Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Sometimes it needs a better cleaning than just a field clean. I have an Iwata HP CS, and there's this internal nozzle that is usually the culprit when it starts doing that. So take that down, and make sure those areas are cleaned out, as paint builds up there and will obstruct it.

And as said above, if thinning a paint that isn't an air paint, put thinner in first, then paint, or premix outside the cup.

TITHI got the first set of pieces I'm hoping to duplicate or use on the breastplates in place of all the same damn skull aquilas on the Primaris (seriously GW, even the original Tactical Squad plastic from 3rd Edition had more variety) cleaned and prepped to sit in the Blue Stuff to mold - really looking forward to having some increased Wolf appearance on my Primaris Marine squads.

TiTH I continued my eternal procrastination on painting.

...but I made a little box to hold 5 marines in whilst I'm not painting them, yeah?

200916_hobby_box.JPG?raw=1

I still need to trim the overhand and rout the edges, but I realise with horror that look at my woodworking in the same way as my miniature painting; all I see is the mistakes.

TITH I finished three Ravenwing Black Knights that were sitting mostly finished.

I made some progress painting some Angels of Absolution intercessors as well.

I also started painting a Mars pattern predator for my HH DA, along with working on some backstory for it and its crew.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

TBR those Star weavers are stunning. You should be really proud of what you've done there :thumbsup:

YITH I got started on another 10 Phobos marines and painted up the base for my apothecary. Leather and washes to do before I matte varnish them. 

49 Complete

11 WIP 

65 Remaining 

6VXpNzK.jpg

TITH (actually about 11pm yesterday though to 2am today - hadnt planned to do so much) I built the remaining 2 sprues of genestealers from space hulk, 2009 version that has been in the loft for 8+ years since moving house. I also popped out all the card and put the Feldherr foam and tray into the box. Today (I hope) I plan to build the terminators so I at least have everything playable and painting can follow.

Today I did the eyes on 18 SM Assault marines for my UM Fourth company.   Now I just have to do paint touch up to all 20 figures.   I have 6 tactical squads in different stages for the Fourth company.    Also packed and shipped 15 metal terminators I sold on Ebay.   I had not used them in 10 years or so.     I have been selling off SM metal stuff that I painted a long time ago and no longer want.   

Still have not finished my fifth company command squad.   I have a mental block i guess.    :yes: :wallbash: :furious:

TITH I purchased space hulk: deathwing on the PS4. Played it for about 30mins before deciding it was poop then deleted it.

I heard a lot of complaints about that game's optimization, and not much else. Shame because that trailer was awesome.

It seemed very clunky and the buttons hardly responded to what I was doing. I can’t play games like that. It was only £10 but if it’d been more I’d of not been happy 

TITH I finished painting, basing and doing decals on 5 intercessors for some Angels of Absolution, 5 blood claws for my Space Wolves and 5 MK III for HH Space wolves. Got a lot across the finish line today, good to see them done.

6M3xu8s.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Today In The Hobby I... have begun collecting a Genestealer Cult army.

I have:

the Start Collecting box

a Broodcoven box

a box of Neophyte Hybrids

a box of Genestealers

a Kelermorph

and the female Magus blister

I'm thinking this might be an interesting new project.