Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

...it won't work practically otherwise.

You realize you're in a 40k forum where demons tear through space time... Right?

In all seriousness it's how the kit comes, and who's to say the suppressive functionality isn't stored in the first section and there's still a break too act more like a compensator?

TITH, I did up Novokh and Solar Watch test models. The Novokh lad is a rescue, so the build's kind of trash on it, but it's an old metal and I think I can salvage him and his squad if I can do a full strip and get some spare Necron Rods at some point. The Solar Watch lad actually still has my old Custodes paint job on him still, but since it was a pretty good, thin paint job, he still has all that nice detail. I've done him in as much Contrast as I had lying around (so white and red), with traditional methods only coming into play for metallics - and even then, later, because I don't actually have a functional brush good for the gold and silver details on this lad. Pics to come.

TITH, I picked up a can of Grey Seer, Blood Angels Red, Stormshield and Mephiston Red (no, it's not for Blood Angels, it's for Bonereapers), as well as a box of Sector Imperialis bases for my Night Lords. I also managed to get my Lord Discordant's Helstalker primed for painting.

Gonna most likely do a day of painting the Helstalker this Sunday.

Edited by Gederas

...it won't work practically otherwise.

You realize you're in a 40k forum where demons tear through space time... Right?

In all seriousness it's how the kit comes, and who's to say the suppressive functionality isn't stored in the first section and there's still a break too act more like a compensator?

If that were the case the break should be a separate part then. To each their own I guess.

TITH I realised just how tiny Rhinos are vs Repulsors (I picked up my first non-Primaris set since my childhood).

It would be more fair to compare Land Raiders and Repulsors anyway. ;) 

TITH I built a squad of 5 of the new Chaos Terminators. 

Now sitting at 10 of the new ones, 4 power fists, 6 axes. 2 Reaper Autocannons, and 8 Combi-Bolters. 

Nice little load out for a decent squad and I adore the new kit for its crisp detail. And in my experience with 2 of the kit it has plenty of axes barring wanting all 5 to have them. 

TITH I primed a set of bases for my rebasing project and got some painting done on my Eliminators.

I also voted for my favorite model in the Corax Command painting event that happened over the last couple months in the Ravenspire section of the B&C. You should go check it out and cast a vote: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359649-corax-command-gallery-2019/

Edited by thewarriorhunter

TITH I realised just how tiny Rhinos are vs Repulsors (I picked up my first non-Primaris set since my childhood).

WlYxi4E.jpg

Whirlwind is finished - look how cute it is :wub:

Err, could someone fetch a Chaplain and/or flamer re the un-Templar-y emoji use...

TITH I primed up my 3 landspeeders to work in a squadron for next week's 30K narrative event up here. Nothing super fancy, just some minor conversion work to make them look like a bit more like the older 2E metals.

gallery_107230_14721_459010.jpg

TiTHI am about to start testing my new Turbo Dork colourshift paints to see which fits the colours best fit the models I am currently working on. They arrived much sooner than I expected considering that the came from across the pond.I didn't even have to pay extra customs charges like I've had to for items in the past.

TITH I found some bases I forgot about and added them to my current WIP batch. Bases for days...

AWmamsCh.jpg

They are very pretty! Can you remember where you got them from perchance?

BCC

I make these using scullpy clay and a textured rolling pin from Green Stuff World. If you pop into either of my WIP threads you'll see a lot more of them.

This weekend in the hobby I ordered a box of Eldar Guardians and a Warlock to mix and match with my Dark Eldar pieces for an Inquisimunda Corsair group, along with the Servants of the Abyss box for Black Fortress because I love the contents. Also got far too excited by all the news posted about the BL Weekender, such as Warhammer Crime, a new 13th Penal Legion book, a sequel to Watchers of the Throne and all the rest, and got sucked headfirst into playing Warhammer 40,000: Martyr, which I'd recommend to any fan of the Inquisition in general or the Dark Heresy games.

TITH I finished putting together my 100th model of the year - a second Repulsor. I'm at home sick with something flu-y, so I'm crossing fingers for decent weather so I can get it and my Whirlwind (in the my previous post) sprayed then starting working on painting them.

I'd forgotten how tedious doing the grav plates for Repulsor was from when I did my other one six months ago. I spent an hour this evening with Hans Zimmer Live in Prague blasting out of my TV doing those :cuss plates.