+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

++E TENEBRAE LUX II++

+Black Templars Strategium+

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_01_BT.jpg

Honoured Scions of Sigismund, Primus Inter Pares, heed me well!

E TENEBRAE LUX is here again – will you rise to meet it? Will the descendants of Sigismund still show the tenacity and single-mindedness for which they are renowned? It is time to assert your dominance again, for you are challenged! Do not let victory slip from your hands!

Last year you performed an unparalleled feat putting to shame loyalists and traitors alike! You managed 45k pts which landed you first position! So is that it? Can’t you do any better? Can you secure the first position for a second time in a row AND beat last year’s performance?

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, this is the return of the ETL! There is some streamlining of the rules compared to last year so please read them carefully veterans and new participants alike. The rules can be found here:

ETL II RULES

This thread is the “Strategium” for this event. All vows of this sub-forum should be posted in this very thread in order to be valid. This is also the place to declare vow completions and/or vow renewals. Finally posting your WIP thread links will be tremendously helpful! This is a big event guys, so making life easier for me, will help avoid confusion and back ‘n forths…

You can also use this thread to gauge the progress of your forum (last year’s veterans know I’ll update often) and compare it with other forums in their respective threads. It will also be a good place to talk to each other as how to go about it, and organize your forum effort.

If you want to refresh your memory of what happened last year, see the ETL I - Final report

I’ll be glad to answer any questions as we go along and I will keep track of all forums’ efforts. So I’m the person you need to talk to for anything regarding the procedures of this competition but your forum Moderators still have full control of the Meltas and they will gladly use them given half a chance... So be aware of that!

ALL WHO MAKE A VOW AND ARE LISTED BELOW HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO WEAR THE OATH OF MOMENT :

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

BLACK TEMPLARS VOWS

Aegir_Einarsson | Vow 1 [1,378]
Andhil | Vow 1 [100] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [114] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [146] COMPLETE | Vow 4 [590] COMPLETE | Vow 5 [569]
brotastic | Vow 1 [1,189]
Brother Christopher | Vow 1 [644] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [180]
Brother Darklight | Vow 1 [476]
Brother Montressor | Vow 1 [275] COMPLETE
Brother Richard | Vow 1 [1,622]
Brother Sellsword | Vow 1 [405]
Brother Ulkesh | Vow 1 [613]
Brother Virngarth | Vow 1 [400]
brother_harbinger | Vow 1 [821]
Brother-Captain Sicarius | Vow 1 [191] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [105]
Castellan Cato | Vow 1 [265]
Dannis | Vow 1 [216]
Castellan De Molay | Vow 1 [510]
Dark Scipio | Vow 1 [2,498]
Das Bee | Vow 1 [1,055]
DasPanzerIstUber | Vow 1 [185]
Deadman Wade | Vow 1 [720] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [945]
Eberious | Vow 1 [2,076]
FortesMastery | Vow 1 [200]
Gaius Maximus | Vow 1 [1,891]
Gunrunr | Vow 1 [128]
Heavens Henchman | Vow 1 [125]
Honda | Vow 1  [578] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [221] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [280] COMPLETE | Vow 4 [110]
Jscolton | Vow 1 [2,115]
KrakOfDoom | Vow 1 [190]
Krikey | Vow 1 [378]
Larden | Vow 1 [634]
Longfang66 | Vow 1 [791] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [690]
Lysere | Vow 1 [660]
Mandalore511 | Vow 1 [912]
Marine | Vow 1 [230]
Marshal Bertrand | Vow 1 [558]
Marshal Kaliburn | Vow 1 [1,120]
Marshal Magoon | Vow 1 [1,071]
Marshal Ommadon | Vow 1 [310]
Marshal Roujakis | Vow 1 [3,046]
Marshal Wolfhart | Vow 1 [735]
Metic | Vow 1 [475] COMPLETE | Vow 2 [655] COMPLETE | Vow 3 [320]
Mike Zulu | Vow 1 [610]
my_face | Vow 1 [1,149]
Mystech1 | Vow 1 [3125]
Oreo | Vow 1 [713]
Pyskic_Scribe | Vow 1 [618]
Raeven | Vow 1 [400]
Redmapa | Vow 1 [1,265]
Riffer 77 | Vow 1 [260] COMPLETE
Rytchdarius | Vow 1 [305]
ShottyScotty | Vow 1 [279]
Smirnov | Vow 1 [410]
SunshineDragon | Vow 1 [1,075]
Suriael | Vow 1 [1,140] COMPLETE
tvih | Vow 1 [2,420]
Urkh | Vow 1 [546]
ValkyrieUndead | Vow 1 [4,666]

