Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I read a big chunk of Eisenhorn: Hereticus, and made a few finishing touches to the five intercessors I've been working on the past week.

Only five more to go and then my Sons of Dorn vow will be complete, and I'll have painted 98 Black Templars since getting back into the hobby at the start of the year. It'll also mean I'll be at a full fighting company for my crusade - six battle line squads, two close support, two fire support, full command echelons, plus a Repulsor, two Redemptors and an Invictor in the armoury.

That, of course, leaves a big question. What should models 99 and 100 be?

Srecently in the hobby I've stuck withbeing an experimental sod with my painting (starting to rather enjoy a sort of Caravaggio approach paired with contrast glazes though, joined a War cry campaign with Untamed Beasts and have spent hours refreshing Google for Imperial Fists rumors so I can figure out how I want to play them.

@Atrus that is a hot little piece of work:biggrin.:

sorry just couldn't resist being first with the dad joke

TITHI Made my nephew a biker captain, one for me as well, dug out an older jump pack chaplain conversion and updated him a little, heat bent the ammo feeds for a volkite moritat and finally to finish off I worked out how much stuff I've given my nephew 5 hq, 5 troops, 2 fast attack, 4 elites and 2 heavy support

not bad for an 8 year old:cool.: the worrying thing is now his little sister is wanting a model for herself and she's looking at my nascent necron force:wallbash:  her mum's gonna kill me for turning both of her kids to the dork side:whistling:

TITH, a friend informed me that the model he got me for my birthday arrived.

23FXTQu.jpg

This is gonna be fun to assemble. Also, already saw a few mold slips on it. But, nothing that should be too hard to fix.... I hope :lol:

-cocks head to the side- I'm... tryin to decipher what exactly that is, Gederas. Still cool, looks biggish too!

Well, Recently in the Hobby I got my Luna Wolves command squad done (finally) following the one and only picture I could find of their banner.

gallery_107230_14721_97379.jpg

Based on

KC105-WH40K-Emperor-1200x800.jpg

Which got used in the company's first real outing: a Loyalist vs. Traitor 16th legion bloodbath! Abaddon vs. Loken, was incredible. Shot a bat-rep with the lads up at BAD gaming, so that was a bunch of fun.

gallery_107230_14721_155850.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_186255.jpg

Gonna have some waaaaay better pictures soon but it was just snapped while the battle was going.

Edited by Vykes

TITH I finished blocking out the major colours on my last five intercessors for my Sons of Dorn vow - I should be able to get them done by 2019-11-11 at this rate.

That'll bring me to 98 Black Templars painted this year. I think 99 will be a second las/las Repulsor. As for 100? Let's cross fingers for there being something for us in PA2.

TITH, well, more like "at 12 AM in the hobby I" :lol:

I finished magnetizing the Kromlech Orc Tigerwagon my friend got me as a birthday present.

iC7v9rD.jpg

(more images on my WIP and Ork threads)

Good lord was magnetizing the main gun a PITA because I didn't have the right diameter drill bit for the magnet I was using :lol:

Yesterday in the hobby, the Space Marine Heroes Series 2 full box my girlfriend got me as a birthday present also came in. In it I got 2 copies of both Aramus (Hammernator) and Dyrael (stormbolter and Servo-Skull), and singles of everyone barring Darrago (Banner Guy).