Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
10023 replies to this topic

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,791 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37

Update on the 1st session of Operation "Hells Maw" a Deathwatch campaign:

BCC's "Operation: Hells Maw" campaign progress - + Roleplaying Games + - The Bolter and Chainsword

BCC

BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,529 posts

TITH... I'm back-ish. Still need to pick up new brushes - I asked for some over Christmas, but alas, all I got was detail brushes. Hardly the kind of thing you can paint a small army of Unforgiven with - it'd take too long! I'll also need to make a paint run - there's some GW paints that are mandatory for me to pick up if I'm going to be doing any painting at all, if only to maintain consistent basing schemes across my Imperium models - but I'm researching and picking at the models I've already got. As a bit of a teaser for what I've been up to in the meantime...

ravenwing.png

The Apothecary in the middle on the weird base is a resin-printed guy off Thingiverse - until/unless we get a Primaris Biker Apothecary datasheet, he's counts-as, but it's fine. He's meant to ride with the Outriders, two of which are using Incursor helmets; the third is using a spare Eliminator helmet. Not my best build or paint work, but they'll certainly do - I had fun with them, even though two of the Outriders have very, very conspicuous cracks down the center of their bikes from where I couldn't quite get them to line up correctly. It's fine, though. I'll be working on the rest of Indomitus (I know I'm late on this) whenever I get sufficient brush to do it; the Novokh Dynasty and the Dark Angels alike will be joining the grand list of armies I own whenever I get around to it.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists & Flesh Tearers

50851331693_a51814fba8_c.jpg[

Managed to get my first FT Termy Hero painted up after a while off the wagon. Really made me hope beyond hope for a new Terminator kit soon, or maybe even some sort of Primaris version that isn't Gravis. Love these sculpts.

• Doghouse, Focslain, The Blood Raven and 6 others like this

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,977 posts

Fantastic work on that Terminator. :tu:

• viewasjack likes this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,761 posts

I saw that Terminator on Reddit this morning. Excellent stuff mate.

• viewasjack likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,660 posts

TITHI fired up my airbrush setup for the first time. Managed to do a quick test paint on the first model for my Emperor's Spears....

And then I realized I need to get some plumbers tape so the compressor doesn't leak constantly :lol:

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

50855090503_5cbe5eaf57_c.jpg

50855899212_48009b56b1_c.jpg

Managed to get two more Tearers done from my Terminator squad. Had The Hunger audiobook on whilst painting. The screams of Harahel ripping through Genestealers really helped with motivation haha!

• Doghouse, Focslain, The Blood Raven and 4 others like this

Instagram - viewasjack

Sky Potato

Sky Potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Catachan
TITH I received some serious reinforcements for my Minotaurs, in shape of the Interdiction Force and the Vanguard Start Collecting box. This pretty much completes my Phobos Company - less some characters that will need converting, like a Phobos Chaplain, Apothecary, Techmarine & maybe an Ancient.
  • Doghouse likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,977 posts

Managed to get two more Tearers done from my Terminator squad. Had The Hunger audiobook on whilst painting. The screams of Harahel ripping through Genestealers really helped with motivation haha!

Seriously knocking it out of the park with those guys, nice work! :tu:

• viewasjack likes this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,761 posts

I managed to find a Primaris Techmarine online last week and TITH it turned up. It’s getting seconded to the deathwatch once I’ve built the little beauty. 

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Finished my Dark Vengeance box. Converted the bikes to Black Knights. This is my first army after almost a 20 year hiatus, so I’m feeling right proud of myself. 750 points took me 3.5 months to build and paint. I have almost 2,500 more in the pile of shame now. I’m fully back into this and loving it. Hope to play a lot more in 2021. 9th edition looks super fun.

gallery_196892_16670_161098.jpeg
  • Focslain, Magos Takatus, battle captain corpus and 1 other like this

SvenIronhand

SvenIronhand

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Ultramarines

Bought some bits for my Squats. Going to make a Scion Squad - or rather, an Ironbreaker Squad - with them. 

-2 Einherjar Sprues. I mostly needed these for the bodies.

-Hot Shot Lasguns and backpacks.

Rodden

Rodden

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Today I finished the book False Gods and already started Galaxy in Flames. Hope to finish it by Friday, so I can start painting my Primaris Intercessors during the weekend.

Reading the lore is pushing me to finish my first unit of Primaris Intercessors. :)
  • battle captain corpus likes this

MrSpoon

MrSpoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts

Yesterday in the hobby I attempted to prime an AT Warlord Titan; I ran out of my normal supply of primer but I found an old bottle which I tried to use. After 2 hours of swearing at my airbrush for constantly clogging I gave up. 