Penance Vows

Brother Darklight: If DAs complete more points than BTs by July 15th  will paint Lord Belial, 5 Deathwing Knights, 5 Deathwing Command Squad Terminators (various gear), 10 Deathwing Terminators (various gear), 3 Ravenwing Bikers, 9 Tactical Marines, one Plasma Gun, one Plasma Cannon, 5 Company Veterans (various gear), 2 Company Masters, Chaplain Seraphicus, 1 Librarian

brotastic: If DAs complete more points than BTs by July 15th  will paint Lord Belial and 5 Deathwing Command Squad Terminators

Andhil: If the Black Templars finish behind the Chaos Space Marine subforum at the END of the Challenge, I, Andhil, will buy, and paint 10 Chaos Space Marines in the colours of the Scions of Perturabo, the Iron Warriors before the year ends. ALSO If the BTs have more points completed than Chaos by the time I finished my 4th vow (we'll wait for the weekly update to confirm) I will add a Stormtalon Gunship equipped with a Typhoon missile launcher (145pts) to the aforementioned Crusaders in my 5th vow.

Deadman Wade: Should Black Templars gain less points than Chaos Space Marines, then I will assemble and paint four squads of eight Khorne Berzerkers and one Chaos Lord.

Honda: Should the Templars not win, I vow to build and paint a libarian (!) as a member of that chapter that contributed the most points to the winning faction, named after the member who contributed the most points to the winning faction. 

Dark Scipio: Should the Templars not win, I vow to build and paint:

- A deathwatch libarian (!) as a member of that chapter that contributed the most points to the winning faction, named after the member who contributed the most points to the winning faction to lead my Deathwatch detachment
OR
- a Dark Apostle named after the member who contributed the most points to the winning faction to suppport my Thousand Sons Warband and their deamons
OR
- a Techpriest named after the member who contributed the most points to the winning faction to stand idle on my display board for all eternity.

So, obviously Terminator Honors doesn't count for the points total of a model/squad, but some squads have gear available to them only if they take Terminator Honors, such as command squads and sword brethren. If we wanted to paint such a unit with gear only available to them if they take the honors, do we have to subtract the points for the honors that they needed to get the gear they have?

So, obviously Terminator Honors doesn't count for the points total of a model/squad, but some squads have gear available to them only if they take Terminator Honors, such as command squads and sword brethren. If we wanted to paint such a unit with gear only available to them if they take the honors, do we have to subtract the points for the honors that they needed to get the gear they have?

I was thinking about the same thing. However, firstly, there are those terminator honours shoulder pads - that's certainly a way of representing them. Secondly, I sure hope that other forms of representation will also count as TH - badges, seals or those fancy shoulder pads on sword brethren models.

from Lexicanum:

Those awarded with the Crux Terminatus often wear smaller versions when they fight in standard power armour, often hanging them from banners, weapons and belts. It is also usual for them to paint this symbol onto the knee or shin plates of their standard power armour.

So wait, is the crux terminatus how you would actually represent terminator honours on a model then? My command squad came with a bunch of shoulders for them (which are the ones you've mentioned i think?), And it would be nice to know if that's the actual way to represent that upgrade.

