Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI fired up my airbrush setup for the first time. Managed to do a quick test paint on the first model for my Emperor's Spears....

And then I realized I need to get some plumbers tape so the compressor doesn't leak constantly :lol:

TITH I received some serious reinforcements for my Minotaurs, in shape of the Interdiction Force and the Vanguard Start Collecting box. This pretty much completes my Phobos Company - less some characters that will need converting, like a Phobos Chaplain, Apothecary, Techmarine & maybe an Ancient.

Finished my Dark Vengeance box. Converted the bikes to Black Knights. This is my first army after almost a 20 year hiatus, so I’m feeling right proud of myself. 750 points took me 3.5 months to build and paint. I have almost 2,500 more in the pile of shame now. I’m fully back into this and loving it. Hope to play a lot more in 2021. 9th edition looks super fun.

gallery_196892_16670_161098.jpeg

Finished my Dark Vengeance box. Converted the bikes to Black Knights. This is my first army after almost a 20 year hiatus, so I’m feeling right proud of myself. 750 points took me 3.5 months to build and paint. I have almost 2,500 more in the pile of shame now. I’m fully back into this and loving it. Hope to play a lot more in 2021. 9th edition looks super fun.

gallery_196892_16670_161098.jpeg

bigtrouble: Man they look amazing! Very cool buddy! I've lost count of how many times I had to paint this boxed set and this brings back some great memories! Such a nice backbone to a collection!

BCC

And now for something completely different: Finished up a big bunch of 'crons I've been neglecting for far too long.

Nightbringer and Friends

Had Nightbringer and those six Destroyers sat around since roughly June last year. I found the new Warriors are so utterly hateful to assemble, I only had the patience to build the six I'd need to bolster each phalanx up to 15 bots; but you can never have too many scarabs. Still, probably one of the biggest painting projects I've tackled in a single batch.

TiTHI finished taking photos of my Indomitus Chaplain, with a bit of help from the Darren Latham face tutorial. Very pleased with the result.

Chaplain2 1

Chaplain2 2

Chaplain2 3

Chaplain2 4

Chaplain2 5

I also used a magnifying headset thingy to get a better view of the model while painting. I found it a lot easier to see what I'm doing. Reading glasses are nice, but this comes with a small light as well. I just wish it was more comfortable to wear.

Let me know what you think of the model and aspects I could improve.

TITH I managed to find a box of inceptors after trawling through about 50 online shops and I also found a box of terminators for £15 on FB marketplace brand new in the box so snapped them up. I think my Deathwatch has enough miniatures now. 

50862663782_fc23809cfd_c.jpg

TITH managed to finish up another Terminator. Brother Feurran, the series 2 hero with the assault cannon, but with a simple arm swap to make him more fitting of a Flesh Tearer. Sorry if I'm spamming the thread a little with these Terminators, just the sergeant left! I also managed to prime five Incursors and the Chaplain from Indomitus for my Death Company when I get around to them.

50862663782_fc23809cfd_c.jpg

TITH managed to finish up another Terminator. Brother Feurran, the series 2 hero with the assault cannon, but with a simple arm swap to make him more fitting of a Flesh Tearer. Sorry if I'm spamming the thread a little with these Terminators, just the sergeant left! I also managed to prime five Incursors and the Chaplain from Indomitus for my Death Company when I get around to them.

Do not apologise, I love seeing your work. It's called today in the hobby for a reason. 

I don't know about you, but I find seeing others progress highly motivating, along with posting my own. 

Yeah, don’t apologise for those guys, they’re awesome!

I saw in your thread in the BA forum that you’re using a base of Gal Vorbak red - what are you shading the Gal Vorbak with? Nuln Oil?

Edit to add what I’ve done today in the hobby

TITH I took delivery of a squad of Contekar Terminators from FW, and got some magnets and movement trays from Mini Mag Tray. So this afternoon I’m going to dig my hot glue gun out of the garage and start sticking magnets to bases.

Edited by Sky Potato

Yeah, don’t apologise for those guys, they’re awesome!

I saw in your thread in the BA forum that you’re using a base of Gal Vorbak red - what are you shading the Gal Vorbak with? Nuln Oil?

Edit to add what I’ve done today in the hobby

TITH I took delivery of a squad of Contekar Terminators from FW, and got some magnets and movement trays from Mini Mag Tray. So this afternoon I’m going to dig my hot glue gun out of the garage and start sticking magnets to bases.

Thanks! I use Nuln Oil/Black Templar in a about a 60/40 split. I find Nuln Oil doesn't quite shade the dark red enough.

Since I finished book 3 of Horus Heresy yesterday. Today I ordered my first Codex ever: the Space Marine. :)

With that, I also helped a great local store that is closed due to the lockdown. They are only "open" for deliveries and curb side pickups.

Anyways, ordered at 10am today, got my codex Space Marines, a couple of extras citadel paints and skulls at 13:00. I'm supporting local hobby stores as much as possible.

@Rodden: aaaaaaah man that's an awesome first Codex as they go! Its HUGE and plenty of great hobby right there!

@viewasjack: .........don't apologise at all buddy, those are some of the nicest Flesh Tearers Terminators I've seen for a very long time!

I wrote up my latest Deathwatch RPG session today and may well crack open a box of something to assemble as well:

BCC's "Operation: Hells Maw" - Page 2 - + Roleplaying Games + - The Bolter and Chainsword

BCC

Edited by battle captain corpus

Cheers! It's Kantor Blue, shaded with Army Painter Dark Tone, then highlighted with Alaitoc blue and finally Hoeth blue. I can't claim any credit for the recipe, as it's almost exactly the same as the Citadel Colour App version Edited by Spaced Hulk