Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

How many times have you bought that model man? :laugh.:

Like..... Wow.

The model looks cool though!

Thanks! If it makes it any better, I didn't buy it this time - somebody gifted it to me! ^^

It does make it better.... But isn't that like your third Alpharius model? :laugh.:

Hey, now he's got an Alpharius, an Omegon and two Praetors. :biggrin.:

After yesterday's less encouraging Repulsor update, today I made huge progress. Everything on the hull is done bar the final edge highlights on the black and the script on purity seals, scrolls etc.

Base and turrets have been completed for a while. Once it's all done, there'll be nice photos over in my fighting company's thread, along with some of the Whirlwind I did last month.

EDIT: Change of plan - watching election coverage on what's looking to be an interesting night (I'm going to avoid getting any more political than that so as not to foul of forum rules). Given I'm up, I might as well paint, so all insignia/other freehand is done, and the final highlight is done on the front half of the hull. Going to take a quick break, grab a drink, and then crack on with the back half.

EDIT THE SECOND: The Repulsor is done. Fancy photos in good light will follow tomorrow.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

TITH my laziness with magnetizing has come to get me. I should have bought more 5mm magnets instead of using smaller ones for the quad lascannons on my spartan. Too hard to drill out to fix now, so the mounts I just glued- but the quads can still be removed and pivot around, just not up and down or complete removal of the mount like on my falchion. 

I finished my second Repulsor yesterday, and took some decent photos today. Individual unit shots are over in my showcase thread linked in my sig, but here's the full crusade armoury:

vjTxsHM.jpg

TITH, I have work, so I can't do much until later, but I've got a solid plan for a conversion, come 2020.

I'm taking more than a little inspiration from one Prometian Painting and his "Skullreavers" - a biker counts-as he's done with Juggernauts and old CSM parts, among other things. Plan is to do what he did for the first one he built, use the pelvis native to the Skullcrusher Juggernaut model, a pair of legs from a 'Zerker model for each, the body, power pack (with the exception of one guy, who will use the power pack off of the Aspiring Champion so he gets a melta) and head off of 'Zerkers, as well as arm-mounted storm bolters and probably polearms (polearm poses at the least) off of Grey Knights models. The lore explanation is the Grey Knights don't always win. I'll have a plethora of nice Force weapons and other bits for later stuff, too, and mmmmmmaybe build a GK Kill Team from the same box.

YITH I made more progress on the Canoness after relainting her face yet again to try and better balance the shadows I'm putting on the left side of her face. I then worked on her armour before rougjing in the gold NMM, but the gold needs redoing so it's not done. After I fix the gold next up is the corset and robes so I can glue on her front collar.

5lLPI7X.png

TITH I had my first game with my Night Lords..... and my first game with a 100% painted army on the table.

9ae9BUV.jpg

That was probably the best feeling.

Congrats on a fully-painted army on the field! I remember the feeling. It is the best feeling.

Over the weekend in the hobby I probably managed one of my fastest turnarounds. Parts arrived on Saturday, managed to get them built and painted by the end of Sunday.

Haven't reassembled my lightbox yet so bad pic instead.

Nice "little" (500 points) reinforcement for my Custodes;

Adeptus Custodes Saggitarum Guard

TITH I watched Richard Grey's painting tutorials (sadly only available via his Patreon so it's hard to see what he's offering unless you know his work really well) as I'm trying to learn things.

And I've recognized what's bothering me with how I paint: basically I fall back on using my midtones a lot, which doesn't really lend well to trying to match the ideas in my head. I'm working out ways to better fix that for how I want to paint.