as you can see they look relatively light metallic. I have been thinking of modifying that idea.
I could go the metallic route:
1.leadbelcher base, with badab black wash and ironbreaker + runefang highlights, and necron compound dry brushing.)
2.leadbelcher base, with badab black wash and ironbreaker and necron drybrushed highlights.
3. ironbreaker base with badab black wash and runefang and necron drybrushed highlights
my issue with painting with metallics is i got bored of it in the past painting my old DIY steel wyverns with boltgun metal and mithril and chain mail highlighting with badab black wash. so im weary of going down the metallic route again.
here is alternate choices ive come up with:
4. stick with grey tones but in the non-metallic route (mechanicus grey base with badab black wash and dawnstone and admin grey highlights drybrushed)
5.thinking of going a more charcoal-brown route(dryad bark base, devlan mud/badab black wash and charadon granite and stormvermin fur highlights drybrushed).
the shoulder pads i wanted to keep purple. using either:
1. naggorath night base with deamonette hide and xerxes purple highlights drybrushed
2. deamonette hide base with naggorath and xerxes purple highlights drybrushed
3. xerxes purple base with badab black wash
as for robes, the red robes will be:
1. khorne red base, with ogryn flesh/badab black wash and wazdakka red and evil suns scarlet highlights drybrushed
the helmet and backpacks will be:
1. chaos black base with dawnstone and runefang drybrushed highlights
as you can see, I am very undecided and torn on the armor scheme for the body and the shoulder pads. ANY ADVICE PLEASE HELP. Ive been out of painting for a year now. and when i left i was a beginner to begin with due to work and current overseas living (im home for 6 weeks)
Edited by XKhalilX, 29 April 2013 - 03:35 AM.