=][= E Tenebrae Lux II =][=

@ Captain Cirrius: In the ETL the defining factor is the Codex you're using to "price" your units. If you choose the SWs Codex you play for the SW team and conversly if you choose the SMs codex you play for the Codex faction (where you have to further choose a forum within the faction). A level of WYSIWYG is required so please take this into account too.

@ Cpt. Uriel Ventris: Good luck then! thumbsup.gif

My computer decided to quit out on me so ive been gone for a bit! Thanks for the reply :) Is it too late to enter a vow?

=][= THIRD WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_00.jpg

First a new element: the “Oath of Moment” banner

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

This is a banner declaring your commitment to the ETL much like marines pin their own Oaths of Moment on their armour. All participants who have submitted an official vow to ETL II have earned the right to wear it. So if you feel like it, go right ahead and put it on!

However the “Oath of Moment” has an expiry date. This is August 15th, 2013. Then it will be substituted with either the “Custos Fidei” (the banner for those who have completed ALL their vows and which will also stylistically display the number of completed vows of each partiicpant) or the dreaded “Oath Breaker” banner for those who have failed… Of course the winning faction will get the Primus Inter Pares banner appropriately decorated!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OVERVIEW
So, this is the end of the 3rd week. The ETL is going from strength to strength with 278 participants, 260k of pledged points and a week and a half to go before the gates close to new comers. Now for those of you who participated last year, you know I’m enforcing strict deadlines. There will be no one allowed in after the “Doors Closed” is posted. So intensify your efforts for the clock is ticking… If a faction is left significantly behind then the handicap will prove too much no matter how driven and committed the Frater are.
As you can see from the table below, in terms of participants, DAs and Codex are leading with 50+ and the BTs, BAs, SWs and Chaos are at the 30+. Vive Imperium and HH are below 30. Worry not though, you still have ample time - a week and a half to be exact!

E TENEBRAE LUX II – Week 3
Black Templars 37 37 37,412 0 0%
Blood Angels 34 36 31,856 459 1.4%
Dark Angels 51 59 46,567 4,226 9.1%
Codex Chapters 54 58 47,129 1,601 3.4%
Space Wolves 31 31 25,049 0 0%
Chaos Legios 36 44 37,616 2,656 7.1%
Vive Imperium 23 23 21,313 0 0%
Horus Heresy 12 13 13,014 920 7.1%

BLACK TEMPLARS
With 37 participants and still the highest average vow of the event, the BTs are one of the major powers of ETL II. However the aforementioned high average vow is a point of concern as DAs and Codex have (due to higher participation) both materially higher level of pledged points and materially lower average vow. This paints the picture pretty much. Only more participants will mitigate the gap and allow the BTs’ legendary zeal to make the difference!

BLOOD ANGELS
A decent level of participation at 34 and a more reasonable average vow than the BTs means that, as things stand now, the BAs can achieve a fairly high ranking. But to become Primus Inter Pares it will just take more… So, while there is still time, you need to drive your participants’ levels higher. This is of essence because the leading forums right now have 50+ participants and even more vows already. So, are the Sons of Sanguinius content with a 3rd or 4th place or will they strive for the top?

DARK ANGELS
Still strong with no signs of fatigue. Well maybe a bit. But with 51 participants and 59 vows they seem to be one of the favourites at this point. Unless their rivals catch up, the DAs will enjoy a significant advantage that could easily be all they need to become Primus Inter Pares. The fact that they already have a 9% completion rate shows an excellent utilization of resources as participants free themselves to vow again and again! However they must remain vigilant for rival factions have proven that in a last minute attempt they even the odds. So no respite – bring in more recruits to secure the advantage you’ve already built.

CODEX CHAPTERS
Here’s the other favourite so far. With 54 participants they have the biggest following. Their average vow is at manageable levels below the ETL average and they have already started to report completions. Of course I have to point out 56% of the participants come from the IA followed by UMs who represent 24% of the total and LA representing 20% of the total. Interestingly the weight on pledged points is somewhat different reflecting some mega vows coming from the LA which represents 23% of the total vows pledged while UMs are only at 16%. IA of course accounts for 61% of total points pledged. Be that as it may I have great expectations from the Codex faction this year.

SPACE WOLVES
Well after a phenomenal 2nd week, 3rd week was somewhat slower with the Wolves reaching 31 participants but still lagging behind the DAs and Codex by some 20 participants which frankly is a serious disadvantage. One that is not to be overlooked and puts enormous strain to the brave Wolf Lords that made their stand already. So come on, there is still time to turn this around convincingly. If week 4 is anything like week 2 you’ll be in a much better position to deal with the situation!

