Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TitH I made a Farseer Skyrunner kitbashed from spare parts from four different model kits:

1- Windrunner bike and legs
2-Female Guardian torso and left arm (with hand cut off and re-attached palm down)
3-Dire Avenger right arm
4-Farseer head

YITH I decided stop dinking around when it comes to my painting and give myself a proper goal: to enter the 2021 Adepticon Golden Daemon.

That won't be nerve wracking at all I'm sure.

TITH I made progress on a AoS model and fulfilled a promise over on 'Eavier Metal to show how I'm painting a "ghoulish" skin tone with some green in it.

I've got a lot of models I should work on to work on my painting, but I think my next project has to be Abbadon. I have some ideas for a reflective black armour with a touch of green in the highlights I want to do, as well as him just being an awesome minature to practice so many things with.

TITH I finally managed to get my Whirlwind and Repulsor primed (some dry weather at last). The main hulls and turrets haven't had anything further done on them, but I've finished both cupolas, plus the base and three mini-turrets for the Repulsor.

TITH I spent some time poking paint onto Abbadon's model, getting unhappy with the shiny black I was trying to achieve and then taking a step back on it and going back to refiguring out how I want to do the black for his armour.

This is a model that's going to take me a fair bit to finish, with most of that time probably spent on learning how to do certain effects and then building muscle memory on said effects.

Well it's a new day, so YITH I couldn't sit still and went back to painting by changing what I'm focusing on so I did a little test on the talons. I'll need to redo them a bit, and I might go with a bit less black on the final version.

i09Nu8g.png

May I ask what the Nurgle Sorceror's made from?

The Plague Marine Champion from Dark Imperium with a head, right arm and left hand swap. The head is from the Putrid Blightkings (AoS), right arm is from the Plague Marines kit, the staff is from the Master of Possession, scythe head is from the Deathshroud and the right hand is from the Devastators box

Just a shower thought. A relic for Emperor's Children/Slaaneshi Warband that works like Obliterators' Fleshmetal Guns.

I would call it Capricious Blade. I just realy liked the name that I came up with.  :biggrin.:

TITH I repainted the talon, but I need to touch up the white highlights some more:

hzJmMR0.png

vQLsIFB.png

mf1YksX.png

2wKPo8F.png

Man that claw is looking super cool now!!

TITH I built my first AMbot, Kal Jericho and scabs but scabs isn't working well with me having trouble getting him to stay together. Might just throw him in a bits box cause I doubt I would use  him lol.

Kal Jericho AMBot

Thanks! I'm going to try and finish the rest of the hand proper after work and then start on the next bit. Not doing the black armour or gold just yet since I need to line the arm up with the body to make sure the highlights come out right.

TITH I finally finished painting my first Necromunda model. I tried to paint liquid for the first time too, I think the back came out pretty well. But the front was a little harder due to shaky hands and smaller bits. But over all I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was doing a blue/grey color for the robe and then I put a wash on it and it turned super silver color wasn't expecting that but I was all in and just ran with it, think it came out pretty good.

Bounty hunter 1

Bounty hunter 1b

YITH I put more work into Abbadon:

8adyC07.png

I think I may go back and give it a little grey back over the blue for the ribbing, but I haven't decided.

vHx6rVM.png

2EWk4XU.png

1y1ceTv.png

I'm actually fairly happy with the cape. The red has a nice wine color that is subdued enough that it doesn't pull the eye away from the rest of the model as much as it helps frame it.