Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH, I purchased a Finecast Lictor and a pack of Hormagaunts brand-new from my FLGS. My boi Tony (who, as a counterpoint, is That Guy who Ignores Errata) up and gave me his old-school Broodlord, without me asking. So I have 200 points of 'Nids. I'm painting them up in Kraken colors, then adding some kinda splinter fleet markings; I can paint all but one, who is getting an albino sort of paint scheme later on when I get some white Contrast and pale blue.

Well, that was nice of him. Which changes me original thought of "hit him with the rulebook" in response to your thread about how to deal with him :laugh.:

Anyways, TITHI started working on my Knight for my ETL Vow. Gonna try and get more of it done before I get some sleep in, since I've got at least three and a half hours until then :laugh.:

Ay, he's a nice enough dude, he just does that one thing which irks me.

Last night I did a quick test model using the Crusaders chapter paint scheme:

jHdwrhP.png

jN9cZvd.png

So yeah, despite how quick this was, it works pretty darn well and didn't get too crazy on paint colors (the armour only uses 5 and with thinner glaze coats and a zenithal it'll likely pop even more).

Now to work on making candles, adding green stuff sculpting to models and buying Grey Knight kits to cannibalize...

TITHI finally picked up my green stuff, hopefully to crack on with this last vow over the next couple of days, as well as a box of Scourges and a Dark Elf sorceress to use for converting a Inquisimunda corsair warband. YITHI also finished reading Titandeath, now to crack on with Slaves to Darkness and The Solar War.

EDIT; TITHI found the green stuff I thought I'd accidentally thrown away on my cutting board. Feeling like an absolute grot at the moment. :down:

Edited by Viridia

TITH i assembled a Dawneagle Jetbike... damn those are nice models. Perfect fit. Such a beautiful design.

...so many possibilities.

Emperor may have mercy on me and my project!

I've been spending again :sweat:

Codex Ultramarines and Codex Space Marines 8th, so now I have every Codex Space Marines book... except they just released a new one, didn't they.

Sentinels of Terra because it looks nice.

Warzone Fenris: Wrath of Magnus, the two book box set.

Warzone Damocles: Mont'ka, again two book box set, which meets Kauyon that I recently bought.

Now I need to stop...

...started practicing loaded brush blending while saving if I want to take a break from painting Marines to work on some Dark Mechanicus stuff.

MVbBoxT.jpg

If your camera has problems focussing try taking the picture from further away. You can always crop it later on.

If your camera has problems focussing try taking the picture from further away. You can always crop it later on.

I do take pictures from further away. Problem is I take pictures with my phone and can't always see the problem until after I drop things since it looks in focus before cropping. Edited by Fulkes

Well, today in the hobby I finished up the major oil-related portion of my ETL Alpha legion platoon vow, was watching my fun little show... dropped the sicaran I was working on, stepped on a sharpened 6 cm piece of paperclip used for pinning, and had my favourite OTP crushed in the final minute of a series finally within the span of 35 seconds. Okay, the last one's not hobby related, but it's still contributing to this all, too.

REJOICE FRATERS, FOR I FEEL THE BITE OF THE NAILS!

When I fix the Sicaran, IE wash off and let it dry, touch up any chipped paint, then it shall be shown... Contrast paint is still paint and aethermatic is a nice shade.

But, they don't take weathering powder as nicely as I'd like. So more oil and powder I think.

gallery_107230_14721_111194.jpg

Edited by Vykes

It took about five times to get it how I wanted, and thanks for the compliment! I saw another model painted up that way and did my best to copy it. I used DW Acrylic inks for it: Black, Purple, and White.

I base coated the sword black and then lightly started brushing on and blending the purple and white to get the colors and shading that I wanted. I then went back over with the black to darken up a couple areas. I edge highlighted with the white. I was trying to get a dark ethereal feeling with the sword. I didn't want it to be really bright, but rather seem dark and deep and glowing with power.

Here's the picture I originally saw and tried to copy:

tKSBxLFh.jpg

TITH, I got gifted the Eldar Apoc box for my birthday (was two days ago, party was today) and proceeded to build both Wraithlords. One with flamers and scatter las, the other with bright lances and shuriken cannons. Both have swords. I also built one Wraithguard with D-Scythe and the Spiritseer. Finally, I started work on a Chaplain for ETL.