The art of sisters

Dread

Some of my favorites, which have not been posted yet:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Azatoth/Render/Aquila77_WH40K_Bloody_Rose.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Azatoth/4ae8e387eb38a14b3de64ad9ea6e4c63_zps29bd818c.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Azatoth/Characters/1286250675394.jpg

Edited by Azatoth
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

Actually, that "I'll show you hot" was meant to be on the slideshow, lol... and I don't really like the 3d art on the Bloody Rose poster.

Art is like religion, it would be great if all could agree on one. :)

Will not happen anytime soon unfortunatly.

Damn, that "I'll show you hot" was going to be in the selection I'm going to post later on :tongue.: I agree with Miko though, in that I don't really like that 3D art.

I think it's failing the uncanny valley test. It's just a bit unnatural feeling.

Damn, that "I'll show you hot" was going to be in the selection I'm going to post later on :tongue.: I agree with Miko though, in that I don't really like that 3D art.

I think it's failing the uncanny valley test. It's just a bit unnatural feeling.

It kinda reminds me of the two more recent "Appleseed" movies - they look good, but there's something you can't put your finger on that isn't right...

Actually, that "I'll show you hot" was meant to be on the slideshow, lol... and I don't really like the 3d art on the Bloody Rose poster.

Art is like religion, it would be great if all could agree on one. :smile.:

Will not happen anytime soon unfortunatly.

Don't we all agree with the Imperial Creed?

As for the art; there's some really nice ones in here.

Keep up the good work.

Also, maybe I should try drawing again (its only been like 5-6 years since my last piece)...

Well, I guess that's the advantage of most Sisters being trained in either Prioris or Sanctorum. ^^; fewer chances for misinterpretation, although considering that we follow an amalgamation of the Church of the Saviour Emperor and the Confederacy of Light, there's bound to be some confusion in places.

Well I am not sure why rendering is still the adopted child. Of course there some massiv quality difference, but those exist in "normal" art too.

I assume it it is not accepted because people think that it is an easy way to "fake" art, but I assure you that a lot of work is normally invested be it the models or the posing and of course the bane of every render good lighting. Followed by postwork some amazing stuff can be produced.

So just to break my lance for rendering here is an interpretation of a Sister's Powersuit:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Azatoth/Render/adeptusarmor250.jpg

Don't we all agree with the Imperial Creed?

Actually the answer is not, both from an in-universe, both from our point of view. For many persons (most Astartes are an in-universe example) the Imperial creed is a distorted interepretation of the Emperor's words, which, sadly, in most occassions is true. So if we would use the Emperor's words and principles as a "parameter" for judging heresy the Ecclesiarchy is actual the heretic organization. I'm sorry but that's exactly what a logic analysis suggest.

Anyway I have a question about the amazing art posted here.

Do any of you know how they have been created? Hand drawn, 3D Rendering etc. It seems there are pieces of art belonging to both categories, if I'm not mistaken. I'm also curious to know how they can create 3D rendering. Where do they get the 3D models of the armours and weapons? Several years ago, when I had much more free time, I made some 3D renders just for fun and I know creating new models/templates is extremely difficult. Using the models designed for your software is one thing, creating new models is a completely different one. 

Whoever succeed in doing it deserves our congratulation. If they also created amazing art, well they have my profound respect.

Eh, you'd be surprised as to what some people are willing to do for the sake of fanwork.

Making a simple 3D rendering that can be repositioned isn't as much work as making animation sets for it as well so said models/renders can be used for modding various games.

Also, where can I buy that Bloody Rose music CD? ^_^

Been looking for good SoB-esque music.

Eh, you'd be surprised as to what some people are willing to do for the sake of fanwork.

Making a simple 3D rendering that can be repositioned isn't as much work as making animation sets for it as well so said models/renders can be used for modding various games.

Also, where can I buy that Bloody Rose music CD? :happy.:

Been looking for good SoB-esque music.

But creating an entire new model (like power armour, bolters and symbols) is still an outstanding achievement. I'm not say it's impossible but I truly admire their dedication and abilities.

Add the fact they share their artworks for free and I think they earned our appreciation... don't you agree? ;)

Do any of you know how they have been created? Hand drawn, 3D Rendering etc. It seems there are pieces of art belonging to both categories, if I'm not mistaken. I'm also curious to know how they can create 3D rendering. Where do they get the 3D models of the armours and weapons? Several years ago, when I had much more free time, I made some 3D renders just for fun and I know creating new models/templates is extremely difficult. Using the models designed for your software is one thing, creating new models is a completely different one. 

Whoever succeed in doing it deserves our congratulation. If they also created amazing art, well they have my profound respect.

Well the easiest way is DAZ3D. They cleverly offer their render program for free.

POSER is probably one of the more well known program with a ton of models and stuff. DAZ3D is Poser compatible in regard to most stuff. You can also use BLENDER to create stuff and also to render.

The Sororitas armor is downloadable here together with the Hero Pack addon.

Most commpnly female figure is the Victoria series from DAZ, free hair skin textures and such can be found at different sites.

Edited by Azatoth

My partner trained on 3dsMax, which was the (game) industry standard about five years ago, although our friend who did game design (rather than game art) learned on Maya.

Well the easiest way is DAZ3D. They cleverly offer their render program for free.

POSER is probably one of the more well known program with a ton of models and stuff. DAZ3D is Poser compatible in regard to most stuff. You can also use BLENDER to create stuff and also to render.

The Sororitas armor is downloadable here together with the Hero Pack addon.

Most commpnly female figure is the Victoria series from DAZ, free hair skin textures and such can be found at different sites.

I actually started with DAZ 3D, it was the old version obviously ;) , and then I moved to Carrara software from the same company.

If I only had more free time I could try to make some new render but sadly I haven't the time required for a good quality work... When I had such hobby I had entire weeks of free time ;)... It was a very good period ;)

Thanks for the link for the armour... maybe one day I'll have the chance to make some work...

I love all 3 of them, Thanks for showing them.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/tumblr_lk24w3XGi51qdda93o1_500_zps52867f72.jpg

This is nice but she is in a kinda akward pose.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/women20guns20monsters20creatures20artwork20necrons20white20hair20action20sisters20of20battle20birds20warhammer2040_www_artwa_zpsdb169b28.jpg

This one would have been a great cover for Hammer and Anvil.

Part of the awkward posing is because her shoulder-pads give her manly shoulders, while the rest of her armour has a very feminine shape.

What's with the piddly little knife on the second image in Dread's post? lol. Cool pic though.

That third pic in Fibonacci's post looks like someone. Not sure who though. Gonna bug me for a while that. Definitely used someone famous for a reference image.

>> My current wallpaper isn't Sisters related, lol. My old one had a poem on it that suited the Sisters perfectly though, if you take the Abbesses as representative of the Sisterhood;

Noir. It is the name of an ancient fate.

Two maidens who rules over death.

May their black hands over the newborns,

Please protect the peace.

So much Imperium decor is "for no good reason" though; wings - like so much else in the heavily gothic, medieval European Roman Empire/Catholic church architecture (vaulted ceilings, ridiculous arches, all built into their giant walking tanks) - are just there as symbolism to fit that same time period. Angels as depicted in that same style had large pearly dove wings. They may be "functional" insofar as having an anti-grav matrix allowing levitation, but if they flap that's just as decorative as the cloth tabard hung from her belt.