Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Aah, you're making me wanna do Black Templars. Maybe as a small, melee-focused extra chunk of army alongside my Raven Guard.

Thank you - mine aren't all that melee focused at the moment though - crossing fingers for a melee Primaris wave at some point.

Finally got some hobby in and worked on Mephiston:

KfMQVSY.png

Love the zenithal. Does it really make that much of a difference?

It does for having a reference for light mapping. I primed black, used white as a primary light source, and grey as a reflected light source and took pictures so I could reference back to them on light placement. It helps me know where to push my highlights a bit more and where to keep things a bit darker and more subdued.

49429299726_278ac8d78a_c.jpg

TITH I managed to get a mock-up done of my sprinting Redemptor conversion for my Crimson Fists. Super fun kit to build, although a bit daunting as I haven't tackled a vehicle kit since 3rd edition. Still need to attach the feet on its left leg but I want to do that last to get the angle of the sprint right. Think I'm going to add some more details like purity seals too, maybe some chains and extra bits of scrollwork here and there. Then just got to sort the base out and get it all glued up!

tithi caught the basing bug that seems to be going around and did ten bases for my grey knights paladins, some for my nephews smurf 4th company and my band of bezerkers sadly i'm now running out of snow flock and gw no longer does it, anyone got any suggestions on alternatives?

Also started repainting their helms to pure white just to give the model a slightly better focal point

Edited by treadhead

TITHI Found all four of my old metal assassins, a metal mk IV marine, started stripping the heads out of my other squad of GK paladins to paint them white as well and started converting and magnetising a brother captain for my grey knights

Tomorrow ITHI Plan to spend a lazy day doing some transfers for my smurfs and some bits and pieces to my ad mech

Today in the hobby, my family got me some choice Birthday presents: a box of Tyranid Warriors, another of Hive Guard, and a box of the new Battle Sisters. :happy.:

Hive Fleet Goliandr and the Order of the Iron Tower just moved way up in my "to create" schedule! :laugh.:

TITH I finished what I still owed to the Dark Angels Forum for a lost challenge against Captain Semper and his lot.

The Lions of Accon are ready to fight!

ZWjIBDZ.jpg

Also a few days I go, just for fun, I painted the GLORIOUS LEADAH OF DA WAAAAGH-WIDE REVOLUZION, DA RED GOBBO!!!

HjZ9OTb.jpg

tAcLXwZ.jpg

Also fixed the Rock of Command under the Warboss' Foot and a few little things.

W2mSEyK.jpg

FAWW8JI.jpg

dmOdDK8.jpg

After these excursions over the last few weeks... I can now go back to my Wolves.

YITH I put a bit more work into Mephiston:

RS2Ison.png

R4yUyMF.png

To be honest, I'm not 100% on the shine on the armour. I kept going back and forth on brightening it up and knocking the brightness back down but I just can't seem to make it pop the way I want to.

Just a quick update before work for my progress on Mephiston: I finished the shading on his cape (giving that cooler purple warmer shadows to make the whole thing pop better), and finally have a better handle on how to deal with his armour. Might push the shine a bit more, but haven't decided yet.

qgrUoOj.png

7qyIoD5.png

I've also have a Keeper of Secrets in the process of being given subassemblies and I've got an idea for how I'll be painting the cloth to give the Keeper a bit more colour than is traditional.

TITH I airbrushed a kantor blue base coat on my 2 Genestealers for the 12 months of hobby challenge. I also did a bit of edge highlighting on one too and then I also noticed my psi gauge on my compressor has stopped working when I use my airbrush. Not sure if it can be fixed or not.