Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI choked on a space marines leg. 

Getting ill and I had the leg between my lips as I breathed in to sneeze... 

I shouldn't laugh, but that's hilarious. I trust you're ok now?

TITH I'm painting Titanicus stuff.

Dragonlover

Yea man I'm fine thanks, don't worry about laughing, I'd have done the same if it happened to somebody else. :lol:

And people say this isnt a dangerous hobby... 

TITHI choked on a space marines leg. 

Getting ill and I had the leg between my lips as I breathed in to sneeze... 

Pfffft :lol:

I mean, choking to death on a Marine's leg is.... Yeah :lol:

Did you at least get the leg out of your windpipe? :lol:

TITH I'm winding down and doing a little bit of Aeronautica after a big 30K narrative 'tournament' thing yesterday, 12 hours of gaming, 2 hours of after-wrap up drinking, 14 other players surprised when they found I'm vegetarian, 1 best-painted award.  

Was a good day. 

TITH I got whooped by the Codex Marines 2.0.... And probably not gonna play against that player again. At least, not without a super cheese tournament list like he brings.

What kinda list? Now I need to know.

TITH, I painted a Malignant Plaguecaster I got secondhand for $5.00, to serve as a Nurgle Sorceror in my Word Bearers lists. He's also got a Khorne Berzerker pack because I like the 'Zerker power packs and had a bunch lying around.

TITH I got whooped by the Codex Marines 2.0.... And probably not gonna play against that player again. At least, not without a super cheese tournament list like he brings.

What kinda list? Now I need to know.

His list was this:

[80 PL, 1,510pts]

++ Imperium - Space Marines ++

Chapter Selection: Long-range Marksmen, Rapid Assault, Raven Guard Successor

HQ

Lieutenants in Phobos Armor: Grav-chute, Master-crafted occulus bolt rifle [Ex Tenebris]

Primaris Captain: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Power sword [Chapter Master]

Primaris Chaplain: 1. Litany of Faith, Litany of Hate

Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle

Troops

Infiltrator Squad: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

Infiltrator Squad: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher

. 9x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Stalker Bolt Rifle

. 4x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Stalker Bolt Rifle

. 4x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle

. 9x Intercessor

. Intercessor Sergeant

Elites

Aggressor Squad: 5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant

. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack

Suppressor Squad

. 2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Grav-chute

. Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Grav-chute

Heavy Support

Eliminator Squad

. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

Eliminator Squad

. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

In a double-battalion.

Edited by Gederas

This weekend in the hobby was busy. I got more of my Raven Guard rebased, built a Harlequin troop with my daughter for Kill Team, and played my first Maelstrom game on Friday that was a lot of fun.

0yVGoZJh.jpg

TITH I managed to run out of Agrax Earthshade doing my new Zone Mortalis Floor tiles.... The first one :lol:

Thankfully, my FLGS (non-GW) near me is open on Mondays, so I was able to run there and get a new pot of Agrax.

Current status of the first tile:

uDwkvvP.jpg

Today in the hobby I had a sharp reminder of why we cut away from us and not towards with a knife.

And why using a hobby saw to remove models from bases is probably better than a knife.

Sharp reminder... I do make myself laugh. Probably all the blood loss :D

Today in the hobby I had a sharp reminder of why we cut away from us and not towards with a knife.

And why using a hobby saw to remove models from bases is probably better than a knife.

Sharp reminder... I do make myself laugh. Probably all the blood loss :biggrin.:

I just cut, pry and snip until it looks the way I want it.

I usually snip then file it down flush... or try to, then bite too deep and have to greenstuff back together. Doubly so if it's resin. But ouch, Sky Potato, 'should be blessed by khorne now, though. Not that the Blood Angels recognize their unholy patron :P

As for me, TITH I got to look at my Voidclade 'heretics' and come to the conclusion that as much as I like them, it's basically unfeasible to do a full infantry army without significant support (I got 20 more voidclade troopers getting primed, too). There's not enough slots in 30K to support 2.5K and not enough options in 40K to get them working. So I'll need support. Thus, my big revelation that is actually new for me... I'm gonna have to start browsing for anime models* to kitbash with my extra knight parts, as pure knights just look wrong with the round flat plates and lack of right angles.

Weirdly, I think this is my first full Voidclade picture since I decided on the Dunecrawler route for 'counts as' Leman Russes.

gallery_107230_14721_57514.jpg

* Might hazard a go with Assault Suit Valkan with their boxy armour and easy enough attachment points. And because SNES Cybernator is burned into my head from when I was younger.

I was taking bikes off the newer oval bases and sticking them onto the older pill style bases. That’s a lot of snipping and cutting the bases away, and because I didn’t glue the wheels into place, I couldn’t just snap the base off (the torque would snap the bike before the glue bond on the wheels came away from the base). So cutting the tyres away from the base seemed the best way of doing it.

In hindsight, it was definitely a hobby saw job. Oh well.

I’ve been slack updating this thread. In the last three weeks of the hobby, I’ve have assembled;

- The Apocalypse Imperial Knight Super Heavy Detachment box (Castellan and 2x Armiger Helverins)

- Blood of the Phoenix box (both halves, the Craftworld and Dark Eldar side. I was considering selling the Drukhari side on, but oh well)

- Forgeworld Sanguinius, including the scenic base

- Blood Angel Tac Squad

- Last weeks Conquest magazine delivery

- Metal Canoness from the Last Chance to Buy Sisters sake on the GW website

And probably a few other bits as well.

Only a few more bits to clear and assemble and I’ll have completely cleared my building backlog. Which has only shifted it into the painting backlog.

Sharp reminder... I do make myself laugh. Probably all the blood loss :biggrin.:

I still cut towards myself, old habits and all that. I also find it easier to control the knife, when I cut away I seem to mess up more. I just need to remember new blades need less pressure to cut, I have ended up in some serious messes forgetting that, you can still see the scar across the back of my fingers when I cut down to the bone when I was 15, Im 40 next year lol .

Jokes aside though, be careful with your blades guys, don't be a pratt like younger me and nearly kill yourself. 

Also...TITHI have decided if I am going to convert the new Mephiston into a Chaos Lord based on Blanches 2nd ed CSM army then I might as well do a whole army to go with him. But to keep everything in the same scale and whatnot I'm gonna have to use primaris marines *vomits*

Army pictures for reference so you know what I will be doing.

Hidden Content

gallery_23421_8142_67915.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/cbd95b591f9086203ca7ce22068a4cba/tumblr_mgbiwtWLUX1r1g40zo1_1280.jpg