CHAOS LEGIOS
Chaos with 36 participants and 44 vows so far has built up significant momentum. True, at face value they look similar to BTs (also at 36 participants) but with an average vow significantly lower, due to some early completions (7% completion rate), they seem like having a serious advantage! Here, 55% of the total vows are made by the followers of Chaos Undivided whereas (surprisingly to me) Nurgle and Khorne account for 20% and 16% respectively. Will this change going forward? We’ll see…

VIVE IMPERIUM
Well, things have been slow this week. With 23 participants Vive Imperium seems to be lagging behind – but all is not lost! A week and a half remains to gather your forces for a heroic last stand! The Grey Knights and the Sisters of Battle lead the faction with 8 participants each, accounting for 70% of the total effort. I’m expecting the Imperial Guard to step up soon and smite the Emperor’s foes like a sledge hammer of righteousness!!!

HORUS HERESY
I’m extremely proud of the HH forum! A small force of highly committed individuals with more talent than Da Vinci! Keep it up guys – your team will strive for excellence and high completion rates (a proxy for collective commitment) and will come out of it with some fantastically painted miniatures. That is unless we see a massive increase of participants over the next weeks! It has happened before…

Hell!!! My brother is in codex chapters. Can you immagine how terrible it will be if he will be Primus inter pares? I am going to finish my Possessed!!!!!

Hell!!! My brother is in codex chapters. Can you immagine how terrible it will be if he will be Primus inter pares? I am going to finish my Possessed!!!!!

Got to love the brotherly rivalry.  :)

Ahh, it's called organization and strategy... You should try this - zeal will only get you so far! :D

Seriously though last year the BTs added someting like 20 participants in the last three days - if you repeat that you'd probably be the favorites to win, as your legendary zeal will guarantee high completion rates.

Let's see! ;)

Right, I know the deadline is fast approaching so it's time I threw my helmet into the ring. However first I have on quick question (sorry if its been answered I didn't see it anywhere). I'm currently working on my Tyrant's Legion, would units from this list be a legal vow? And if so for what group?

I'd like to support the codex, but would understand if I can only pledge for Vive Imperium with the Tyrant list. 

=][= FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_00.jpg

First the good news: we have breached the 300 participants’ benchmark (reaching 312 so far) while the pledged points at this stage are more than the total points pledged in the entire ETL I. So congratulations everybody – the dynamics of this year’s event surpass last year’s already impressive performance!!!

Now having said that you need to remember:

THERE WILL BE NO MORE ADMISSIONS TO THE EVENT AFTER JUNE 15th AT 17:00 GMT.

So adjust your watches accordingly for I will enforce strict deadlines. Also the only clock that matters is the B&C clock – and I know it’s not accurate but that’s what I’m going with. So make the final effort to recruit more participants to your cause – for time is short!

Now the following have made vows but did not provide the points’ value:

Brother Richard [bT]
Uberlord Gendo [LA]
tomsev [GK]

Please provide the point value of your vows at your earliest convenience.

E TENEBRAE LUX II – Week 4
Black Templars 44 46 41,796 1,118 2.7%
Blood Angels 35 37 32,266 632 2.0%
Dark Angels 55 66 49,073 5,081 10.4%
Codex Chapters 60 65 50,324 2,684 5.3%
Space Wolves 37 37 28,946 0 0%
Chaos Legios 42 51 40,199 3,054 7.6%
Vive Imperium 27 27 26,146 0 0%
Horus Heresy 12 13 13,014 920 7.1%

BLACK TEMPLARS
Alright… So the BTs are in a good position. Nothing to write home about, mind you, but still with 44 participants they are a force to be reckoned with and only a fool would underestimate them. But, truth being said, they are certainly not the favourites. Why? Because they are behind the DAs by 11 and behind the Codex by 16 participants. Now is that so bad? Not sure. However, last year the BTs managed to recruit an astounding 22 participants between June 12th and June 15th. So in the last 3 days of the recruiting period they established themselves as one of the favourites to win. Can they do that again? We’ll see.

BLOOD ANGELS
Here we have signs of fatigue… The BAs have managed to start well and they have by now a meaningful presence but they lag significantly behind not only from the DAs and the Codex but also the BTs and Chaos. As things stand now, with 35 participants they are behind the SWs as well… This serious loss of momentum needs to be regained or the BA team will suffer huge strain to keep up with its rivals. So, Sons of Sanguinius, will you let your brothers fight on their own, or will you join them in a renewed advance to become Primus Inter Pares?

