Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Guest MistaGav

Managed to spray paint my Dark Talon, Xiphon, Fire Raptor and Storm Raven ready for the next phase of painting. I could work on doing the bases today but I might leave it until tomorrow. I'm also annoyed because I dropped the Xiphon and chipped one of the wings badly and I can't find the piece anywhere to reattach it.

My Word Bearers project has started losing momentum. I want to blame hobby ADHD over the new Slaanesh line, but I've been on and off about starting a mono daemon army for a while and since Slaanesh doesn't see the table as much I've always wanted to start them more than the other gods (plus who doesn't like having an army so fast it can threaten bike armies in speed?).

My only lament is that there are too many good character options now.

I know that feeling. I could easily fill 1k with just characters now lol

Rapturess, Syll’Esske, and the Mirror, I feel like.could end up in most lists. Toss in a Keeper of Secrets (I'm thinking of the Shield, Soulraker relic, casting Delightful Agonies on it for an additional save, and the Murderdance WT for extra attacks on the sword) and you have a robust HQ section.

I'm also starting to see why they tool our chariot mounted Herald options away, though I wish the chariots could still be run as Has just for a Spearhead of murderplows to be an option.

Rapturess, Syll’Esske, and the Mirror, I feel like.could end up in most lists. Toss in a Keeper of Secrets (I'm thinking of the Shield, Soulraker relic, casting Delightful Agonies on it for an additional save, and the Murderdance WT for extra attacks on the sword) and you have a robust HQ section.

I'm also starting to see why they tool our chariot mounted Herald options away, though I wish the chariots could still be run as Has just for a Spearhead of murderplows to be an option.

Eh in AoS the chariot Heralds are still there and got even fancy names on their Datasheets. It's just 40k that's weird. ^^

Eh in AoS the chariot Heralds are still there and got even fancy names on their Datasheets. It's just 40k that's weird. ^^

40k is always weird.

The option is still there in the index for some reason but I don't trust those options to stay legal or balanced.

TITH, I put together 20 breachers, scrubbed down Horus Lupercal #2, clipped Abby, primed some heavy armour and extra sergeants: all in the lead up to ETL and a new 30K escalation league that's starting up.  Went to order some Alpha legion transfers and umbra pattern bolters from FW but oh surprise surprise, all out of stock and they pretended not to know what my Umbra were.... FFFFFFFOOOORGEWORLD!!

Now just out to teach another new player some Kill Team.  

Today I started work on the Culexus Assassin I bought recently. I am experimenting by using mainly Scale 75 paints on it. I've been using their metallic paints for a while, but mixing flat black, Graphene Grey and white are just gorgeous. Graphene grey is slightly darker than Dark Reaper and a bit less saturated. It creates a pleasing blue/grey for a bodysuit. I'm struggling to get convincing highlights on the forearms and a few other areas so I might have to look for reference photos. I also think I glued the head to the collar an the faceplate incorrectly so the paint is good, it's just my painting and gluing skills that are letting it down! :p

TITHI Worked on some more mechanicus stuff, added up all the total so far points wise (just over 1600 pts), painted a rhino for my Band of Bezerkers army, finished abaddon and most of a master of executions (again for my B'o'B' army) also ordered some chaos havoc's and shadowspear

NITHI Try to decide which to paint some of the older bezerkers in my collection or some tartaros termies

Edited by treadhead

Guest MistaGav

I was planning on just base coating my primaris suppressors and xiphon but turns out I got them all basecoasted, shaded and highlighted too in one day as well as base coating my flying bases.

Today I'll finish painting the bases and then get most of the xiphon done for now.

YITH I have built ten Poxwalkers for Necromunda (with "correct" bases), and also started a Plog for the Chaos Cult they will form. I hope to get some more done today, and might finish the Plagueburst Crawler as well.

Today in the hobby: I recieved an order.....:dry.:  shame it wasn't my order (they mixed my order with someone else's). So starting with the greenstuff will have to wait untill i get my supplies.

TITH I have theoretically figured out how I'm going to do camo cloaks for my Spectral Sicarii. Currently working on trying to get a couple scout snipers to test it out on before I commit to doing it on my shadowspear units.

So if anyone has some scouts snipers they don't want and you'd like to send them my way let me know :teehee:

TiTHI finished my Culexus Assassin. Technically I managed to finish it yesterday but I've been tweaking the base a tiny bit today.

I haven't managed to get a photo I am happy with but I did successfully capture a video of the model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94n4ODcpD4E

You should be able to turn the video up to 1080p to get a better view. It decided to play it back in 720p the first time I tried so you might need to look into that.

Does anyone here know of any good video editing software? I don't really know anything about that sort of thing but removing the yellowish tone produced by my lights would be great.

Edited by Magos Takatus