Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

I thought this was funny enough to be shared.

Lately I've been thinking of painting my primaris as Imperial Fists starting from the upcoming Vanguard models. Today when I arrived at school and went to my workplace, I found what appears to be 3d printed Imperial Fists symbol on my computer's keyboard. I guess it's a sign from universe (or the Emperor) that I should paint my models yellow. :biggrin.:

1RPfbdI.jpg

In the last week in the hobby I learned to appreciate the miraculous powers of blue tac.

Never used it before. But... this makes so many things so much easier. Incredible...

Almost like it became my little assistant "Hold this for me..."

TITHI finished off building the last 5-man Intercessor Squad.

Now just wait for a delivery of Brass Etch Runes, so i can use them as Squad markings. (Easier than freehanding them, look more consistant and the costs are almost none existant compared to other Hobby costs)

TITHI finally was able to order the FW Index collection. That thing always seemed to be in stock when I didn't have money to do a FW order, and out of stock when I did :lol:

Oh yeah, there was also some stuff for my World Eaters in it that order, but yeah :lol:

TiTHI Continued work on my second Onager Dunecrawler. I wrote down how I painted the gold on the first one and upon repeating the instructions the colour ended up wrong, so I just decided to use different paints (since my Auric Armour and Liberator gold paints are horrible to work with).

IMG 20190215 193215

Participated in my first tournament today. Nothing too serious, more of a 'just for fun' event organised by the local GW store. I was basically the groups whipping boy (vindicators and forgefiends SUCK) but it was still a load of fun, an I'm only just getting into actually playing 40k, so I was already expecting such a result :D

R(recently)ITH I sorted out a few things I've been pondering on/over.

•Ordered copies of FWs books 4&6 as I want the hardback collection

•Scored the limited Traitor Librarian who I'm going to convert up to a Caster of the Runes

•Worked out for my Tartaros Praetor that I want him with a spear (Paragon Blade) from Conversion World, a Combi Bolter arm and a Phoenix Spear empty arm/hand. Going to mount his Combi-weapon to a Servo arm (probably from one of the GW/FW range to keep it a higher percentage "official"

Evidently I've had a Defiler sitting in my massive pile of sprues for who knows how long... Figured I'd put it together. It isn't much, but I've not been able to hobby lately. It's a start.

And yes, that is the white/light grey plastic Chaos Vehicle Accessories bits... I've had those sprues that long. Decided I should finally use them. Talk about old school. 

TSMLpdi.jpg

jpsgvPu.jpg

jPx4vMb.jpg

Yes, I know its a Daemon Engine and doesnt need a crew, but I couldnt figure out how to give it a combi-bolter otherwise. I was missing the head piece anyway, and no way to add a mask. I like the idea of this one lone Marine fused to his hatch.  

TITH I acquired a small Harlequin force of 18 troupes, a Death Jester, 2 Skyweavers and a starweaver along with Eldrad Ulthrad all on bases but not primed or painted. The vehicles need some tlc and one of the troupe needs an arm. All for £80 on gumtree. Oh and an old citadel case was thrown in for free. So it’ll be the start of a different army once I’ve finished painting a few more units for my Ultramarines.

TITH I played a 1500 pt Cities of Death match.  Which really was a 674 pt v 1500 pt match as my Black Templar Vanguard Detachment held off and fought the entire Deathguard force for four turns while the Crimson Fists just advanced up the board and captured objectives.  On the last two turns one Intercessor squad hunkering down on the middleish point took some pot shots at a Lord of Contagion that the Slam-fieldcommander hadn't gotten around to murderlating yet; but that was the CF only real contribution to the whole game.  My opponent Deepstruck units onto his own side of the board to fight my Vanguard vets and Termies rather than contest the rest of the board.

Yesterday and today I painted up a titanicus warlord and an arkonaught ironclad. I'm trying to clear a backlog so I can purchase the new primaris vanguard in a couple of weeks! Still got a squad of intercessors to build and paint and the clock is ticking to the release!

TITHI went for a walk in the city I’m visiting and came across a gaming club that retails wahammer.

Bought a series one hero (sgt sevastus) and a heavy destroyer from the ‘painted and ready to sell’ cabinet

Ofc, he’s gonna get a bath, but 8 euro for a singleton heavy destroyer ain’t bad, yo.

Yesterday, I played my first game with the genestealer cult (800 point patrol detachments versus Grey Knights).

My patriarch was a beast - biomorph adaptation and might from beyond for 8 strength 8 attacks. He ripped a squad of Grey Knight terminators to pieces in a single turn (killing four and wounding the justicar), and later on used mental onslaught to finish off Castellan Crowe.

Lost it by a point, but a fun game, and I'm looking forward to getting a few CPs to play around with all the stratagems.