Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Nothing yet, but yesterday evening I started looking for the right red paint for my Primaris army... Blood Angels to be I think. My IG is mostly a lot of blue and dark blue and red pop's against that very nicely. But...which red... Hopefully I'll have that sorted this weekend. Planning to try a few test models, something I never bother to do but that red had to be just right for some reason.

Also packing up extra Ork models to send to a fried for a trade but putting in a good bit more than he's asked for because I know he's under a lot of stress with all the lock down and lack of being around friends, he's very social. 

Today in the hobby I spent a couple hours trying to brainstorm up ideas for converting a decent left arm Hurricane bolter for an Ironclad Dreadnought - everything from trying to repurpose a missile launcher arm to nicking an Invictor hand held heavy bolter - and ultimately couldn't decide on something I liked. A shame, as the right arm is occupied with a converted Seismic Hammer I'd rather not have to ditch.

Not today, but recently I got to the stash I've not had access to due to lockdown - all my stuff from years ago. I've gotten rid of loads of stuff that wasn't worth saving (so much paint!!), but have managed to keep and partially organise the following:

Paint, glues and brushes - https://i.imgur.com/QG9SRzF.jpg (including this - it's twenty years old and hasn't sealed properly in probably ten, but still hasn't dried out! https://i.imgur.com/HFQw5xO.jpg)

Chaos, Guard and Marine transfers - https://i.imgur.com/UZMxTE6.jpg

One Rhino/Razor/Pred, magnetised and interchangable. Rear door opens. Chassis not glued yet. Turret and sponsons have full range of movement, magnetised.

One Pred. Rear door and top plate glued down. Full range of movement again.

One Vindicator. Partially magnetised, partially unglued so far.

Loads of spares/extras for the above.

One classic Dreadnough (ETB perhaps?) - power fist, missile launcher, twin lascannon, assault cannon.

All the parts from this classic LotD box.

All the parts from this classic Vanguard Veterans box.

All the parts for this Masters of the Chapter box.

All models from classic metal scout box. Guy with pistol outstretched has lost his knife hand somehow. Seem to have started a conversion so that he's holding a boltgun too.

DA captain/librarian from megaforce

A handful of metal Catachans

The metal Cadian command squad, plus 2 metal Lt's

13 Kasrkin (sgt, plasma, flamer, grenade launcher, 2 melta) - not found all backpacks yet, think some (inc spec weapons) are just missing

Metal terminator captain. Sword was lost when I was a kid.

2 metal DA robed bodies

Parts for 5 plastic assault terminators, with DA upgrade parts, plus a free terminator from WD

Parts for classic metal Chaplain on bike

2 extra bikes and metal attack bike parts

6 of the plastic stormtroopers bere, top right - http://www.solegends.com/citcat1997/1997p025-02.htm

Metal Chaos Lord & Sorceror, possibly a Chaos Terminator too

At least one Ork Warboss (one may have been a Nob, not sure)

Ork burna boy/s (metal)

Leman Russ/chimera (presumed complete, but old and a little battered)

Sprues (not all complete) for various marine parts, some Chaos parts, Ork parts, Fantasy Chaos Warriors

A Cadian sentinel or two (presumed complete)

Some custom resin female definitely-not-Cadians (from a crowdsourcing effort on TauOnline years ago)

Enough RTB01 parts to make a marine or two

Fellowship of the Ring set (presumed complete)

Some limited releases - 30th ann. Grombrindal; Aenur, Sword of Twilight

Old tools (now have an extra pin vice and drill bits, scalpel and blades, many more files and some sculpting implements)

Some greenstuff of questionable quality

An Ultramarine and a Fantasy Chaos Warrior my mum painted when I was about 9!

Also managed to get some loose bits organised a little better.

https://i.imgur.com/RsipHJh.jpg

Bits box 1!

Top row: DA legs, servo skulls, regular legs, vehicle bits, iconography (anything with wings, basically)

Middle row: DA backpacks, regular backpacks, banner poles, scout bits (forgot they were there), stuff (pouches, grenades, purity seals, etc)

Bottom row: boltguns with arms, boltguns/pistols (some really old bolters in there!), bolter arms, special weapons, heavy weapons/arms (metal & plastic)

https://i.imgur.com/7B9sz7c.jpg

Bits box 2!

Top row: bare heads, DA helmets, generic helmets, a couple of bits from other races, bits I need to give to a mate, some bits I can't place, some bodies I need to move

Middle row: CCW arms (left and right), a RW banner thing, plastic scout pieces

Bottom row: DA torso front/back, generic torso front, generic torso back, a single jump pack, DA shoulder pads, generic shoulder pads, not sure (knives apparently?)

All in all it's taken about forever to do, but I'm happy enough. =]

Edited by pawl

TITH (to be slightly more accurate, in the last 24 hours in the hobby), I;

Painted and based a Myphitic Blight Hauler

Painted and based a 10 man squad of Chaos Cultists

Painted the skin of 62 poxwalkers

Painted the demon flesh on 2 Foetid bloat drones

I’m getting very close to finishing the entire Death Guard side of Conquest magazine now. And I got a LOT of duplicate issues of Conquest.

Pretty much all I have left to finish is 2 Bloat Drones which are half done, 2 chaos spawn which I need to start over on (I was using them to test various contrast paints, a little wet blending using contrast etc). And just a small blob of 62 poxwalkers. So only 66 models.

Yesterday I made some really solid progress on my Blood Angels project.
The first squad is nearly done.

med_gallery_3442_16212_312707.jpg

med_gallery_3442_16212_401810.jpg
I'm repainting my Primaris army. Red should really pop against the dirty blue uniforms of my IG army I'm working on.
That smoke came out really well, super happy with it.

So I've been stuck on what to work on for my Templars with the whole 9th launch, and the likely incoming of a new Marine codex (plus most of the army I know I want being in the Indomitus box I'm waiting on) I decided to do something different. Something yellow.

Something Xenos.

So I bought the Eldar Apoc box that has a bunch of Wraith stuff for an Iyanden army (because if I'm going to play heretical xenos witches they might as well be heretical xenos necromancer witches), and then did some light conversions to Eldrad so he could be a special Farseer for the army for Crusade, or just so he stands out as a proper Warlord next to other Farseers:

Jj4VzQF.png

It's one of three major projects I'm doing this edition (Templars, and a Chaos Knights army to go with a Chaos Reaver Titan I've yet to build), and I won't be doing any metal on any of the models. Haven't decided how insane I want to be when it comes to the gems (namely if I want to paint all the nodes as gems too), but at minimum I want to push the one braincell I've got to not just grab metallic paints and do some interesting stuff with the models instead. 

Finally managed to get a coat of Testors on my Agressors & Redemptor after it came in the post this morning. Varnishing through my airbrush was just too long winded for me.

Also managed to get some mock ups done of my Veteran Intercessor squad. Still need a lot of clean up and gap filling. Excuse the missing shoulder pad, I was working on a way to get it attached to the sergeants arm.

Feels so good to be making hobby progress again!

50097022246_dfee4ae3e9_b.jpg

50097021991_d82b953463_b.jpg

I started work on a spreadsheet of all the known blast weapons vs horde units so I can have a definite mathhammer visual on what blasts really do to maxed out horde units.

Yesterday I made some really solid progress on my Blood Angels project.

The first squad is nearly done.

med_gallery_3442_16212_312707.jpg

med_gallery_3442_16212_401810.jpg

I'm repainting my Primaris army. Red should really pop against the dirty blue uniforms of my IG army I'm working on.

That smoke came out really well, super happy with it.

Nice, thats basically OG doomguy, love it. Rip and tear until it is done! :devil:

Went online to find a Space Marine Codex and found out everybody is out of stock.

I mean, you might want to wait considering a new edition is about to roll out and space marines are generally one of the first codices to drop in a new edition

Edited by The_Chaplain

cBHmXu6.jpg

So I did a color test to see if I could use some Slaaneshi purple-greys to undershade before glazing with Iyanden Yellow.

Short answer is yes, yes you can. Long answer is that I need to smooth my blending (looks like a reason to practice loaded brush), transition the lightest grey into Wraithbone, and then transition that into white to really make the color pop before applying the Iyanden in much thinner layers for smoothness.

You know, I think most people don't make painting yellow this complicated.

[snip]

You know, I think most people don't make painting yellow this complicated.

:laugh.: I certainly wouldn't! It is neat to see your progress, though! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I'll be repainting it now that I have a better feel for it, though starting with his robes proper and working from there.

I've always been a bit on an idiot who wanted the yellow to have more going on that what I could achieve and I'm finally happy with how the shadows look. Now I just need to work on smoothness, blending and thinner glazes.