Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
8778 replies to this topic

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,261 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
YITH, I popped into Warhammer World! Picked up a few bits including a Praevian and a Vigilator.

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330bcboxingdaycomplete.pngl_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

treadhead

treadhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 653 posts

@chaeron As much as the hobbyist in me would love to just be able to pop easily into Warhammer World, my wallet thanks it's lucky stars i live on the south coast of the uk

and not somewhere like new zealand (why gw why)

back on topic

TITHI Glued some harlequins together in preparation for letting my niece have a bash at painting them (or at least telling me what colours to use on them)msn-wink.gif

the dork side is strong with these kids rofl

c & c welcomed, kudos accepted, blame shifted
http://s21.photobuck...readhead2/?sc=5
S,M,A,K,I,B,B,F,B

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

TitH I finished upgrading my Space marines and Sisters of Battle to 32mm bases.

• Fulkes likes this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

TITH I got my Redemptor arms almost done. A couple layers of highlights and I can call it 'done' to my old standard. New standard is going to be adding decals and weathering.

Brother Eleysium

Brother Eleysium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts

Last night(I hope this counts as I generally post from the office the following morning)I read through my Collectors Imperial Fists supplement(it just released in the US on the 26th)Organized and sleeved my new IF data cards, and worked on my Space Marine Heroes I converted into Sternguard. 

gallery_24779_1036_67437.jpg

"No world shall be beyond my rule. No enemy beyond my wrath."

The Emperor of Mankind

Check out my B&C Hobby Blog via the link below:

http://www.bolterand...athwatch/page-4

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

Do your cards still fit in the box after sleeving them? I've considering doing that with mine but wasn't sure about the box.

Dreagher

Dreagher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 433 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters 121st Company

TITH I painted my first gsc miniature to test out my colour scheme.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

TITH I finally finished painting something before jumping to something new or building something new lol.

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

TITH I got the heat effects done on my Redemptor.

gmiv9HWh.jpg

• Rogue, Magos Takatus, Gederas and 3 others like this

Brother Eleysium

Brother Eleysium

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,326 posts

Last night(my today)I got my Sergeant Jovan in the mail, and started to covert him to be a Crimson Fist LT. I'm working on modding a Bolt Rifle from the Intercessors boxed set, and adding some more flash to the model overall to give him a little more character. This is by far one of my favorite Limited Edition Primaris models to date. 

• Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this

gallery_24779_1036_67437.jpg

"No world shall be beyond my rule. No enemy beyond my wrath."

The Emperor of Mankind

Check out my B&C Hobby Blog via the link below:

http://www.bolterand...athwatch/page-4

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
TITH I finally finished my sixth squad of intercessors, bringing me to a full ten squad fighting company - 6x intercessors, 1x reivers, 1x inceptors, 1x hellblasters, 1x aggressors, plus command echelons and a small vehicle pool.

Fancy photos will follow tomorrow, but here's a less-than-brilliant phone shot for now.

yfYUK0E.jpg
  • thewarriorhunter likes this

Fighting Company Friedrich: http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

TITH I got my redemptor to a playable state. Decals and weathering are next but it'll be a few weeks for the decals to be made and shipped.

MyjcMich.jpg

• sfPanzer and Black_Knight like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,331 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

TITH I got my redemptor to a playable state. Decals and weathering are next but it'll be a few weeks for the decals to be made and shipped.

MyjcMich.jpg

Still love that colour scheme of yours.

Consider painting details like missile heads and the headlight too though.

• Montford likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
This MORNING in the hobby I got my D750, tripod, lights etc and properly shot my fighting company. This afternoon I'll edit it and post photos - no more phone shots from now on.

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 978 posts

Yesterday in the hobby, I picked up a Chaos Raptors kit, built it as Warp Talons and set aside the parts a friend asked for. Tomorrow in the hobby, I'll be handing the parts over to him, to secure a deal in which I'll be getting a Primaris Kayvaan Shrike. Today, I'm just waiting and maybe painting.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

TITH, I photographed what I've painted this year - http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,019 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

TITH, finished a knight that I built and painted over about 12 hours just to experiment and practice with panel lining sans oils or washes (just some artists ink).  Turned out pretty decent I think, definitely a little different and cleaner than my usual method.  Besides that, got my Anvil heads in for more voidclade grenadiers, and picked up a new compact Iwata compressor for my move today... back to packing. -sighs- 

gallery_107230_14721_141638.jpg

• Magos Takatus, Montford, The_Chaplain and 3 others like this

gallery_107230_14721_11872.png

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

TITH I finished my Strategic Tactical Insertion of Coordinated Kineticism (S.T.I.C.K) device. It's essentially a pretty 9" piece of sprue that I painted up and practiced weathering on. Now I can accurately deeps strike in style.

iF78ehXh.jpg

• Montford, Chaplain Dosjetka, Fulkes and 3 others like this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 978 posts

Now to make my own 9" sprue-stick.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
TITH I ordered what'll be models 99 and 100 painted since getting back into the hobby - a Whirlwind and a Repulsor.

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Now to make my own 9" sprue-stick.

Me too =D

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts
Maybe I should start commissioning these...

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,545 posts

TITH I picked up the Feast of Bones box I was splitting with a friend, as well as a Lord Discordant for my Night Lords as a present to myself for getting a raise at my job :lol:

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,492 posts

TITH I decided I'm going to rebase my Raven Guard to match my Spectral Sicarii so they have some cohesion when I field both forces in games.

EXfI1Jrh.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

The Mad Hermit

The Mad Hermit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Today in the Hobby I started painting up the poxwalkers that came in the Dark Imperium starter box that I bought a week and a half ago.

Four done today.

I'm happy with them so far.

What a long, strange trip it's been....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)