DARK ANGELS
Well, DAs are still one of the favourites. They have a very high number of participants (55), a very high number of pledged points and the highest number of completed points (and completion rate) so far. On top of that, instead of having a motivational thread, like most of their rivals have, they have a motivational supporting event!!! Things seem really in a good path for the DAs, however procrastination lurks around every corner and their rivals are not to be underestimated… Least of all the Codex Chapters!

CODEX CHAPTERS
The other favourite faction at this point they have managed to completely reverse last year’s lukewarm performance and right now they seem to have the biggest momentum and the largest number of participants (60). They also have the largest amount of pledged points –although completions are still sparse. The largest contributor is the IA, accounting for more than 50% of total participants while UMs and LA are roughly at 25% each with the UMs having a slight edge. Will they be able to translate their numerical superiority into a solid victory? Or will they lose momentum and, therefore lose the opportunity?

SPACE WOLVES
So this is it. The SWs have made the most impressive comeback and are now in a much improved position, surpassing the BAs and only a few participants behind form BTs and Chaos with 37 participants. If they manage to go north of the 40 benchmark (and SWs being SWs) we might see a surprise! A surprise that almost happened last year if only the DAs overwhelming numbers did not stop them a week before the end. Now is the time for revenge - Carpe Diem!

CHAOS LEGIOS
Our Lost & Damned friends continue on the great path to glory! 42 participants is no small feat and the clock is still ticking! They also have some 3k pts completed already (completion rate of 7.6%) which means the multiplier effect has already started! However there are some weaknesses that need to be addressed: The first is that although 42 is a substantial number of participants for this stage of the event, it needs boosting in the few days that remain. Their main rivals, the BTs are already marginally ahead of them while the leading factions (DAs and Codex) are way ahead at 55+. The second issue is their average vow that now stands below the ETL average. That would be great if the number of participants made up for it but since this is (currently) not the case, it means that the average vow must, at some point rise. Or that in the next few days there will be an inflow of Traitors to inflate their ranks! You can win this – make no mistake!

VIVE IMPERIUM
There was some progress here with the total participants increasing to 27. The question is will they make above 30 until Friday? The Vive Imperium has the largest average vow of the event at the moment at 1k pts, which is fitting considering the mix of the sub-forums… The IG, in true Imperial fashion, contributes the most pledged points (37% of total) as the tanks roll out of the manifactoriums to join the front lines! GKs and SoBs are also close behind… I’ll conclude with a call to all Imperial agents: a small effort now can make a huge difference in the long run! So come and joint the Emperor’s armies – you still have three days! So, Titans anyone?

HORUS HERESY
The HH forum is developing into an elite niche! Just 12 participants so far but the quality is top notch! I’d say that they are really playing against themselves - so aim for high completion rates guys and why not try for the unreachable 100%!!! Hopefully there will be some more recruits in the last three days before the doors close but even without them, the HH setting has a proud representation for the first time in the annals of the ETL!

Right, I know the deadline is fast approaching so it's time I threw my helmet into the ring. However first I have on quick question (sorry if its been answered I didn't see it anywhere). I'm currently working on my Tyrant's Legion, would units from this list be a legal vow? And if so for what group?

I'd like to support the codex, but would understand if I can only pledge forVive Imperium with the Tyrant list.

Good question. Hopefully Semper will give you an answer quick!

I have answered it already privately but I think I should do so publicly too. The thing with ETL is that it's structured around the 40k Codices. The FW lists unfortunately clash with the Codices not so much in terms of points but more in terms of consistency. What I mean is that in the case of the Tyrant's Legion, we get a mix of Marines and Guard-esque units in one list.

What I proposed to Preacher No'ri is to either go for the Codex: CSM and try to use Cultists as Auxilia (with all the limitations on vehicles and load-outs that this implies) or use the Codex: IG to better represent the Auxilia and forgo the Marine elelments altogether.

As it happens No'ri opted for the first option and he now plays for Chaos - his vow is already listed.

Hope this clears it. Unfortunately the ETL does not have the flexibility to utilise FW lists. And a I said above, it's not the points pricing but the consistency of those lists that make them incompatible with the ETL intrernal structure.

=][= JUNE 15TH UPDATE =][=

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

ETL II DOORS ARE NOW CLOSED TO NEW ENTRANTS!

Total participation reached 348 making ETL II the most followed event in the B&C to date! So congratulations to all and good luck – two demanding months are ahead of us now! just for the record, at this point, the total points pledged exceed 300k!!!

A more detailed analysis will follow on Wednesday as usual!

This is a snapshot of how the situation is on June 15th @ 17:00 GMT.

gallery_27176_8461_28000.jpg

Archived