Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

After an absolute marathon this past week, I've finally finished my Bladeguard from Indomitus. SOOOOO much edge highlighting, freehand and general other fiddly work. Just a few little finishing touches, and then I'll be able to take some nice photos of them.

It's been a bit of a slog, but I love the models and am so pleased with how they look - I'll definitely be getting more come the multipart kit.

Today I finished* building a unit of plaguemarines and cracked open another box of them. That's two squads of 7 built*, two more on the way, and a couple of individuals scattered about in various states of conversion that I haven't found the perfect bitz for yet. 5/7 blightlords are built* too, with 7 more lined up. Getting there slowly and inexorably, as Nurgle intended.

(* in sub-assemblies)

Today my Mechanicus army received another bloody (oily?) nose fighting my friend's Tyranids. I had almost driven them off by turn 5 but they stuck to the objectives and won the game on points. Really fun game. Here's a few pictures. 

Bat 01

Bat 10

Bat 11

Bat 12

Bat 15

Bat 17

Bat 19

I picked these ones at random but there's a few others in my log in the Mechanicus section. It's not a proper battle report, more a highlight reel as I remembered random parts of the battle.

TITHI picked up the newest Getting Started magazine when I went to grab a couple of paints.

It’s a LOT like the Warhammer Conquest magazine series, in both content and formatting. I’d be very surprised if there isn’t another Conquest style magazine at the end of the current AoS mag (something everyone was saying, but it’s really obvious looking inside the getting started mag)

I also pretty much finished up my test Reivers for the Minotaurs (just need another layer of paint on the base rim and some decals now) and I’m starting to drill gun barrels and get 30 odd Intercessors ready for priming.

TITHI started edge highlighting my Canoptek Reanimator. 

on an unrelated note if anyone sees bits of NTaW's frame and/or melta lying around the Tombs, I assure you I had nothing to do with it

YITH the little one slept through my shifts, so I got time to paint. I spruced up some old marines to make them fit my new force and I got 20 marines ready for the the varnish stage. The fact that this sort of worked made me beyond happy as it means that I should be able to expand the force with minimal effort/cost. 

70 complete (+5 Upgraded Models)

20 WIP (+19 Upgraded Models)

30 Remaining 

8QjzW3S.jpg

Cassius -  complete 

Up9RvkI.jpg

Tyranic Vets - Complete

NfJrkYD.jpg

10 Hellblasters; 10 Intercessors; 4 Assassins and 5 Smash captains - WIP Varnish stage

JMWIqFh.jpg

Various Marines - Basing to do, then moving on to the varnish stage. All metal work to be redone and swords to be redone. 

Edited by MrSpoon

Today I base coated 10 of my UM tactical squad shoulder pads I got from Shapeway store.    Also finally finished touch up paint work on 20 UM Assault marines for my fourth company.   Also found where I put a box of assault marines parts.   It looks like I can build another 30 to 40 assault marines.    I will do one 10 man squad without the jump packs eventually.  Now is time to do 6 squads of tactical marines, 2 squads of devastors and the command squad figures.   For some reason I hate painting some of the command squad figures     Will incorporate a few figures with mechanical arms and legs for variety from Iron Hands sets I boufght from Forgeworld.      :biggrin.: :yes: :laugh.: :FA: :Troops: :HS: :HQ:        

This week in the hobby I have completed some intercessors, tweaked some old models and have been painting power swords!

90 complete (+8 Upgraded Models)

WIP (+16 Upgraded Models)

30 Remaining

@redrandy. From memory it was based white, then I used the new gw necron technical paint, highlighting up with some very thin warp stone glow and hen some thinned dark green I had on the palette. I’m planning on shooting some more of the necron paint through the airbrush for some super basic osl. Also I recommend dry brushing the final step with the two darker greens, the blends are a bit wonky in real life, dry brushing would eliminate that!

dQTh6S7.jpg

5KrPJNw.jpg

un30de2.jpg

5ZwATvP.jpg

Today in the hobby I learned that Screaming Bell is supposed to be metallic and not just really red like my previous pictures and, uh, all of my sisters so far. Good thing I've been slathering on Hashut Copper over them all I suppose.

dIEXaE5.jpg?2

Retributor Superior Kara is complete today as well, however, and looking nice in my admittedly biased opinion.

Today I received a package from GW with Ashes of Prospero book, Primaris Impulsor, castellan green and loren forest.     Still working on two squads of tactical marines and a command squad.     Did finish 2 squads of assault marines last week.   :yes: :biggrin.: :smile.: