Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Point Draigo List

Draigo Paladins Grey Knights 2000 Point Draigo List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

BloodForTheBloodGod88

BloodForTheBloodGod88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

I am attemping to compile a list that is slightly balanced but revolves around something like my following list.  I will mainly be playing against Deathwing, Necrons, Eldar and Space Wolves.  But, this list will more than likely be facing Deathwing the most. Draigo will roll with the Pallys (as a "deathstar") while the Termys/GK SS capture objectives.  I have not used Holocaust before, so I dont know if it would be beneficial to squad up the 10 Pallys so I can use Holocaust twice.  I felt like the GK SS gave some "take on all comers" feel to the list. I also have 1x NDK, 10x GK SS, 10x Purifiers and 10x Terminators that can be used to modify my list.  If you feel that any of these aforementioned models may be utilized more effectively, please let me know.  All opinions/criticisms welcomed, thanks!

HQ-

Draigo: 275p

Troops-

10 Pallys: 770p

-4 MC DHammers / 5 Halberds / 4 Psycannon / Psybolts / Banner / Apothecary

10 Termys: 495p

-4 DHammers / 5 Halberds / 2 Psycannon / Psybolts / Banner

10 GKSS: 260p

-2 Psycannon / Psybolts / 2 DHammer

Heavy Support-

5 Purgation: 200p

-4 Psycannon / Psybolts

Jetmad

Jetmad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts

Hi!

This list is very similar to which I use. The only difference is that I run another 5 men Terminator squad instead of the Purgation squad. And my only concern is with them. The Psybolt ammo is only usable on the Justicar's stormbolter, psycannons don't benefit from it, so you could drop it. But I suggest that drop the whole Purgation squad, take away the DH from the Strike squad and the banner from the Termintor squad and then you can have another Strike squad with 2x psycannon and psybolt ammo. The leftover 5 points could be used to  mastercraft something in the Paladin squad. Or instead of the Strike squad you can add a 5 men Terminator squad which gives you 20 points to play around.

I have never used the Holocaust psychic power. The Hammerhand or the force weapon activation is much better use of the Paladin's psychic potencial, because if you are in Holocaust range then you are in charge range also. 

Daniel

"Wherever you tread, teard lightly. We are closer than you think, and our blades are sharp."
Shadow Captain Kayvaan Shrike

BloodForTheBloodGod88

BloodForTheBloodGod88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

Thank you for your response. I definitely didn't know about the psybolt/psycannon thing so thank you for the heads up haha.  Would it be more effective to combat squad the termys or just mob them? In the case of keeping them as a 10 man squad, I could see the banner coming into use. In you opinion, would you balance the mix of Hammers/Halberds any differently? I made two lists with a few revisions. Let me know what you think, thx!

List #1

HQ-

Troops-
10 Pallys: 630p
-4 DHammers / 6 Halberds / 4 Psycannon

10 Termys: 450p
-4 DHammers / 6 Halberds / 2 Psycannon

10 Termys: 445p

-4 DHammers / 6 Halberds / Psycannon

10 GKSS: 220p
-2 Psycannon

List #2

HQ-

Troops-
10 Pallys: 655p
-4 DHammers / 5 Halberds / 4 Psycannon / Banner

10 Termys: 495p
-4 DHammers / 5 Halberds / 2 Psycannon / Psybolts / Banner

7 Termys: 325p

-Psycannon / Psybolts

10 GKSS: 250p
-2 Psycannon / Psybolts / DHammer

BloodForTheBloodGod88

BloodForTheBloodGod88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

what about this list :

draigo - 275

paladins - 10 man, 2x swords, 2x hammers, 6x halberds, 4x psycannons - 630

paladins - 10 man, 2x swords, 2x hammers, 6x halberds, 4x psycannons - 630

interceptors - 10 man, 3x halberds, 2x psycannons, justi(hammer) - 305

dreadnought - 2x TL autocannons, psyammo - 135

dreadnought - 2x TL autocannons, psyammo - 135

dreadknight - teleporter, heavy incin - 235

2000/2000

BloodForTheBloodGod88

BloodForTheBloodGod88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

HQ-

Troops-

10 Pallys: 630p
-4 DHammers / 6 Halberds / 4 Psycannon

7 Termys: 305p
-3 DHammers / 4 Halberds / Psycannon

7 Termys: 305p
-3 DHammers / 4 Halberds / Psycannon

Heavy Support:

1 NDK: 235p

-Personal Xport / Heavy Incin

1 NDK: 235p

-Personal Xport / Heavy Incin

Which leaves 15 points left, Mastercrafting on Pallys?

Justicar Enethys

Justicar Enethys

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts

Looking at what you're utilising in your lists, I'd be tempted to try out something similar to this:

Draigo   (275)

Paladin x 10 w. Psycannon x 4, Psybolt Ammo   (650)

Terminator  x 10 w. Psycannon x 2, Psybolt Ammo  (470)

Strike Squad x 5 w. Psycannon   (100)   -   Man ADL

Interceptors x 5 w. Psycannon   (140)

Dreadknight w. H.Incinerator, P.Teleporter   (235)

ADL w. Quad Gun   (100)

This comes to 1,980 and is pretty well rounded. I play in 2,500 point games normally and find it hard fitting in everything I want as I use Terminators as my core - but I find Draigo lists very difficult to work out as Draigo and Paladins are prohibitively expensive. Still - going by the kind of models it seems you have/are willing to use - this is the best I can come up with now while trying to maintain an 'all-round' attitude.