Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

My copy of Shadowspear came in! The box is a bit beaten up because the postal service is terrible in Colorado apparently. A quick look of the contents makes it look like everything is ok, but I'm still pretty peeved since I enjoy the collection of boxes I have now and would have been happy if it weren't damaged.

Now I just need to find a way to build and paint in my new studio apt...

IMG 2737 2

Today I got my set of Space Marine Heroes Series 2. All 7 of them. Looks pretty next to my other red plastic terminators.

IMG 2739

I also got the complete set of 13 Space Marine Heroes Series 1! These models are fantastic. I plan on doing some conversions and making half deathwatch, half my own marine chapter.

IMG 2738

As far as hobbywork, this weekend I've been working on some Mk IV power armor. Here are 66 sets of legs and torsos that have been trimmed, filed, and glued. Ready for spraying primer. I'm working on a new marine army that will be all infantry plus bikes and dreads. Only armor Mark II - VI. I have 5 Mark II, 15 Mark III, 66 Mark IV, 5 Mark V, and 30 Mark VI. Mark VII and VIII are reserved for the deathwatch. My biggest problem now is finding more Mark VI torsos and shoulder pads from the tactical squad set.

Strictly not today, but on Sunday me and my youngest daughter did the painting tutorial at the local GW with a couple of poxwalkers (we only got as far as holding the brush, applying the paint and a wash - but frankly all you need for poxwalkers). Edit - and a pretty decent rust effect with browns, oranges, metal and a sponge!

We then followed up yesterday with another couple of poxwalkers. Miffed I take double as long to paint and mine don't look double as good at the end!

Hopefully in a few weeks they'll all be done (Dark Imperium poxwalkers + ones from one the smaller boxes) and we can then go back to GW for a bit of a lesson on plague marines, highlights and basing.

Well impressed with my local GW. It was dead under the last two managers and it's full whenever I go now with a huge focus on hobby.

Hopefully post some pics in the future. Just pleased I have a budding young hobbyist to nurture.

Edited by Rob P

TiTHI I met an old friend to compare the Sylvaneth treeman that we both painted separately which turned out a lot of fun. My current project sees me returning to the Meganobs I postponed last year. They are at the stage where I don't know if they will turn out okay yet. I'll break out some extra colours before they are worthy of a wip photo.

I subscribed to Conquest after someone at work pointed out there was an ad for it showing on TV, and that clued me in that it was available here now.

Faintly proud of the fact that my personal brand is strong enough that people point out Warhammer things to me at work . . .

Edited by Ascanius

TITHI performed tank surgery on a whim.

Don't ask.

Please.

.... One can not leave a statement like that unqualified.  Spill it Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, mate, what acts hath thou performed?  Would Fabulous Bill approve? 

As for me, TiTH, I gawked at the price of display Sanguinius, and put down gloss varnish for inking a Dark Imperium Primaris set of Blood Angels, Leviathan, 5 Destroyers, 10 Sons of Horus Assault Marines, 1 contemptor dreadnought, Alpharius, and a Cataphractii character.  

TITHI picked up the first Gotrek & Felix omnibus at the other local Barnes & Noble (now I have both omnibus), and on the way back picked up Ezekiel and Azrael that I ordered at my local GW, and put a base coat of black on 9 of the Hellblasters I need to finish

TITH I played a great 2K match against a mate of mine, Sons of Horus/Black Legion and Alpha Legion, vs. Space Wolves and Ultramarines.

It ended in a tie, with Pallus and Kantaar the Unbowed with squad Arras cornering the Bear of Mehras after the Alpha Legion drew him in.

gallery_107230_14721_397530.jpg

TITH I started on my Vanguard Battalion of Raptors Astartes.  They seem to be the ideal chapter for the sort of warfare and operations suited to Phobos armor and abilities.  I plan to have 3 squads each of Infiltrators and Eliminators, 2 squads of Reivers, a Librarian and a Captain.  Right around 1500 points.