Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Cleaned my workshop to reclaim shelf space for minis. I will be able to put each army on its own shelf- I will actually have room for everything!

Six mortifiers, 30 plastic sisters to build + Start collecting chaos & GSC + DE Poisonblade!

I've been building bits and pieces, but I had no room for Quantity like that!

Now it's go time.

So recently I did a blog post about melee and where it belongs in 40k (did I mention I have a sporadically updating hobby blog? Because I do. Also, if anyone has stuff they want to see me ramble about on there, feel free to hit me up, I did a big long article on my thoughts about the Emperor of Mankind  for example of the nonsense you expect from me, I'm also working on one about how I go about writing a story for an army and how that influences some choices I make along the way).

I'm currently working on the Catachan Colonel (still a ways to go, but I'm putting in about an hour a day on him to try and get him done this week), a "black steel" Black Templar scheme (also known as Black Templar over Leadbelcher) I'm rather fond of since it simplifies the armour so I can get my Crusade going in a more timely manner without spending weeks trying to make the black look "just right", and I'm trying to decide on a number of elements for my Crusade, to include a Crusade badge, a coat of arms for the Marshall, one for each other character who'll get a back banner (Castellans, unit Sergeants, likely other characters too (on the fence about giving an Emperor's Champion one, though if I do it'd likely be a large Templar Cross), and I'm trying to decide on a fourth element for the banners as I'll be doing quartered banners (which means double the work for Tankred, the Redemptor Dreadnought since I've given him two banners because why not?).

So I'm having a good time plugging away at my projects, even though I can't claim that I'm making loads of progress on them.

Tonight/This morning in the hobby I stayed up far too late and got 5 Reivers complete and a Lt minus the head (which I lost!)

YGOyBMvl.jpg
X0CNWj7l.jpg

Varnishing and basing will be done en mass at some point.

I'd give the LT a Death Mask helm to replace the lost one. Or a spare head from a Sanguinary Guard kit at least, lots of good options in there.

Edited by Fulkes

Received my Forge World order the other day.   It came from their warehouse in USA.    New Lasscannon/ plasma turret for one of my Razorbacks and 2 sets of Special Character conversion parts to add bionic arms, hands and set of legs.      After finishing what I am working on ( assault squad) I will build a few UM figures with the bionics.    :biggrin.: :yes: :thumbsup:

TITH I went and bought a new compressor for my airbrush. A no name brand for £110 from one of my local hobby shops plus sold my broken Iwata one to one of my gaming club mates for £50 so we’re both happy. 
not done anything else since finishing my Starweaver as the weathers been to nice plus I discovered Gaslands and I’m trying to get my head round that and considering how cheap it is I’m leaning more towards playing that than anything 40k related. 

IMG_0182.jpg?width=504&height=672

We are brave to the heart, blood and fire we part. And in moonlight, we fight for the Father!

Finished the unit of Incursors. I wanted each to have something different about them. So, you got choices like one being done up in Heresy era colors, and one having a blue shoulderpad with an honor marking. 

TITH I completed a bulk loaf of bases and rebased the primaris element of my blood angel army. Given how much my hands ache from chopping bases, I think only the primaris element will be on these bases! Also excuse the snippet of my stylish socks and shorts look... 

Note most of the first born marines are from a lot I purchased a while back so I can't claim all the credit. 

edh0T9El.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nIXy3g0.mp4

YITH I put a new head on my Lt. I made an attempt at NMM on the mask, but I'm not 100% about how it came out. I have also realised I have been using this thread as a way of keeping myself honest with painting and keeping up some form of hobby momentum. 

a14Ooe3l.jpg

TITHI finally finished my Redemptor. Rynn's World veteran Iamad Argentus is finally complete! I also managed to get some base coats down on my Aggressors.

50057794897_230d62f4f8_b.jpg

50057549401_79c7064aae_b.jpg

That is incredibly crisp; I love it. Also I like the idea of glueing pennies to the bottom of corks to keep them stable. Consider yourself plagiarised.

So over the weekend I made a semi-poor financial decision and got two Renegade boxes.

I also am nearly done on the errant I've been working on, just need to get his shoulder armour done. That and wait for his head to arrive from shapeways.

Is that the Imperial Knight game you are referring to? If so, that's a pretty substantial purchase! I have one more plastic knight to assemble, which would bring my total up to three. How many Knights do you have in total?

TITH (to be slightly more accurate, in the last 24 hours in the hobby), I;

Painted and based a Myphitic Blight Hauler

Painted and based a 10 man squad of Chaos Cultists

Painted the skin of 62 poxwalkers

Painted the demon flesh on 2 Foetid bloat drones

I’m getting very close to finishing the entire Death Guard side of Conquest magazine now. And I got a LOT of duplicate issues of Conquest.

Pretty much all I have left to finish is 2 Bloat Drones which are half done, 2 chaos spawn which I need to start over on (I was using them to test various contrast paints, a little wet blending using contrast etc). And just a small blob of 62 poxwalkers. So only 66 models.

So over the weekend I made a semi-poor financial decision and got two Renegade boxes.

I also am nearly done on the errant I've been working on, just need to get his shoulder armour done. That and wait for his head to arrive from shapeways.

Is that the Imperial Knight game you are referring to? If so, that's a pretty substantial purchase! I have one more plastic knight to assemble, which would bring my total up to three. How many Knights do you have in total?

Yup, that's the one.

Total....

1 Dominus (Castallen)

9 Questoris (2 Crusader, 2 Gallants, 1 Warden, 1 Errant, 1 Paladin, 1 Styrix, 1 Multi-purpose) and

19 Armigars (9 Warglaives, 8 Helverins, 2 Moriaxi)

and that is what is built/mostly painted, I still have 6 Moriaxi in addition to the 4(3, sold one to a friend) from the box games.

Also not all are for my main house, I three light lances (1 questoris and 3 armigars) and even a few freeblades.

Plan however for the main house is one of each knight, including forgeworld versions, and 6 squads of armigars. Of which I'm only missing 2 armigars.

TITHI Won a competition from 28mag,(https://28-mag.com/) I get a bag of random chaos bits in varying condition :D 

Bits for the bits god!!!! 

and a few days ago in the hobby I finally got my first unit of Krieg through the post, cant do anything with them though as I have ran out of glue and black primer... But at least I have some Krieg now :wub: 

Today in the Hobby, I finished another member of my Emperor's Spears:

I like that guy on the left.

Thanks!

In other news, I've started painting my Lazarus and Primaris Ancient for my Dark Angels, no pictures yet though

Edited by Gederas

Working on my Stormraven and I noticed that GW has assembled their Ultramarines Stormraven wrong. The landing gear is facing the wrong way.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Space-Marine-Stormraven-Gunship

It is correct on the BA and GK Stormraven, but UM is wrong. The part that goes up on the rear 'feet' needs to be looking back and not forward.

Edited by Klod