Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Thnks Warriorhunter, mate! I'll admit took a chance on those bases and I think they work.

Man, that your whites always come out looking so clean... that sounded like part of a Tide commercial, but whateve's! tis true. Love the new sigil by the by.

Well, TITH, I got Alfy done. Just gotta let the varnish dry, rim the base, and he'll be finished. I'll post up a pic as soon as I can. just got some last bits of piping and alfy's eyes. .

gallery_107230_14721_140656.jpg

Edited by Vykes

Thnks Warriorhunter, mate! I'll admit took a chance on those bases and I think they work.

Man, that your whites always come out looking so clean... that sounded like part of a Tide commercial, but whateve's! tis true. Love the new sigil by the by.

Well, TITH, I got Alfy done. Just gotta let the varnish dry, rim the base, and he'll be finished. I'll post up a pic as soon as I can. just got some last bits of piping and alfy's eyes. .

gallery_107230_14721_140656.jpg

You sure that's Alpharius and not a regular Alpha Legionnaire with a power spear?

TITH, I finished up my Word Bearers Terminator Champion conversion from my Blightlords. Had to rework because Flails of Corruption aren't a thing Word Bearers Chaos Terminators can take, so... what I did is I reworked it so I had four combi-weapons (two melta, one flamer, one plasma), a power axe, three power swords, a power maul made from the smallest ball and the shaft off of the flail, a Reaper Autocannon and an Icon stolen from a Lord of Contagion. Threw the Icon, the maul and the combi-plasma onto the Champion, boom, instant Mark of Nurgle Chaos Terminator squad for an Undivided army made from a used Blightlord kit.

TITH, I finished up my Word Bearers Terminator Champion conversion from my Blightlords. Had to rework because Flails of Corruption aren't a thing Word Bearers Chaos Terminators can take, so... what I did is I reworked it so I had four combi-weapons (two melta, one flamer, one plasma), a power axe, three power swords, a power maul made from the smallest ball and the shaft off of the flail, a Reaper Autocannon and an Icon stolen from a Lord of Contagion. Threw the Icon, the maul and the combi-plasma onto the Champion, boom, instant Mark of Nurgle Chaos Terminator squad for an Undivided army made from a used Blightlord kit.

I've actually contemplated making a squad of Chaos Terminators for my Night Lords from the Blightlords kit. Good to hear it's doable.

I've actually contemplated making a squad of Chaos Terminators for my Night Lords from the Blightlords kit. Good to hear it's doable.

I mean, all my difficulties came from the fact I built the kit with a Flail. If you want Mark of Nurgle Chaos Terminators, you can literally just build the Blightlords with combi-weapons and power weapons, no Flail, no Blight Launcher. Rest of the kit is all power swords, power axes, combi-weapons, a heavy flamer and an autocannon.

TITH I started painting some of the second hand Slaanesh Daemons I got a while ago. They've been in a bad state with splotchy paint caked on and the icon bearer is even missing a leg but they'll do once I'm done with them.

eixVEtbl.jpg

I finished five Reivers that I started earlier this week, plus blocked out most of the major colour zones on the other half of the squad.

5FosWDH.jpg

(and I won an eBay auction for one of the Shadowspear Phobos lieutenants, who I've decided I much prefer to the stand-alone one they've released)

TITH I got my second five reivers to a battle-ready state. There's another evening or two until they're at the level of the other ones on my desk. At this rate they should be done comfortably before 11th November (I vowed them in the Sons of Dorn Expansion) and I should finish the ten intercessors I vowed on time too.

pbfy15o.jpg

I finally put paint to brush again for the first time in ages. I just didn't seem motivated to pain for several weeks. It's good that I have broken that period finally. I've got a Lizardman Blood Bowl team on the way so I really need to finish my current project. I'm not really sure what I'm going to paint 40k-wise yet but I have some Fire Dragons sitting about near my work area that could do with stripping and repainting so perhaps it will be them.

TITH I finished edge highlights for my Phobos Lieutenant, and started blocking out some colours on five more intercessors (fifty done, five WIP, five to do).

EDIT: Suffer not the typo to live.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

TITH I got to the halfway point with the five intercessors I mentioned yesterday, and watched a lot of battle reports.

I was planning on being much more productive IRL, and not doing much hobby, but I seem to have slept funny and woke up with my left ribs hurting like :censored: and flaring every time I moved, so a day of chilling in a comfy chair and painting was in order.