details/layering.

gallery_107230_14721_162360.jpg

I also managed to put together 55 odd astartes for the Luna Wolf project, aaaand almost got convinced into starting that Lord of the Rings game :P

gallery_107230_14721_86081.jpg

That colour scheme is lovely! What did you use for the green if i may ask?

Sure thing, Maschinenpriester!  It's the same green I use on my Sons of Horus: Vallejo Light Green Blue with a highlight of Vallejo Pale Grey Blue, shaded with a very thin wash of green and black ink.  

While not essential, the weathering is just some sponged on Windsor and Newton Umber water-soluble oils that I streak down with water for some surface variation, then terracotta/brick weathering pigment.  

TITH I finally bought foam trays instead of <name unimportant thing here> and after sizing up the tanks and dudes realized one tray was 0.5 inches too short :wallbash:

Oh, an putting an antennae on a tank in 40K is dumb … if you want to pack it in a travel case of some sort … if the tank is a Land Raider :facepalm: