Imperial Fists Deathwatch apothecary (and other artwork)

Badaboom

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/119/1/6/voice_in_the_dark_by_diegogisbertllorens-d63iwru.jpg

Hail, brothers! From time to time, I´m able to show some of my commissions around, and since it´s been a long whiñe since I started a topic here, this is a very good excuse to do it. Hope you like this!

Holy hell.

One nitpick (it's my solemn duty), the bolter arm seems disproportionately small compared to the other, considering it's in the foreground.

But really, there's nothing about this that doesn't make me jealous. Truly awesome stuff. thumbsup.gif

I dont think the arm's problem is in the proportion itself but the perspective, its a bit wonky

the feet look too flat, specially the left foot

those are my two criticisms, great use of color, keep it up

Nice! The colours are great as is the pose, but like others have pointed out the perspective on the right arm seems a bit off along with the way the auspex is being held. I like the lower legs and feet, an improvement on the actual models I think as they always looked a bit too cumbersome.

Indeed great work!

I'm curious, why do the legs, predominantly, but also other parts have a slight tinge of purple?

Some criticism:

I personally don't think the arm looks wrong. It also caught my attention, but then I looked again and realized it looked OK.

I really like some of the details, such as the vials, the light off the backpack, the way all cloth is flying/blowing? in the same direction and the colour palette.

I have to agree that the left foot looks a bit 2D.

I find the angle of the belt buckle, but especially the IF symbol on the yellow buckle to be angled a bit wrongly. It seems flat (i.e. aligned parallel to the canvas) while the body seems to be turned slightly, which looks odd to me. This was one of the areas that grabbed my attention when looking at the picture, and what I got annoyed with. The rest I found looked great.

Lastly, the bolter grip looks to be slightly too far back?

Really awesome! Was this done with a graphics tablet and Photoshop?

Yes, of course! Well, I actually used a Cintiq with this work, but I also work with a normal intuos 3.

About the arm and the bolter, I realized that I uploaded the wrong version of the final image. I´ll upload the right one soon, and I think I corrected those issues.

Never thought about the foot, though...

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/358/2/2/one_more_skull_for_the_throne_by_diegogisbertllorens-d5p14fv.jpg

Well, since the revised version of the Apothecary is not that different (combi-melta instead of bolter and some altered proportions) I thought better to upload another piece of servoarmoured fun. 

Oh you're the chap who drew that Khorne Zerker? I've seen that picture around the interwebs a lot. Great image.

Oh, where have you seen it? I´d love to take a look.

You post one more of these, and I might be forced to pay you to make something awesome for me. Maybe two somethings.

Yes. Definetley two.

Archived