Heralds of Salvation WIP (ETL2 Vow)

Hey everyone well I just went crazy at warhammer world yesterday buying an excessive amount of models in an attempt to completely redo my custom Nurlge CSM chapter, the "Heralds of Salvation here is a list of all the things I brought below

2x Legion Iron armour pattern sets
Mk2 crusade pattern set
Spartan assault tank
Death shroud
2x special weapon sets
2 Phobos pattern bolter sets
Autocannon weapon set
Legion power weapon set
Aircraft autocannons
Leman russ conquerer turret
Space marine tactical squad
Warhammer Zombies
2x corpse carts
2 x plague bearers box
Nurglings
Herald of Nurgle
Finecast sorcerer of chaos
Attack bike
4 space marine bikes
Archaornak spider
Cairn wraith
Apothecary set
Chaos Chariot
Imperial Stongpoint
Weathering powder set 1 and 2

I know some of it looks really different but have a big inspiration for my army I am going to base it on. I am going to be trying to model the entire army as an undead space marine chapter that has been brought back from the grave by Nurgle who now seek to slay the living, bringing them all back as zombies in order to seek salvation for mankind through death, I will also post some diy fluff about them as well. it might be a couple of days before I can post anything as my camera is broken and have to wait for most of the forgeworld stuff to arrive so might be a drawn out. Still working on a list will probably see how I go making it all up first before I write a list though it will generally be plague marines, Havocs, terminators, bikes plus some daemons.

I apologise for lack of pics at the moment but there should be plenty soon

Are you going to use the Arachnarok to do the Helfly build that's been floating around, or had something different in mind? I'm waiting for some bits sellers to restock the body and head myself, and was thinking of making em like the Overlords from Starcraft.

Hey the stuff I got from Forgeworld has finally arrived so I'm pretty happy. Here is the list I am doing for my ETL2 vow

"The Heralds of Salvation"
"Necromancer King Michael Vilepox
Chaos Sorcerer 240pts
Mastery level 3, Force Sword, Power Axe Sigil Of Corruption, Spell Familiar, Melta Bombs
Palanquin of Nurgle, Gift Of Mutation
"Morbidus the Cairn Lord"
Chaos Lord 145pts
Mark of Nurgle, Veteran Of The Long War Chaos Bike, Sigil Of Corruption, Lighting Claw, Melta Bombs, Blight Grenades,
"The Revenant"
13 Plague Marines 352pts
2 Flamers, Veterans Of the Long War, Champion With Powerfist
"Crypt Gaurd"
10 Chaos Space Marines 205pts
Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans Of the Long War, Missile Launcher, Meltagun
"Carrion Ghouls"
10 Chaos Space Marines 205pts
Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans Of the Long War, Missile Launcher, Meltagun
"Decayed Riders"
4 Chaos Bikers 138pts
Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans Of the Long War, 2 Meltaguns
"The Corpse Makers"
7 Chaos Havocs 169pts
Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War, 4 Autocannons,
"Mausoleum of Death"
Chaos Spartan Assault Tank 295pts
Reaper Autocannon
5 chaos Terminators 248pts
Power axes and combi meltas, marks of Nurgle, heavy flamer, champion with gift of mutation and chainfist
Chaos Hellbrute 105pts
Multi melta, combi flamer
Chaos vindicator 140pts
Siege shield, warpflame gargoyles, combi bolter
Defiler 235pts
Twin linked lascannon, dirge caster, warp flame gargoyles, combi flamer
3 Nurglings
20 plague bearers 235pts
Plague ridden with greater reward, instrument of chaos,icon of chaos, plague banner
Herald of Nurgle 150pts
Lesser and greater reward, psyker mastery level 2, locus of fecundity
Beast of Nurgle
Chaos lord 150pts
Lighting claw, combi-melta, melta bombs, blight grenades, sigil of corruption, gift of mutation, Ichor blood
Chaos lord 150pts
Lighting claw, combi-melta, melta bombs, blight grenades, sigil of corruption, gift of mutation, Ichor blood
Roughly about 3268pts for my vow