Ok I'll start on it tomorrow but here's my vow

I, redmapa answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Drop Pod, 2 Land Raider Crusaders, 1 Predator Executioner with Heavy Conversion Beamer and 3 Dreadnoughts (2 with Twin-Linked Lascannons and 1 with Multi-melta) and 2 Techmarines with Artificer Armour, Full servo-harness, Terminator Honours, Power axes, Storm Shield and Bike for a total of 1265pts on or before August 31st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I, Marshal Ommadon answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Storm Eagle Assault Gunship equipped with a Typhoon Missile Launcher and 2 Twin Linked Lascannons for a total point value of 310 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I, Deadman Wade of the Black Templars, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 storm raven gunship with hurricane bolsters and typhoon missile launcher, five sword brethren assault terminators, one land raider crusader for a total point value of 720 points on before august 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to wear badge of shame until the year-end. Let our enemies beware for victory is ours.

Link to my thread with WIP pics http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/254571-crusade-of-defiance/?hl=%2Bcrusade+%2Bdefiance&do=findComment&comment=3282789

Captain Semper

I am going to make a vow, but first I have some questions:

Does it have to be Codex legal? In other words can I vow one Initiate.

Is half done marines acceptable? In my case, I have an arm, bolter or a sword that is already painted.

The pictures, are there two(start,finished) or three (start, halfway, finished) minimum camera shoots required? 

Umm. guys? remember the little Skull medal thingys with the GW Terminator box kit? those are actually also Terminator Honours, same with the Shoulder Pads, so you could actually show them on the model as per WYSIWYG here http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator_Honours

edit: Also to Capt. Semper... what about Fortifications: Aegis Lines, Bastions or the Fortress of Redemption  do they count as Codex entries or special rules or not allowed?

Looks like GW made your job harder this time...

OK, on Terminator Honors we faced the same thing last year. Here's the deal: Make something that would make it evident that they are terminator honored: a golden purity seal for example will suffice. Or anytrhing elese you may think ot's appropriate. The idea is to avoid getting someting for nothing. If you do an effort this will be accepted.

@ Riffer: your vow must be a Codex legal unit . The whole concept of the ETL is based on points' values of legal units. If you can't do a legal unit then you may enter as out-of-competition, there is much honor to gained there too... Two pics (before and after) will suffice. Also if youe minis are in very early stages of painting their acceptable. If they are 50% done they are not. You be the judge but feel free to show me and I'll give you a ruling on the spot! :)

@ About fortifications, I have made a ruling (and will add it to the FAQ section of the rules) they are allowed yayyyy!!! But if you want to play in line with the spirit of the ETL you have to make them look as if they belong to your army - not just the generic stuff... But yes they are allowed!

AND GUYS? I'VE MADE A TYPO IN THE VOW (CORRECTED NOW). THE ETL ENDS ON AUGUST 15TH - PLEASE AMEND YOUR VOWS ACCORDINGLY!

so keep those vows coming. I'll update later today. And please add links to your WIP threads in your vows (once you have a thread to link that is :P)

I, Urkh, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two 5 man crusader squads, each with one flamer, one missile launcher, and three bolters, and  frag and krak grenades, a ten man crusader squad all equipped with bolters and frag/krak grenades, and a Marshal with a power sword, Bolter, frag and krak grenades, terminator honours and an adamantine mantle from Codex: Black Templars of total value 546 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This will be vow 1. The other 4 are yet to come...

I,Riffer77 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Landraider with a Stormbolter as a vehicle uppgrade, this reaches a total value of 260p on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the proud Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This is vow one, so four more to go biggrin.png

I, tvih, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete...

