Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I finally repaired my Foetid Bloat-Drone. Anyone who owns one of these things (and owned one back when they had no clue how to take care of their models) understands how fragile they are. It also finally clicked what kind of unit Bloat-Drones are; I picked up a Dark Vengeance Helbrute and slapped a heavy flamer onto it pretty early on, before I figured out how to use a Bloat-Drone, so I never really learned the Bloat-Drone as a unit. Now I get that it's a quick-assault short-range unit which is not really for melee, because flamers but no great melee capability. Good for clearing hordes, less and less good the stronger of a unit it's put up against.

Edit: literally seconds after posting, I dropped my Bloat-Drone and the same plaguespitter I had just glued back on a few hours prior broke off again with a painful crunch of glue breaking.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

TITHI did these two today:

M80A1W3.jpg

All the details meant quite some work, but I love how these two turned out.

Blood Angels Red on Mechanicum Standard Grey gave the right one a really nice dark reddish brown apron. While unintentional, I like it.

And it must be fate that the skull on his back has a big VI carved into its forehead.

Here have some pics of their backsides aswell (...and to see their quite ancient special weapon)

http://imgur.com/gallery/b444xvr

Oh, also i got my Feldherr Delivery - so i got two nice storage boxes for my models now (in addition to one of their heavy duty travel boxes)

TITH I got Phil Kelly to answer a question I had on Twitter:

@philkellywords any room in the Primaris lore for a survivor of the Iron Cage?

I got the idea looking at the Forge World transfers (since they're the only Imperial Fist markings currently available) but I like to stick to lore plausible stuff with this kind of thing.

Hey, so since Marneus crossed the Rubicon Primaris in the war for Vigilus there have been several incidences of Astartes veterans undergoing the (risky and possibly lethal) procedures to become Primaris for various reasons - so it’s possible, yes

So yeah, I now have a flimsy excuse to have a Primaris Captain who fought with Dorn during the Heresy, saw the Emperor in person and is crusading with the fury of a Black Templar to find his lost Primarch.

In less exciting news I feel like I'm stalling out on Guilliman. Maybe it's work (I do average 40+ hours of retail each week), maybe it's something regarding the execution that isn't lining up but I can't put my finger on. I have a long way to go to become a top level painter so the list of things I don't know is actually rather lengthy.

So yeah, Guilliman may not make Everchosen at this rate, so I may step back and drop the NMM and go with True Metallic Metals. I have a better handle on that after all.

TITH I got Phil Kelly to answer a question I had on Twitter:

@philkellywords any room in the Primaris lore for a survivor of the Iron Cage?

I got the idea looking at the Forge World transfers (since they're the only Imperial Fist markings currently available) but I like to stick to lore plausible stuff with this kind of thing.

Hey, so since Marneus crossed the Rubicon Primaris in the war for Vigilus there have been several incidences of Astartes veterans undergoing the (risky and possibly lethal) procedures to become Primaris for various reasons - so it’s possible, yes

So yeah, I now have a flimsy excuse to have a Primaris Captain who fought with Dorn during the Heresy, saw the Emperor in person and is crusading with the fury of a Black Templar to find his lost Primarch.

Ooooh, that is interesting. Veeeeeeeery interesting.....

So you CAN have Primaris models who crossed it. So I CAN have a Primaris Chapter Master. I was unsure if it was just Calgar or anyone could do it.

There are a few more examples by now - I'll put them in spoilers just to be safe:

1. There is a Short story in which, at its end, it is revealed that the whole story is a vision/dream Uriel ventris has/experiences while lying in coma after his Rubicon Primaris Operation.

2. To make this a tiny bit less of a spoiler:

One of the main Characters in the Emperor's Spears Novel undergoes the Rubicon Primaris procedure during the novel. In full detail. Absolutely noteworthy and awesome stuff.

3. The already previewed new Model of a Primaris Iron Hands Forgefather seems to be "Ferox" (spelling?)

Yeah,there is definitely a push in the lore to muddy the waters between the old and the new. Thanks to Captain Felix in Guilliman's first 40k novel we all know some of the Primaris hace memories of the old Imperium being taken in by Cawl at the end of the Heresy.

Basically, I was thinking that some of the Primaris could be both: Marines that Cawl had used to work on the transition from a "normal" Astartes to Primaris but still had memories of the old Imperium kicking about too. Using that as a premise gave me a jumping off point involving the Iron Cage since it was lilely a good way for Cawl to gain new test subjects who were presumed dead or lost.

Edited by Fulkes

I'm always happy to see and hear about Titans, WarriorHunter.  Even Teenie Titans.  (still keep thinking about getting involved in Titanicus but it's hard to find a scene and it's a big enough jump). 

As for me, TITH I found out that somehow I've accumulated 50 genestealer cultists that I never put together.  So I decided to assemble ten, sans heads, just to see if I liked them enough to spring for a new project.  Turns out Genecultists are a ton of fun.  So I ordered a bunch of Anvil Industries void trooper heads and some extra hand gestures and bionics, gonna be making myself a void-clade allied force for my Sons of Horus.  

I also got stuck and then maaaaybe figured out what to do with 3 scimitar jetbikes and 1 javelin that were teetering between Sons of Horus, Luna Wolves, and Alpha Legion.  Luna Wolves are looking promising as I can use them as loyalists and actually use scimitars as attack bikes and javelin as, well, a javelin.  

TITH (starting yesterday and going to the time of this post) I've picked up tge first 23 Vallejo paints for my Imperial Fists (I honestly may need more, I honestly don't know yet), and I built the Infiltrators, Captain, Librarian and Lieutenant from the Shadowspear box. I admitidly didn't make life easy for myself by attaching all the arms, but even if I paint each model one at a time I don't want to fight to pair up arms later and would rather make painting a couple sections a little harder on myself.

Whenever I come out of my coma tomorrow I'm going to finish the last six models and start using some old Primaris kit stuff to start doing color tests. The plan right now is to do a warm yellos by undershading the shadows of the model in red instead of brown, but I may switch to something like an ochre if red too strong on it's own. If the red works it'll give the shadows a warm orange look instead of a duller yellow-brown.

I've also startes to plan this project and to put it simply: there are going to be a lot of Primaris in my future. By the time I finish I'm going to have done a lot of painting with NMM and weathering (as well as skin and yellow). How many Primaris exactly? Somewhere around at least a company minimum, but more likely to push towards a full chapter since I want to put an insane number of Marines on the table for Apoc.

Edited by Fulkes

I'm always happy to see and hear about Titans, WarriorHunter.  Even Teenie Titans.  (still keep thinking about getting involved in Titanicus but it's hard to find a scene and it's a big enough jump). 

It is a big jump. There's only a few people playing around me, but I like them and it's a really fun game. It also gives me a break from just painting marines which I like.

TITH (starting yesterday and going to the time of this post) I've picked up tge first 23 Vallejo paints for my Imperial Fists (I honestly may need more, I honestly don't know yet).

I love Vallejo paints. I've used them almost exclusively since I got into the hobby and really like them.