Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I finished building five Fallen, and to change pace a bit started building ten Plaguebearers.

TITH I got a new job so I treated myself to some conversion bits :smile.: Decided to go with Skitarii ranger heads for my scouts that I'm working on.

Congratulations to the new job, good news! :thumbsup:

I did some painting on my daemonettes and watched some painting vids on using loaded brush for blending. Between studying new tricks and painting I ran out of steam faster than I expected today.

The Day before YITH I started to work with some greenstuff, after more than ten years of not touching it.

I was never any good with it, but I also never had proper tools for it - I do now, which already helps a lot.

I played with it for a long while, trying out different things and then made a sample of icetroll/salamander skin and a double sample of fur (one with a sculpting tool, one with a cutter knife)

(( https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxu7kQbIwr4/?igshid=1c97th55pnbu9 ))

YITHI worked a little more with greenstuff, adding some minor details on my Ancient Banner Bearer

After a while I got the fur to look good enough for my taste. I just hope it'll look okay once painted.

(( https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxwXQToh-C/?igshid=rdt3rqse3ghh ))

I went on a small shopping spree for brushes, brush cleaner, matte medium, slo-dri, a pack of pallets for keeping thinned paints on now, a pot of Abbadon black and a pot of White Scar for NMM practice, and a Freeguild General kit to practice with since it has a lot of room for me to play with blending and the like.

TiTHI have been painting some Drukhari Scourges that have been kicking around in the cupboard since they were Dark Eldar Scourges. Considering the bright colour scheme I have used on them, calling them Dark Eldar seems a bit misleading. They were a squad that I bought for an old Kill Team. I'm a little sad that they won't be able to form a Kill Team now if I got them finished. They would have been fantastic for kiting the opposition. I'm finding that the current highlight of the armour is applying a tiny fraction of the paint from the previous edge highlight but is taking far longer.

I'm not getting fed up with it though, I'm just painting something while I wait for ETL to arrive. Keeping those painting muscles trained. :)

YITHI pinted a couple of my Crimson Watchers and managed to get a progress shot of the entire army as it stands now minus any of the classic marines;

army_shot_by_lpjgpr_dd7k3be-fullview.jpg

TITHI ordered some needed bits for an Indomitus terminator squad for my 30k collection, hopefully so I can get them vowed and ready for ETL. Just need to source one of those pivoting links for a lascannon sponson for my land raider to go with them as well.

TITH I received a good-size package of paints from Warcolours, located in Cyprus. Decided to buy their Nostalgia 88 range, figured it would be a pretty good jumping off point getting back into painting after some years away from the paint desk. The techniques are starting to come back to me.

gallery_78067_12186_28966.png

Just one arm for now, but baby steps after... two, three years not painting? Hopefully it'll look better after I complete the model and go through the weathering stage.

Last night I did some NMM practice. It's a decent tabletop standard for the first time for me, but I feel like it needs quite a ways to go before I really start hitting the quality I want.

uRARZ3R.jpg

TAdLdEM.jpg

I admit that my personal standards for myself are pretty high so I am a bit of an idiot who only just realized that I have a bad habit of doing character level work when army painting. So I am learning ways to make that work better for me so I can actually finish my army projects.

TITHI ended up having to order a sprue kit for a Baneblade as I can't source the parts for a land raider's sponson. The Baneblade/Stormblade I'll be priming up when I have all the parts will be a worthy vow for this year's ETL.

Tonight in the hobby i got an idea for another objective marker (going for a tomb vibe for this one, since i've been listening to iron maiden - fear in the dark when i got this idea)

Edited by Baron Sebas

TITH I put together a 10 man reiver squad in preparation for ETL, giving me those, 10 Sternguard, 10 Intercessors and a Contemptor prepared. Gonna try to use the ETL to actually get painting more regulary and I think having a goal will help with that.

This weekend in the hobby:

1) I got the PuppetsWar helmets I needed and finished my Deathwatch Street Judges - these were the standard Marine type but soon I'm going to do a squad of Deathwatch Reiver Judges as I think they'll look more proper (and the Heavy Bolt Pistol with special ammo is probably most like a Lawgiver anyhow).

2) I finished painting three Custodian Guards with sentinel Blades and Storm Shields for Kill Team - I've got two with Guardian Spears in progress.  Next I plan to assemble a third with a Spear and an Allarus Terminator to have all my options open.

3) I'm nearly finished with my last four Blockers for my Dwarf Blood Bowl Team, the Fort Tyr Miners.  Soon they will be able to grace the field at the TundraDome in full regalia.

I'm pleased that since the beginning of last month, I've completed nearly 20 models - usually takes me a lot longer.  I'd get even more done if my eyes didn't tire so quickly.

I started painting my first squad of Wayward Sons. For those who haven't seen my thread on it, the Wayward Sons of Asromiamun are a renegade warband of the Thousand Sons who work against Chaos and fight alongside the Imperium. Did an undercoat of Reaper 09054 Polished Silver, then layered with a semirandom (eyeballed until it looks good) mix of Mephiston Red, Balthasar Gold and the same silver for a shiny, metallic red. Haven't progressed further. I'm also painting an old resin Ahriman in the same colors.

TITH I continued my work on the shoulder of my imperial knight. I also came to the terrifying realisation that i will have to start a GSC project, because my objective marker (and got some idea's for some more objective markers) scream GSC. I'm also cranking out some really awesome bases with those greenstuffworld rollers.