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,791 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37

Finished my Dark Vengeance box. Converted the bikes to Black Knights. This is my first army after almost a 20 year hiatus, so I’m feeling right proud of myself. 750 points took me 3.5 months to build and paint. I have almost 2,500 more in the pile of shame now. I’m fully back into this and loving it. Hope to play a lot more in 2021. 9th edition looks super fun.

gallery_196892_16670_161098.jpeg

bigtrouble: Man they look amazing! Very cool buddy! I've lost count of how many times I had to paint this boxed set and this brings back some great memories! Such a nice backbone to a collection!

BCC

• bigtrouble likes this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Vermintide

Vermintide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Necrons

And now for something completely different: Finished up a big bunch of 'crons I've been neglecting for far too long.

Nightbringer and Friends

Had Nightbringer and those six Destroyers sat around since roughly June last year. I found the new Warriors are so utterly hateful to assemble, I only had the patience to build the six I'd need to bolster each phalanx up to 15 bots; but you can never have too many scarabs. Still, probably one of the biggest painting projects I've tackled in a single batch.

• Focslain likes this

"The Black Library is not lore."

Arch-Magos Mordekai Holatas

Bringer of Sacred Light
5113903.M39

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts

TiTHI finished taking photos of my Indomitus Chaplain, with a bit of help from the Darren Latham face tutorial. Very pleased with the result.

Chaplain2 1
Chaplain2 2
Chaplain2 3
Chaplain2 4
Chaplain2 5

I also used a magnifying headset thingy to get a better view of the model while painting. I found it a lot easier to see what I'm doing. Reading glasses are nice, but this comes with a small light as well. I just wish it was more comfortable to wear.

Let me know what you think of the model and aspects I could improve.

• The Blood Raven, viewasjack and MrSpoon like this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,761 posts

TITH I managed to find a box of inceptors after trawling through about 50 online shops and I also found a box of terminators for £15 on FB marketplace brand new in the box so snapped them up. I think my Deathwatch has enough miniatures now. 

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,187 posts
  • Faction: Renegade-ish Marines and Nids

TITH after a long while I painted a marine again. I finally worked up the courage to paint skin/faces:

kJ7rL4Ph.jpg

• Axineton and MrSpoon like this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,919 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
TITHI finished base coating all of my Hounds of Morkai unit (images in my Drakeslayers SW thread) and started in on the shading - it's nice to have progress!
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

50862663782_fc23809cfd_c.jpg

TITH managed to finish up another Terminator. Brother Feurran, the series 2 hero with the assault cannon, but with a simple arm swap to make him more fitting of a Flesh Tearer. Sorry if I'm spamming the thread a little with these Terminators, just the sergeant left! I also managed to prime five Incursors and the Chaplain from Indomitus for my Death Company when I get around to them.

• Magos Takatus and Maschinenpriester like this

Instagram - viewasjack

MrSpoon

MrSpoon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts

50862663782_fc23809cfd_c.jpg

TITH managed to finish up another Terminator. Brother Feurran, the series 2 hero with the assault cannon, but with a simple arm swap to make him more fitting of a Flesh Tearer. Sorry if I'm spamming the thread a little with these Terminators, just the sergeant left! I also managed to prime five Incursors and the Chaplain from Indomitus for my Death Company when I get around to them.

Do not apologise, I love seeing your work. It's called today in the hobby for a reason. 

I don't know about you, but I find seeing others progress highly motivating, along with posting my own. 

• viewasjack likes this

Sky Potato

Sky Potato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 261 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Catachan
Yeah, don’t apologise for those guys, they’re awesome!

I saw in your thread in the BA forum that you’re using a base of Gal Vorbak red - what are you shading the Gal Vorbak with? Nuln Oil?

Edit to add what I’ve done today in the hobby

TITH I took delivery of a squad of Contekar Terminators from FW, and got some magnets and movement trays from Mini Mag Tray. So this afternoon I’m going to dig my hot glue gun out of the garage and start sticking magnets to bases.

Edited by Sky Potato, Today, 02:04 PM.

• viewasjack likes this

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

Yeah, don’t apologise for those guys, they’re awesome!

I saw in your thread in the BA forum that you’re using a base of Gal Vorbak red - what are you shading the Gal Vorbak with? Nuln Oil?

Edit to add what I’ve done today in the hobby

TITH I took delivery of a squad of Contekar Terminators from FW, and got some magnets and movement trays from Mini Mag Tray. So this afternoon I’m going to dig my hot glue gun out of the garage and start sticking magnets to bases.

Thanks! I use Nuln Oil/Black Templar in a about a 60/40 split. I find Nuln Oil doesn't quite shade the dark red enough.

• Sky Potato likes this

Instagram - viewasjack

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users