Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I've finished assembling 4 Primaris/truescale Devastators for my Red Scorpions (and a sergeant with magnetized arms). 
It was a long and painful process of scraping and cutting in order to fit those short Devastator arms around the supersized Primaris torsos. The other variants may wait for a bit...

devastators-1.jpg

Today in the hobby I finished the base on my Primaris Librarian for my home brew chapter. Now got a fully painted HQ, Troop and Fast Attack choice. Still a lot of work to do to have the army finished for 9th.

Looks good fulkes :thumbsup: i tried something similar using the (i think it's) flesh tearers red contrast over some boltgun metal

Y and TITHI Did more work on those pipelines

Contrast over metal is pure magic for sure. Worth playing with for sure as well.

Looks like I have to give contrast paints another try. I gave Cygor Brown a go recently and it just looked like I dipped my model in Marmite. I wasn't hugely impressed and plan to paint over it. I'll have to check the contrast paint thread at some point for ideas to get the best out of them.

TITH I realised I'd ran out of grey plastic.

...so I've gone back to working on my (already supposedly finished) Templars - I'm painting a white maltese cross on all my sergeants' helmets, and adding extra details to their back banners, as a lot had too much blank space

TITHI Started painting 5 more sternguard for my smurfs, finished one of the piplines and decided i really need to start work on the shelves for my game room, just so i can reclaim some floor space from the legions of boxes currently encamped in there:wallbash:

Last night (and somewhere into this morning) in the hobby I got the golds down on my custodes repaint. Just washes, details, base colours, basing and power weapons to go....

Also, have you guys had issues with stripping paint using Bio Strip 20 before? I was left with pockets of it I couldn't remove it and ended up having to put the models in methylated spirits for a few hours to remove the residue. 

PD63DXZl.jpg

qZSbuG3l.jpg

Edited by MrSpoon

TITH hobby I finally managed to sit down and get something painted for the first time in about 4 months. Had a lengthy time of just zero motivation to hobby but I think I've cracked it! Redemptor Dread is coming along nicely. Lots still to do though.

50018303643_0a8e55285a_b.jpg