Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
8061 replies to this topic

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

TITH I finished building five Fallen, and to change pace a bit started building ten Plaguebearers.

TITH I got a new job so I treated myself to some conversion bits smile.png Decided to go with Skitarii ranger heads for my scouts that I'm working on.

Congratulations to the new job, good news! thumbsup.gif

Baron Sebas

Baron Sebas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts
  • Faction: Crons, Admech, Dark Angels

TITH i came up with the first idea for an objective marker. (to practice my greenstuff skills)

• Fulkes likes this

Dark angels | Necrons (w.i.p.) | Adeptus Mechanicus (w.i.P)

ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_NecronETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 697 posts
TITH I finished my Fulgurite Electro-Priests that have been hanging around for a couple of months. Also made some good progress with Cawl.
  • Magos Takatus and Fulkes like this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,495 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons
I did some painting on my daemonettes and watched some painting vids on using loaded brush for blending. Between studying new tricks and painting I ran out of steam faster than I expected today.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 977 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
The Day before YITH I started to work with some greenstuff, after more than ten years of not touching it.
I was never any good with it, but I also never had proper tools for it - I do now, which already helps a lot.
I played with it for a long while, trying out different things and then made a sample of icetroll/salamander skin and a double sample of fur (one with a sculpting tool, one with a cutter knife)
(( https://www.instagra...d=1c97th55pnbu9 ))

YITHI worked a little more with greenstuff, adding some minor details on my Ancient Banner Bearer
After a while I got the fur to look good enough for my taste. I just hope it'll look okay once painted.

(( https://www.instagra...id=rdt3rqse3ghh ))
  • Fulkes likes this
When the Pack runs once again, worlds tremble, enemies die and the Hunt begins!

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

DBadger

DBadger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 205 posts
Snapped up Imperial Armour 3 for a tenner.
  • Stoic Raptor, Fulkes and thewarriorhunter like this

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

TITH I finished building ten Plaguebearers and started building more Fallen. Also: a new Plog post!

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,747 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

TITH I made a camo cloak. It needs to be cleaned up and shortened but overall I think it's good for a first attempt.

GVtdxV8h.jpg

• Fulkes and Vykes like this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,495 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons
I went on a small shopping spree for brushes, brush cleaner, matte medium, slo-dri, a pack of pallets for keeping thinned paints on now, a pot of Abbadon black and a pot of White Scar for NMM practice, and a Freeguild General kit to practice with since it has a lot of room for me to play with blending and the like.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts

TiTHI have been painting some Drukhari Scourges that have been kicking around in the cupboard since they were Dark Eldar Scourges. Considering the bright colour scheme I have used on them, calling them Dark Eldar seems a bit misleading. They were a squad that I bought for an old Kill Team. I'm a little sad that they won't be able to form a Kill Team now if I got them finished. They would have been fantastic for kiting the opposition. I'm finding that the current highlight of the armour is applying a tiny fraction of the paint from the previous edge highlight but is taking far longer.

I'm not getting fed up with it though, I'm just painting something while I wait for ETL to arrive. Keeping those painting muscles trained. :)

• Fulkes likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! :)

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

Viridia

Viridia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 636 posts
  • Faction: See sig.

YITHI pinted a couple of my Crimson Watchers and managed to get a progress shot of the entire army as it stands now minus any of the classic marines;

army_shot_by_lpjgpr_dd7k3be-fullview.jpg

TITHI ordered some needed bits for an Indomitus terminator squad for my 30k collection, hopefully so I can get them vowed and ready for ETL. Just need to source one of those pivoting links for a lascannon sponson for my land raider to go with them as well.

• sfPanzer and Vykes like this

Defenders of the Emperor - Imperial Fists XXVII Cohors 'Belligeri'
The Usurper's Horde - Night Lords 183rd Wing, 'The Corpseclaimers'
Armies of the Astartes - The Crimson Watchers
Followers of the True Gods - The Infernal Carnival

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_AOD.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpg

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,447 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

TITH I received a good-size package of paints from Warcolours, located in Cyprus. Decided to buy their Nostalgia 88 range, figured it would be a pretty good jumping off point getting back into painting after some years away from the paint desk. The techniques are starting to come back to me.

gallery_78067_12186_28966.png

Just one arm for now, but baby steps after... two, three years not painting? Hopefully it'll look better after I complete the model and go through the weathering stage.

• Vykes likes this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.

For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.

For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users