Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Still slowly pulling myself out of my hobby rut I fell down, only built a Klaivex and Drazhar today.

Also, I never noticed how a Primaris looks next to a Drukhari (nice and chunky):

bw1FB1g.jpg

Been trying to do at least a couple models a day to work on fixing my hobby rut (and I recommend it if you need to work on your pile of shame but are lacking motivation), though I haven't gotten any painting done yet.

Edited by Fulkes

Keep up the good work, Fulkes. :tu:

Thanks! I'm working on curating the content I read online as well since I found I can be dragged back into that downward spiral if I read too much salt, but I'm just happy making progress.

Settled on an idea to base the Drukhari color scheme off of an Idoneth Deepkin one for Dom-Haim which should pop nicely with greys and greens for the armour set over a win red cloth. Thinking of fluffing up the army as Drukhari that have left the Dark City for one reason or another so they soend most of their time in real space with the goal of finding or siezing a Craftworld to turn into a city their own.

Marines are Templar through and through though, though I plan on trying some stuff to try and make the armour pop a bit (plus order transfers later this week) and splash a little yellow into the scheme reminiscent of the 2nd ed Templar art by Blance and do yellow weapon casings. Still deciding on a Crusade badge though.

gallery_100761_15439_191247.jpeg

gallery_100761_15439_209728.jpeg

Spawn was started a few days ago, but I usually have to do a bit, leave it a day for the glue to reeally dry (as I continue to mangle it the joins should be solid)

Possessed was one nights work, happy with results so far. Now to let it dry for another pass tomorrow~

Ordered the 60?! 32mm imperialis bases from rural quebec... (no toronto company had it and possessed box at 15 off)

I have now finished my Space Wolf Bladeguard Veterans and I am pretty pleased with how they have turned out. They hit the balance I was looking for of being definitely wolfy whilst still being recognizably BG veterans.

med_gallery_82363_15236_230231.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_230231.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_142277.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_142277.jpg

TITH I assembled the Primaris apocathery, Lt Calcius and the terminator librarian that was released a few months back. Gave them all deathwatch shoulder pads. The apocathery has a Raven Guard shoulder pad and I’m think either Hawk Lords or Rift Stalkers for him. Calcius has Ultramarines shoulder pad due to him being blinged out in Capital U insignia and the terminator Libby I’ve not decided on which chapter he’s coming from although his staff has a bloody capital U as part of it so he’ll probably be Ultras as well. 

Brothers I finally finished another UM Tactical squad.   That makes it 3 done and 3 more tactical squads  to go for  the company I am working on.    Already did the 2 assault squads and   

have part of the two devastor squads done too.    the command squad will be a while before I do that.   :yes: :biggrin.: :smile.: :Troops: :Troops: :Troops:

Edited by Redrandy93

YITH I got my painting station setup in the new house. I did some tweaking of a few models and Guiliman in a nearly finished state. His base just needs varnishing with ultra matte but the airbrush and associated kit is 4 boxes deep in the garage with no where to use it.

TITH I finished my Dialogus and started a Mistress of Repentance - determined to get my "Seriously" vow complete for all 12mths of this year.

Given I'm no longer going to be able to see family this Christmas, and the GF and I will just be staying at home, I wouldn't be surprised if I manage to get Tariana Palos done before year's end, too. Photos to follow once I've finished all the Sisters I'm going to manage to do this year.

Guest MistaGav

Finally got round to building the two Gladiator tanks that I've had since they came out. Still not sure whether to try and magnetise to switch them into impulsors or just glue the top hatch on shut and leave as is. I already have an Impulsor anyway so no huge loss.

Today in the hobby, I took a few pics of my second skyweaver squad. I declared these done just over a week ago, but with no sun, had to break out my own lights.

More pics in my Harlequins gallery. Thanks for looking.

Those are unbelievable! From your gallery IMO your skill at doing these canopies has grown immensely.

I'd also point out the Thousand Sons gallery link is broken in your sig (for me at least)

Put a little work into this guy last night, still building the armour up to grey so I can shade it with black and make it feel properly Black Templar. Base is untextured atm because I'm still deciding on what I want the base to be:

Not in a massive hurry to finish him though as I'm waiting on transfers to really finish him.

9j8pfxo.png