Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH disaster struck as I bent the needle on my new Sotar 20/20 ordered a replacement from the USA but not sure how long that’ll take to get here.

Ouch! Didn't it only turn up a couple of days ago?
Yep Monday mate.

How expensive a mistake was it?

$8 for the needle and $14.50 for shipping turned out to be about £22 in real money mate. 

First Maynarkh test model done. I am now ready for Indomitus...:biggrin.:

Do you have any pictures of the test model or any good reference images you based it on? I was going to paint mine as Maynarkh and I'm searching for references before indomitus arrives.

TITH I finished putting together my last box if Battle Sisters - split a previously built squad of 10 to 2x5, plus made 2x5 out of this box, so I ended up having to build three Sister Superiors, six Storm Bolter gunners, and one basic Sister.

EDIT: grammar fixes

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

TITH, I used my airbrush for something other than a base coat for the first time. Quite happy with the effects so far!

gallery_141590_15861_663137.jpg

And you should be happy with the result- that gradient is gorgeous! The harlequin diamond pattern is shaping up well too Edited by The_Chaplain

YITHI Learned that I didn't actually manage to pre order indomitus on the initial release after all :censored:

TITHI Manageed to get it for 20 % off on the made to order, Fingers crossed it arrives before christmas.

Tomorrow I plan on just going through all my paints and seeing what needs resupply as I've almost been reduced to painting eldar (shudders):wink:  the day after that it's some more terrain making and a painting session with the niece and nephew they'll be painitng smurfs (nephew) and genestealers (niece, I gave her free choice and that's what she picked out):unsure.:

YITH - I started priming the next squad of armigars and damaging the armour. Also got a little fluff for this squad. I'm making them the jocks on the group, so they are rougher on their units than others. I'll have more details later.

TITH I failed my mini hobby goal. I made some good progress on the Custodes terminators but didn’t complete them in the week timeframe I set. Leather, gems, grenade launcher casing and gold highlights still remain. Spent a little while on the power weapons tonight, pretty happy with them given I sketched these and didn’t do any real blending. 

eoPWHt6l.jpg

tbeSs23.jpgl

What is a today? What are days? What is time? There is only the hobby and being within it, but outside of time, because time has no meaning right now...

VhflrOn.png

At some point in the previous days that have now all blended together I completed this progress in my autonomous AdMech army. Still one last round of decals, details, and touch-ups, to complete, but the end is so very close... before beginning the next project. The Omnissiah provides motive and inspiration, that I might be compelled to obey. *Binaric chatter*

What is a today? What are days? What is time? There is only the hobby and being within it, but outside of time, because time has no meaning right now...

At some point in the previous days that have now all blended together I completed this progress in my autonomous AdMech army. Still one last round of decals, details, and touch-ups, to complete, but the end is so very close... before beginning the next project. The Omnissiah provides motive and inspiration, that I might be compelled to obey. *Binaric chatter*

Whoa. This is something else - all your custom parts are wonderful (if perhaps HERETEK).

TITH I photographed my Twelve Months of Hobby July vow: two Preachers/Missionaries/Priests for my Order of the Iron Veil, and three Eliminators "Witchfinder Squad Pulsifer" for my Black Templars.

OxvAmaZ.jpg

FL8hU1s.jpg

v3kDZ0E.jpg

YiTHI hit a new milestone for my Imperial Knights. They now have their transfers and they are now fully assembled. Here we go...

Decal1

Decal2mod

Decal3

Decal2 1

Decal2 2

Decal2 5

Closeup1

Very pleased. I got some help from Scumb4g Kustoms to get the heraldry redesigned and suitable for transfer usage. I still need to varnish and weather the models but I'm happy with them right now.

Edited by Magos Takatus

TITHI have done nothing more than open the door for the postman.

- Indomitus arrived from GW with the objective markers and coin.

- Asterion Moloc and Ivanus Enkomi arrived from FW - despite me putting the wrong shipping address in during checkout, so massive thanks to the lady on reception at Warhammer World on Wednesday when I rang up.

- Chapter Approved, the Crusade journal, the Open War Cards, the Combat Gauge and the new Necron paints arrived from Firestorm Games.

- 3 sets of Brass Etched Minotaurs Chapter symbols arrived from eBay.

Can’t wait for my week off work at the start of August, plenty to get through now.

Today in the Hobby, I got to converting every single one of he Indomitus Primaris models:

Lieutenant:
YZCItre.jpg

pXlkicF.jpg

Master:

mB0nZlP.jpg

vBnOnYY.jpg

Judiciar:

OOPV9QF.jpg

Assault Intercessors (primed them as soon as I got home as I built them in the shop):
nBCb1Bo.jpg

4lCdPE1.jpg

The most heavily converted Assault Intercessor:
VaLzUO3.jpg

Eradicators:

JwGdgH7.jpg

Outriders (need another set of the Ravenwing Upgrade frame to finish the fairings on the other two bikes):
ayrvPhH.jpg

The Bladeguard and Bladeguard Ancient are built, but am waiting on some Deathwing shoulder pads (I ordered from the Reliquary on Shapeways from our own Ezr91aeL). The Chaplain is also waiting on a head.

EDIT: Found the Chaplain's head:

TGKtmEa.jpg

AfazHw4.jpg

spfQRVO.jpg

Edited by Gederas

TITHI finally finished clipping all the terrain pieces from about seven years of accumulation.

Now to just clean, glue, prime, and paint it all... :lol:

Just in time for the release of some new terrain...