Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

That marbling looks fantastic, do you do kitchen tiles too, mine need some touching up :biggrin.:?

Don't tell anybody but it is easy to do! I painted all the panels on these chaps in about 2 hours and then it has just been an hour here and there to get them to this stage. I only started painting them on New Years eve. 

I have now finished my Space Wolf Bladeguard Veterans and I am pretty pleased with how they have turned out. They hit the balance I was looking for of being definitely wolfy whilst still being recognizably BG veterans.

med_gallery_82363_15236_230231.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_230231.jpg

med_gallery_82363_15236_142277.jpg

gallery_82363_15236_142277.jpg

Nice work, Though I would have tried to make the power swords a slightly different color so it pops a little more from the body

Nice work, Though I would have tried to make the power swords a slightly different color so it pops a little more from the body

A good point. It looks great on my Blood Angels but slightly less dramatic on the Space Wolves. Mind you, the studio models go for the same effect.

WolfLordMini7th.jpg

A good point. It looks great on my Blood Angels but slightly less dramatic on the Space Wolves. Mind you, the studio models go for the same effect.

Ohh That follow-up pic with the yellow osl for the runes is a pleasant off color. I'll have to keep it in mind.

First finished models of the year.

VI Assault Intercessors

These took an abnormally long time, for some reason I'm finding that I just can't focus on painting regular Tacticus armour boys for much longer than about an hour at a time. Common wisdom is that Marines are easy to paint, but I find that they do still have plenty of fiddly details, and because they're so cleanly designed, they demand very neat brush work.

Very proud how these turned out, though, probably the best single squad I've ever painted.

TITH I wrote a tutorial on how to paint marble effects. https://www.reddit.com/r/adeptustitanicus/comments/krjqsv/quick_marble_tutorial/

@Vermintide that red is stunning. If I was to really nit pick, I would say put some agrax wash on the Aquila's, it would really make them pop. But they are great, you should be really proud. 

TiTHI assembled my Land Raider Achilles. It's been waiting patiently since about 2012-ish for its time to come. I have heard horror stories about Forge World upgrade kits but this went together really smoothly. I assembled one of the sponsons and am starting to wonder how on earth I'm going to paint it now. Still, pleased with the result, I just need to fill a few gaps (mainly plastic-to-plastic rather than plastic-to-resin surprisingly)

I'm going to be leaning into my space marine army since my decals from Scumb4g Kustoms arrived today. I might be threatening to spam a blog in the space marine forum soon.

Edited by Magos Takatus

Today I finally finished 2 more squads of Tactical Ultra Marines  for my 4TH UM Company.      I still have one more tactical squad to do, 2 squads of Devastors and the command squad.

I painted enough Ultra marine Symbol shoulder pads I ordered from Shapeways many months ago to finish the company.     When I check my stash of Shapeway items i bought I see I also have enough shoulder pads to do another full tactical company.     Will probably do it as the Third company.  :biggrin.: :yes: :Troops:   

Today I won 2 boxes of Tactical Space marines on Ebay at fair prices.    With the items I already have I have enough SM to do a full third company.   :biggrin.: :yes: :Troops: .

Also redid some SM I built some time ago so I can finish off the last Tactical Squad  for my Fourth UM company.     Then to do the two devastor squads and Command Squad.   may take a break from SM and build some 1/48 Scale M1A1 Abrams tank I have in my pile.

Today in the Hobby, I cleaned off the birthday present a friend of mine gave me back in October. It wasn't wrapped, and it wasn't new. But man oh man, was I happy to get it!

0Zp6DWK.jpg

BGFRkrC.jpg

bplkAx2.jpg

Yup! The original Space Marine game, with all the terrain (including cardboard panels!) and several mostly complete marine sprues. My Legio Ignatum are going to have some Imperial Fists on their bases.

YiTHI battled with my airbrush to undercoat my Land Raider Achilles and discovered to my horror that I had glued the door with the ladder on it upside down. I'll have to shave off the details, fill in the gaps and try to add something decorative to the panel to hide the stupidity. :p

First session of Deathwatch was lastnight.

Though it was a “rolling up” session I tried to inject settings straight away, so I had them making their way to their dormitories, storing armour for repainting etc then meditating/praying etc. Their characters are then “locked” at this point while they rolled up stats.

Had some fantastic combos of armour and talents all syncing up and a natural leader seems to be coming out.

Currently the squad is:

Ultramarines Tyrannic War Veteran

Dark Angels Devastator

Minotaurs Assault Marine

White Scars Storm Seer

Blood Angels Assault Marine

Captain Idaho is the Ultramarine. :)

Next week they’ll awaken from their meditation rituals, their armour will have been changed to Deathwatch and they’ll meet their peers.

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus