blood angels unique heresy unit?

Blindhamster

There's a blood elf chariot in the collected visions art book.

While I do love my Blood Elf Paladin, I don't think this is the place to talk about them :P

Blood Angels, however, do have a Chariot-thing in Visions of Heresy and I hope it never sees the light of day, tbh :P

There's a blood elf chariot in the collected visions art book.

While I do love my Blood Elf Paladin, I don't think this is the place to talk about them tongue.png

Blood Angels, however, do have a Chariot-thing in Visions of Heresy and I hope it never sees the light of day, tbh tongue.png

lol and I just quit WoW today as well, must have it on the mind.

There's a blood angels chariot in the collected visions art book.

this will be for all legions, like a jet-trike, no way forgeworld will use a new unit-type just for one legion ...

Speaking of, I just read Signus Daemonicus and I wonder how they will move from "The Emperor said no librarius" to each chapter has a full librarius and its a respected position. But its another story. :)

As I get it there is two special units for each legion. One of them is obviously the sanguinary guard. They will be very close to the one we have from GW. (Fluff says they have bolter on their arm, jumpack, wings, ...). Sure GW has already a SG kit. But they also have templars (and space marines :) ).

The second units? I didn't read enough fluff. They talk about a company of the dead but its an expression about actual dead astartes. So I don't think that there would be death company marines. The black rage hasn't spread enough at this point. The first company seems to be a standard company. The 4th has some 'flesh tearers' brand on it but its not a special company. If they want to use some existing units from codex BA they have some choices, but what would be the point? (Furioso, Baal)

I don't think that it will be terminator units. But if it was, I would see a terminator boarding team to relate with Space Hulk. :)

In the book I was also surprised by the absence of sanguinary priests. We see an apothecarion but he has no spiritual function. So maybe something in this role but it would be after Signus and not during the crusade.

As I get it there is two special units for each legion. One of them is obviously the sanguinary guard. They will be very close to the one we have from GW. (Fluff says they have bolter on their arm, jumpack, wings, ...). Sure GW has already a SG kit. But they also have templars (and space marines smile.png ).

but fluff wise, the SG use their gear from the GC era ;)

Yes that is what I was saying. But the sanguinary guard kit from GW has round knee pads which link it to the MK7 armour. So I'm epecting a slight redesign of the armour to MK4 standard to stay with the same jump pack. The other difference might be no death mask.

Yes that is what I was saying. But the sanguinary guard kit from GW has round knee pads which link it to the MK7 armour. So I'm epecting a slight redesign of the armour to MK4 standard to stay with the same jump pack. The other difference might be no death mask.

Nope, it haven't got any mark designation (and when, it would be MKV armour as every "prototype power armour"). In Fear to Tread, Raldoron is a little bit jealous about the SG's armour, as he only has MK IV armour tongue.png. Also, they used the Deathmasks during the GC msn-wink.gif

• 11 months later...

I can definitely see a veteran assault squad akin to vanguard. After all, back in third edition Blood Angels were the only ones with jump pack vets. I think there will be rules for Sanguinary Guard but no new models, as the Sanguniary Guard armour already supposedly dates from the crusade. A legion contemptor is a shoe in as there are plans to produce these for all 18 legions.

Other than that, maybe minis for a couple of characters? Amit would be a fan favourite and maybe a Sanguinary guard character?

Well they gave Grimnar a sled, whose to say they won't give the Blood Angels a sled too :D

As a blood angels player and fanboy my only reaction to this: would be:

:D

Looking through my 5th edition BA codex I think we will see sanguinary guard. We will hopefully see Azkalleon and the first captain. Maybe we will be lucky and get Amrit?

For a secondary special squad I could see us getting Baal predator, hopefully better then the piece of crap that the 7th edition one is.

I could totally see a rule for sanguinus like this:

Black rage:

If sanguinus is ever killed, then all models with Legion Astartes: Blood angels gain Fearless and Rage for the rest of the game. All models must also consolidate towards the nearest enemy.

Just thinking of blood angels makes me want to start a heresy force for them :(. They were my first ever army back in 5th edition and the 7th edition book made me feel dissappointed. So many choices…

Much Threadomancy... Such wow! :P

Sanguinary guard seem a given, though perhaps taking the chance to change up their wargear a bit? Id like spears but then resin isnt a good material for them :( With the Precedent from the fists we might see Fleshtearers, though thatd be a bit lame having to shoe in a random unit from Amits boys into every army! Tradition implies a Terminator unit of some kind and the Assault cannon fluff links them closely to Terminator Armour development, so maybe a prototype assault terminator unit? Possibly with funky teleporter attack?

The Chariots and Baal Predators are a possibility but kind of lame compared to most Legion special units. Maybe special access like the Ultras and the Damocles? Or an Equipment upgrade for Predator squadrons to make them fast?

I'd anticipate a twist on Sanguinary Guard. There's an argument that they're too similar to their 40k incarnation, but I think a slight twist (akin to the difference between the Ultramarines Evocatii and 40k Honour Guard) could give them a great identity. I'd like to see spears, as they have both Renaissance-era angelic conotations, and would look great.

Blood Angels have an out-of-universe association with Terminator armour, owing to the original Terminator box being in their scheme, and them being so prevalent in Space Hulk, so I'd like to see a Terminator unit. The assault cannon rules in the HH books mention that the weapon is only available to Imperial Fists and Blood Angels, so I think they're a likely candidate.

They're probably the most fitting Legion (alongside the Fists) to receive Indomitus-pattern armour, too; though it's probably more likely they'll get either Tartaros or Cataphracti armour.

I think there might be an outside chance we see a special Destroyer unit for the Blood Angels, given the desperate nature of their 'starring role' (i.e. Terra) and their association with both jump packs and radiation (in-universe through Baal, and out-of-universe with angelic destruction).

Whatever they receive, I expect great things from the FW team. Of all the Legions, Blood Angels deserve the delicate filigree and sculptural beauty that's all but impossible to realise in plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

In mimicry of the WS thread, I decided to make one for the BA. What special units do you want to see? Personally, here's mine:

-Sanguinius (Duh)

-Azkaellon

-Raldoron

-Amit

-And then someone we didn't expect

For units:

-Amit's company psychos

-BA specialized assault squad

-Sanguinary Guard (Almost guaranteed, if we get Azkaellon)

-Jetbike chariot, if it gets a major reworking from that picture I saw

-A mechanized/drop mixed ROW

What do you guys want to see?

Archived