Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the Hobby, I partook in a 1750 tournament at my FLGS. Came in 3rd of 6 with 2 wins 1 loss, and the one loss was a narrow one (1 Victory Point because the mission auto-favored my opponent because he had no Heavy Support units, whereas I had two :laugh.:). Had a lot of fun though

Edited by Gederas

Today in the hobby, I managed to get over my painter's block and start working on my gaming terrain again (Sector Fronteris/Ryza Ruins stuff) - all the base colors should be done, but need a drybrush highlight of some turquoise on the 'interior' sides of what I'm working on, then it's on to the metallics!

Posted here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/224143-angels-wolves-now-with-xenos-fronteris-terrain-wip/?p=5316748

Today in the hobby (well yesterday) I managed to replicate the cross with skull on the metal bt shoulder pad with my gs press mould. This implies i don't have to try and freehand crosses on my terminators anymore (maybe to be featured in the etl this year)

Man hat looks so gross... great job!

TITH I got the torso and shoulders mostly done on my contemptor.

HFziRcUh.jpg

Thanks! I a big fan of the creepy horror side of Slaanesh so I'm glad it came out well.

And nice looking 'naught!

Edited by Fulkes

TITH I finished my Mortis Contemptor. First non-infantry unit and I'm super stoked to have another AT unit that I can field now. My devastators really needed the support.

8UpsOlVh.jpg

Also robofish7591 that looks great, and I love that blade. I've been trying to figure out the shape for a knife that I want to be my chapter's symbol and I love that. I'm going to scale it down and get it put onto some transfers.

TITH I stripped some Goliaths to repaint (did them pretty badly)

Edit: Couldn't prime the Shadowspear guys because I was out for a majority of the day, and now it's torrential downpouring. God I love New England weather.

Edited by Gederas

I finished building my unit of 10 Daemonettes, and put the Herald I made out of extra parts from the Hellflayer kit onto temp bases so I can paint them easier. Priming will come later today, and I'll be (hopefully) finishing building the Hellflayer sub-assemblies today. Painting the Daemonettes starts tomorrow.

I based and washed 12 Daemonette (one is a Herald made from extra Hellflayer bits amd the other is a Hellflayer charioteer) models and are waiting for them to dry now.

jYaMJpS.jpg

TITH I got a new job so I treated myself to some conversion bits :) Decided to go with Skitarii ranger heads for my scouts that I'm working on.

The Ranger heads are quite nice, but I am a little more fond of the Vanguard head for conversions.

TITH I got a new job so I treated myself to some conversion bits :smile.: Decided to go with Skitarii ranger heads for my scouts that I'm working on.

The Ranger heads are quite nice, but I am a little more fond of the Vanguard head for conversions.

I'm going to be making camo cloaks for these guys with greenstuff and I wanted the hooded heads for that. I plan on clipping off a lot of the gribbly bits so they look less mechanical and more human. The vanguard heads are nice but look a little too mechanical for me, I think the ranger heads will fit better with the look I'm trying to achieve.

TITH I got a new job so I treated myself to some conversion bits :smile.: Decided to go with Skitarii ranger heads for my scouts that I'm working on.

I'm going to be making camo cloaks for these guys with greenstuff and I wanted the hooded heads for that. I plan on clipping off a lot of the gribbly bits so they look less mechanical and more human. The vanguard heads are nice but look a little too mechanical for me, I think the ranger heads will fit better with the look I'm trying to achieve.

Fair point. I think there are some elf heads with hoods worth considering too, but only if you want a less techy look for their heads.

TITH I stripped some Goliaths to repaint (did them pretty badly)

Edit: Couldn't prime the Shadowspear guys because I was out for a majority of the day, and now it's torrential downpouring. God I love New England weather.

Meanwhile, England hasn't had rain for like 2 weeks