Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
8802 replies to this topic

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

TitH I made a Farseer Skyrunner kitbashed from spare parts from four different model kits:

1- Windrunner bike and legs
2-Female Guardian torso and left arm (with hand cut off and re-attached palm down)
3-Dire Avenger right arm
4-Farseer head

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, battle captain corpus, Viridia and 1 other like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,504 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

TITH I finished up 18 bases and got them sealed.

mErreorh.jpg

• Montford, battle captain corpus, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 990 posts

TITH, I started repainting my Poxwalkers that I can't use anymore because I don't play Death Guard. But it's fun and I'm bored and it's nice seeing how far my painting skills have come.

• Montford and Fulkes like this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,249 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons
YITH I decided stop dinking around when it comes to my painting and give myself a proper goal: to enter the 2021 Adepticon Golden Daemon.

That won't be nerve wracking at all I'm sure.

TITH I made progress on a AoS model and fulfilled a promise over on 'Eavier Metal to show how I'm painting a "ghoulish" skin tone with some green in it.

I've got a lot of models I should work on to work on my painting, but I think my next project has to be Abbadon. I have some ideas for a reflective black armour with a touch of green in the highlights I want to do, as well as him just being an awesome minature to practice so many things with.
  • Montford likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

Those bases look super cool!

TITH I got my first gang from Necromunda and created 2 acolytes for my Inquisitor, one with SB and the other bolter-melta gun heres the pics still WIPs

Acolyte with bolter melta
Acolyte with SB WIP

• Chaplain Dosjetka, Fulkes and Vykes like this

robofish7591

robofish7591

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 840 posts

After being super busy with school and stuff, I finally got some base coats put on my Leviathan and Stormhawk!

1st Company Marching for Macragge - Ultramarine Terminators WIP
Robo's Anviliarium - Iron Hands WIP

gallery_84735_14657_41554.jpggallery_84735_14657_21278.pnggallery_30308_9518_2534.png

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

TITH I finally managed to get my Whirlwind and Repulsor primed (some dry weather at last). The main hulls and turrets haven't had anything further done on them, but I've finished both cupolas, plus the base and three mini-turrets for the Repulsor.

• Montford likes this

Fighting Company Friedrich: http://www.bolterand...pany-friedrich/

Heretic /ˈhɛrɪtɪk/, noun (plural noun heretics): Any person who speaks ill of the Emperor, the Imperium, cites his loyalty to any entity besides the Emperor, defaces holy artefacts or buildings, incites heretical thoughts or actions, talks openly about forbidden subjects, generally behaves in a manner disrespectful to all that is holy and good, or weighs the wrong amount relative to a duck.

gallery_45765_12339_44045.png

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts

TITH I received both a Foul Blightspawn and Biologus Putrifier in the post so I have been watching painting and battle report videos to give me a better understanding of what to piece together.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,249 posts
TITH I spent some time poking paint onto Abbadon's model, getting unhappy with the shiny black I was trying to achieve and then taking a step back on it and going back to refiguring out how I want to do the black for his armour.

This is a model that's going to take me a fair bit to finish, with most of that time probably spent on learning how to do certain effects and then building muscle memory on said effects.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,565 posts

TITHI finished both the Nurgle and Tzeentch Sorcerers for my Night Lords:

ZmRx6wE.jpg

CetD3qO.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Fulkes and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 990 posts

May I ask what the Nurgle Sorceror's made from?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,249 posts
Well it's a new day, so YITH I couldn't sit still and went back to painting by changing what I'm focusing on so I did a little test on the talons. I'll need to redo them a bit, and I might go with a bit less black on the final version.

i09Nu8g.png
  • Kolgrim DeathHowl, Bryan Blaire and Vykes like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

Looks cool, interested to see how it works out!

• Fulkes likes this

FelipeFlops

FelipeFlops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts
  • Faction: IG, AC, SM, DE

A few days ago ITH I finished my first squad of Khorne Berserkers.

