Your Emperor Needs You - The 27th Founding

I don't have a painted mini yet, but the IA for my submission is here. I've ordered some bits for one of the Characters within the Chapter, who's...unorthodox and plays a significant (if not the most significant part) in its history and the direction the Chapter goes in. Hopefully, I'll get a test mini painted and the Character mini assembled by the end of the following week.

Today, I really need to get some ETL stuff done...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my DIY chapter. I don't have any pictures as I'm in the middle of a move and won't be able to paint for a week or so. But here's my fluff.

Name: Grey Wardens

Gene seed: evidence shows possible blood ravens due to many gifted psykers

Fleet based/ Battle Barge- Myst of Avalon

Specialty: close quarters assaults supported by hails of gunfire/ inquisitorial service.

Founding: 27th

Chapter Master: ahdemar von raouth

Warcry- "In war, Victory/ In death Sacrifice"

The Grey wardens are a very young chapter of space marines. The wardens were created in direct response to the growing xenos and chaos incursions into imperial held territory. Records point to the chapter having been thought of sooner than the 27th founding as they were only briefly in a phase of budding their numbers and training. It is confirmed that no less than 10 black templars and 10 blood ravens had a hand in the training of this new chapter. The chapter is a non codex chapter but does not seem to be hampered by this. Each company of wardens or brotherhood is comprised of equal parts assault and tactical squads. Each tactical squad is comprised of a heavy weapons expert as well as a special weapons expert. In any given deployment assault squads will approach the enemies lines in rhinos/razorbacks, and drop pods while tactical squads and tanks lay down a withering hail of gunfire. Although they are a new chapter the Gray Wardens typically rely on the older mk 3,and 5 suits of armor as they are more suited to the up close and personal style of warfare. Within the ranks of the wardens can be found powerful librarians that are often seen leading a company. Within the ranks of the gray wardens there are no restrictions on leadership, for instance an entire company may be led by a chaplain if that chaplain is an established leader and warrior. The current chapter master is Ahdemar Von Raouth, the first warden commander and lord of Avalon. As the chapter is a fleet based chapter they do not have a home planet but recruit from all sorts of planets. These supplicants are taken to the Mysts of Avalon and undergo a grueling set of tests in order to join the haunted ranks of the wardens. Ranking within the wardens is also non codex as a typical battle brother will hold the title of warden, a Sgt will hold the title of knight warden, and a captain will be a warden captain. Within the chapter librarians are known as warden mages, and chaplains are known as warden priests.

That's about all I have so far. Color scheme for the wardens is bolt gun metal backpack,torso, hands, feet, and thighs. Lower legs and arms will be a blue color (still deciding shade) and helmets will be blue for battle brothers, and silver for vets. Please feel free to comment on anything just be gentle ;).

Archived