Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

This week in the hobby, I’ve been busy with terrain - I’ve sprayed everything that came with Pariah Nexus and the Conquest magazine series, finishing off 6 cans of spray (mostly empty to start off with, but still...). The Ryza ruins are completely finished, although I’m considering making an MDF base for them. Everything that got sprayed silver has had a heavy wash with Gloss Nuln Oil as well. I’ve also managed to get some more work done on the command structure of my Primaris Minotaurs, getting 3 captains and 7 lieutenants to a very nearly finished state.

Yesterday in the hobby I ordered Piety & Pain, completely organised my bits boxes, and started painting Uriel Ventris and Gorzag Gitstomper following the YouTube videos.

TITH, I’ve been impulsive, and ordered an Orks start collecting with an extra box of Boyz, a box of MkIII Marines, as well as some Forge World Imperial Fists shoulder pads and transfer sheet. And I might even start assembling some of the grey pile of shame as well today, to try and make space for all that new stuff I’ve just ordered...

I’ve had a really productive hobby week in fairness - I needed to take a week off work or otherwise I’d lose the holiday days, and I’ve used that time well. My credit card is probably less happy with me though, it’s been smashed this weekend.

YITHI put some talassar blue on some of my necron warriors, and discovered I am for all intents and purposes out of Abbadon Black (and almost out of the sacred Nuln Oil). Rectifying this may take a bit, and I think I had best take inventory of the rest of my paints before I do so, just in case.

Today I finally varnished my Pteraxii, fixed them to their bases and got some photos taken. Thank goodness they are finished. On to something a lot less fiddly I think.

IMG 20210324 162948

IMG 20210324 162042

IMG 20210324 162415

IMG 20210324 162345

IMG 20210324 162141

Edited by Magos Takatus

That's a magnificent sight Mr Spoon!

TITH I've started the mamoth task of organising my heresey era Dark Angels into wings and orders with a view to applying the appropriate decals to the ones already painted. At the last count I have about 16k worth so it may take a bit of time!

TITH I started painting some Assault Intercessors for my Emperor's Spears. Trying to get my hobby mojo back.

(I also got some more Gunpla kits, but that's not what this forum is about :laugh.:)

That is another backlog I need to work on once I have the display space.

YiTH I got pictures of my newest knight additions.

20210329 192000[1]

20210329 192109[1]

TITH - I start on my UM heavy intercessors.

TITH I decided given how much I spend on parts and struggling to find exactly what I need while I hunt on ebay that it is time to finally invest in a 3D printer.

Have you made a choice yet? I'm currently using a Photon Mono (2K resolution), but if you can afford the upgrade to the Mono X (4K resolution) it will definitely be worth the upgrade.

Have you made a choice yet? I'm currently using a Photon Mono (2K resolution), but if you can afford the upgrade to the Mono X (4K resolution) it will definitely be worth the upgrade.

I'm looking at the Elegoo Mars (+++Blessed is the Omnissiah+++) 2 at the moment but still researching. 

I'm looking at the Elegoo Mars (+++Blessed is the Omnissiah+++) 2 at the moment but still researching. 

That's a good choice too :tu:

Yithi played against my nephew (he used my deathguard, while i used the custodes around 1650 pts apiece) the battle didn't go well for papa nurgles boys but fun was had, dice were slung and he want's a rematch with me taking the traitorous ones side, fingers crossed i won't be rolling so damn hot for that game‍

Edited by treadhead