- Land Raider Crusader with searchlight, smoke launchers, dozer blade and pintle-mounted storm-bolter for a total value of 279 points

- Predator Annihilator with lascannon sponsons, searchlight, smoke launchers and pintle-mounted storm-bolter for a total value of 164 points

- Vindicator with searchlight, dozer blade and smoke launchers for a total value of 134 points

- Stormtalon Gunship with Typhoon Missile Launcher for a total value of 145 points

- Stormraven Gunship with Typhoon Missile Launcher and Hurricane Bolters for a total value of 255 points

- Land Speeder Squadron with two Land Speeder Typhoons for a total value of 140 points

- Venerable Dreadnought with Twin-Linked Lascannon and underslung Heavy Flamer for a total value of 155 points

- Techmarine with servo-harness, power axe, bolt pistol, Holy Orb of Antioch, Terminator Honours and two heavy bolter gun servitors and two tech servitors for a total value of 200 points

- Command Squad with Sergeant (Power Fist, Storm Bolter, Iron Halo, Terminator Honors, Squad Terminator Honors), Fighting Company Champion (additional Power Axe), Fighting Company Standard Bearer (Chapter Banner, Power Fist), Apothecary (Power Weapon), Initiate with Lascannon, Initiate with Plasma Cannon, 2x Initiate with Bolter for a total value of 473 points

- Marshal with Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer (Master-crafted Weapon), Lightning Claw, Adamantine Mantle, Bionics for a total value of 215 points

- Terminator Command Squad with Sergeant (Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield), 2x Terminators with Cyclone Missile Launcher, Terminator with Chain Fist for a total value of 260 points

... which results in a grand total value of 2420 points, on or before August 15th.

Let's show the lesser chapters how it is done, Brothers! It's a shame I was overzealous in LPC and painted almost all of my HQs for it, but such is the nature of zeal. Also, this is certainly not all I could vow, but had to draw the line somewhere for this first vow :P

Last year I didn't join in time to be a part of this, and so far my only history on this forum is a failed lpc vow, so I must better myself.

I, Jscolton of the Black Templars, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete 2 Land Raider Crusaders, 3 Stormravens with Hurricane Bolter Sponsons and Typhoon missile launchers, 2 Vindicators with Dozer Blades, 2 Predator Annihilators with Lascannon Sponsons, and 3 Razorbacks with twin-linked Lascannons for a total value of 2115 points on or before August 15th. Success is my duty to the chapter, and failure will doom me to bear the badge of shame until the year-end.

I figured this was a good starting point. I have another 3000 points to vow but no reason to bite off more then I can chew at one time.

As a last question to Captain Semper before raising my Crusade Banner to answer this challenge, what happens in an the unfortunate/fortunate circumstance that we get a new Codex sometime before August 15? I know that this may prove unlikely to the EXTREME but someone must have thought about this... after all Horus Heresy 2 is about to be released with Fulgrim definitely in it... so what if we get a new book by July? or we get rolled in (maybe) in July? points cost will change and new models may come to light... do we just stick with the old books? or do we change points reference system to the new one? this would be my last query next one will be the vow...

Are you mad! You'll get a new book after 580 years that you wait and I'll force you to work with the old one? Who do you think I am? Asmodai the Chief Torturer? ...wait a minute. :o

Seriously though, if a new Codex comes along it goes without saying that your NEW vows will come from the new Codex - just don't try to reprice the old ones or I'll go crazy! :P

Greetings brothers! First time poster. I've been playing with a primered, but unpainted, Black Templar army for some time. This Vow is the perfect time to paint/convert some models, here we go!

I KrakOfDoom answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Master of Sanctity equipped with Tactical Dreadnought Armor, a Thunder Hammer, a Storm Shield, and a Holy Orb of Antioch from the Black Templar Codex of total value 190 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

I, Das Bee, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

-1 Predator Annihilator w/ lascannon sponsons - 145

-7 neophytes w/ BP+CCW - 70
-1 Land Raider Crusader - 265
-1 Marshall w/ Storm Shield, Power Fist, Artificer Armor: 145
-1 Master of Sanctity w/ 2xLC, Jump Pack, Artificer Armor: 180
-5 Terminators w/ 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers: 250
from the Black Templar Codex of total value 1055 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the black templars and failure will doom me to bear the badge of shame until year-end

Archived