Combination of the new CSM and the AoS Blood Warriors kit;

World Eaters Khorne Berserkers

6.5k Imperial Guard

4.4k Adeptus Custodes

4.3k Primaris Marines - Silver Templars

2.3k Imperial Knights

2k Necrons

2k Harelquins

2k T'au Empire

1k Inquisitors + Assassins

Silver Templar Infiltrators

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,504 posts
  • Faction: Spectral Sicarii (RG Succesor)

YITH I built the terrain that came in the Killzone Sector Sanctoris box I ordered.

a6J7fnsh.jpg

• Chaplain Dosjetka, Fulkes and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,565 posts

May I ask what the Nurgle Sorceror's made from?

The Plague Marine Champion from Dark Imperium with a head, right arm and left hand swap. The head is from the Putrid Blightkings (AoS), right arm is from the Plague Marines kit, the staff is from the Master of Possession, scythe head is from the Deathshroud and the right hand is from the Devastators box

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,027 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

Only snagged a quick and dirty picture of one of 'em, but got a trio of Land Speeders mooostly done for a 30K tournament tomorrow.  Still got some quick highlights and metal nicks to go

gallery_107230_14721_96870.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, battle captain corpus, Chaplain Dosjetka and 2 others like this

gallery_107230_14721_11872.png

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,249 posts
TITH I repainted the talon, but I need to touch up the white highlights some more:
hzJmMR0.png
vQLsIFB.png
mf1YksX.png
2wKPo8F.png
  • Chaplain Dosjetka, Bryan Blaire, Vykes and 1 other like this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Just a shower thought. A relic for Emperor's Children/Slaaneshi Warband that works like Obliterators' Fleshmetal Guns.

I would call it Capricious Blade. I just realy liked the name that I came up with.  biggrin.png

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

TITH I repainted the talon, but I need to touch up the white highlights some more:
hzJmMR0.png
vQLsIFB.png
mf1YksX.png
2wKPo8F.png

Man that claw is looking super cool now!!

TITH I built my first AMbot, Kal Jericho and scabs but scabs isn't working well with me having trouble getting him to stay together. Might just throw him in a bits box cause I doubt I would use  him lol.

Kal Jericho AMBot

• Montford and Fulkes like this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,249 posts
Thanks! I'm going to try and finish the rest of the hand proper after work and then start on the next bit. Not doing the black armour or gold just yet since I need to line the arm up with the body to make sure the highlights come out right.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

TITH I finally finished painting my first Necromunda model. I tried to paint liquid for the first time too, I think the back came out pretty well. But the front was a little harder due to shaky hands and smaller bits. But over all I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was doing a blue/grey color for the robe and then I put a wash on it and it turned super silver color wasn't expecting that but I was all in and just ran with it, think it came out pretty good.

Bounty hunter 1
Bounty hunter 1b

• Fulkes and thewarriorhunter like this

DBadger

DBadger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts

Filled up my bookshelf !@#%$!

But I did buy 8ed CSM, 8ed GK, 7ed DW and Khorne Daemonkin. Please stop me.

Imperial Armour IV is really disappointing. It's half as thick as the first three volumes. Can imagine folks being really disappointed buying it at full price when it came out.

• Fulkes likes this

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,249 posts
YITH I put more work into Abbadon:
8adyC07.png
I think I may go back and give it a little grey back over the blue for the ribbing, but I haven't decided.

vHx6rVM.png
2EWk4XU.png
1y1ceTv.png
I'm actually fairly happy with the cape. The red has a nice wine color that is subdued enough that it doesn't pull the eye away from the rest of the model as much as it helps frame it.
  • Kolgrim DeathHowl, Chaplain Dosjetka, DBadger and 1 other like this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,268 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

TITHI choked on a space marines leg. 

Getting ill and I had the leg between my lips as I breathed in to sneeze... 

• Gederas, DBadger, Vykes and 2 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)