Here is my first model so far it is the Sorcerer Michael Vilepox who is the warlord of my whole army, fluff wise he led the Heralds to the worship of Death and Nurgle

gallery_59703_8494_558317.jpg

gallery_59703_8494_802934.jpg

He is still WIP I need to touch him up with some green stuff also going to give him a cloak as well. He is also going to be on a Palanquin but I want it so I can still have him on foot as well if I want so he is not permantly attached to it, still waiting on some more bits and stuff to arrive but should hopefully have him done next week. I would post more but I need more glue as halfway through the Death Shroud but ran out, also to those who have used forgeworld before is there any particular glue which makes it easier to glue FW or can you use the normal plastic glue on them as well???

I should have some more pics on in a few days or next week so hope you stick around

GLORY TO GRANDFATHER NURGLE

• 1 month later...

Hey been a while I've been on but doesn't seem likely I will complete my vow I just how been so overloaded with other commitments work etc that I rarely get time for 40k anymore. I still churn out the odd stuff everynow again but there have been a few setbacks namly the only GW supplier in my town going out of buisnesss. Here what I've done in the weeks/ months I've been absent 

Sorcerer's Spell Familiar / Little Friend

Here are a squad of 13 Plague Marines which shall form the personal retinue of the Sorcerer, They shall  be deployed in a Spartan assault tank once I et that done. The squad is from the Avatar of War Corrupters of Pestilence to give them a more decayed and corroded look

Plague Marine Squad
http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/MichaelVilepox/DSC00706_zps5f5c1ac6.jpg[/url]
Champion with PMs
Flamers

More Pms

Here is a Palanquin I am currently still working on which can be used by the Sorcerer or Herald depending on the game size so I am not permantly attaching either so I can just swap them around. Need some touch up and a base for it but happy with how it is going so far

Palanquin of Nurgle

Side View

Back

Palanquin with Sorcerer on it
' alt='DSC00711_zpsc1798f45.jpg.html'>'>

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r754/MichaelVilepox/DSC00711_zpsc1798f45.jpg[/img]

Palanquin with Herald

Herald

Chaos Biker Squad (basically just the normal bikes with Cruade pattern heads and torsos)

Havocs (FW Iron armour with autocannons)

I would definitely love to know the source of the prow and tusks for that palanquin, as well as what was used for the foundation, that thing is awesome. One minor thing I would critique though, for normal CSM bikes you only get one special weapon when you buy them, yours give the impression they are twinlinked. I did the same thing with one on mine in the right hands slot from the view of the biker, and on the left side I nabbed the scope thingies from some loyalist lascannon devastators to act as kind of a sensor.

Only reason I comment is that would free you up some of those flashy meltas for something else, and it wouldn't look as wonky as they do now, with the fuel flask not letting it sit flush to it.

I would definitely love to know the source of the prow and tusks for that palanquin, as well as what was used for the foundation, that thing is awesome. One minor thing I would critique though, for normal CSM bikes you only get one special weapon when you buy them, yours give the impression they are twinlinked. I did the same thing with one on mine in the right hands slot from the view of the biker, and on the left side I nabbed the scope thingies from some loyalist lascannon devastators to act as kind of a sensor.

Only reason I comment is that would free you up some of those flashy meltas for something else, and it wouldn't look as wonky as they do now, with the fuel flask not letting it sit flush to it.

The Palanquin is done using the Warriors of Chaos Chariot it is basically just the chariot body without the wheels. Then using a whole lot of Nurglings I just glued them together making layers around the chariot body in different positions so it looks like a huge mound of them are pushing forwards a tusked dozer blade. I am not permanently attaching the sorcerer to the Palanquin  so I can swap it out with the herald sometimes and have sorcerer on foot. Thanks for the advice on the bikes I should have some suitable bits lying around somewhere.

Archived