+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

I, DasPanzerIstUber, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to

complete 1 Predator Executioner of total value 185 points on or before August 15th. Success

will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me

to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Anyone clarify this one is legal? If not then I'll change to a Destructor.

it is legal, I also have a predator executioner on my vow and the captain hasnt said anything about it

The first subcategory is Forgeworld models that carry the “40k approved” seal. These must be entered as they are presented in the relevant Forgeworld publication and priced accordingly. It should be explicitly mentioned in the Forgeworld publication that the unit can be used by the Codex the participant is entering for. 

there's the rule for FW units, as long as they have the 40k stamp and not the apocalypse one then its fair game

@ DasPanzerIstUber: the executioner is fine. In the experimental rules in clearly states it can be used in the 40k context and by the BTs. So good luck to ya! :tu:

@ ShottyScotty:  Exactly what Redmapa said. The T-Hawk is considered to be Apoc-only - hence incompatible with the ETL rules.

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Gauis Maximus, Knight of the Black Templars, do answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and make my sacred vow to complete the following units from Codex: Black Templar:

- Marshal with: artificer armour, master crafted power sword, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades, a holy orb of Antioch, terminator honours, storm shield and adamantine mantle - 209
- Emperors champion - 90
- Master of Sanctity with: artificer armour, plasma pistol, frag and krak grenades, a holy orb of Antioch and a master crafted crozius Arcanum. - 173
 - leading a reclusiam command squad composed of: 6 initiates (including a champion, apothecary and banner bearer) all models with terminator honours. Champion has storm shield. Apothecary has power sword. Banner bearer has power sword and chapter banner. Sergeant has thunder hammer. All models have frag and krak grenades. - 329
- crusader squad with 5 initiates and 3 neophytes, plasma gun, power sword, frag and krak grenades and crusader seals. - 160
- crusader squad with 5 initiates and 2 neophytes, plasma gun, power axe, frag and krak grenades and crusader seals. - 147
- assault squad with: 5 initiates, krak grenades, 2 plasma pistols, power sword and storm shield - 150
- sword brethren squad with: 7 initiates, terminator honours, frag and krak grenades, crusader seals, a pair of lightning claws and a melta gun. - 273
- sword brethren terminator assault squad: 5 initiates (2 hammers, 3 claws) crusader seals. - 210
- Venerable Dreadnought with twin linked lascannon and extra armour. - 150

of total value 1891 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end, and condemn my soul to eternal damnation in the eyes of the emperor.

IMPERATOR VULT!!!!

edit: link to my wip thread with before pics http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/275694-the-mortis-crusade/

Well...here goes nothing...

I ValkyrieUndead answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following units from Codex: Black Templar:

• Emperors Champion 90
  • Marshall w/ Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Holy Orb of Antioch & Adamantine Mantle - 145
  • Marshall w/ Power Sword, Bolter & Melta Bomb - 101
  • Master of Sanctity w/ Bolt Pistol & Jump Pack - 131
  • Master of Sanctity w/ TDA, Storm Bolter & Auspex - 142
  • Command Squad w/ 6 initiates, Apothecary w/ plasma pistol, Company Champion w/ power fist and storm shield, Standard Bearer, terminator honours, sergeant w/ plasma pistol and thunder hammer, lascannon, plasma gun and krak grenades - 383
  • Command Squad w/ 5 initiates, Apothecary, Company Champion, flamer, melta gun, krak grenades - 141
  • Crusader Squad w/ 5 initiates, 4 neophytes, heavy bolter, flamer, krak grenades - 141
  • Crusader Squad w/ 5 initiates, plasma gun, multi-melta, krak grenades - 106
  • Crusader Squad w/ 5 initiates, melta gun, lascannon, krak grenades - 115
  • Crusader Squad w/ 6 initiates, plasma cannon, flamer, krak grenades - 134
  • Razorback w/ lascannon, pintle storm bolter - 100
  • Razorback w/ lascannon - 90
  • Razorback w/ pintle storm bolter - 80
  • Rhino w/ pintle storm bolter - 60
  • Rhino w/ pintle storm bolter - 60
  • Techmarine w/ Full Harness, auspex - 107
  • Techmarine - 70
  • Sword Brethren w/ 5 initiates, power sword, pair of lightening claws - 135
  • Sword Brethren w/ 5 initiates, power sword, pair of lightening claws - 135
  • Dreadnought w/ venerable, lascannon, smoke launchers, heavy flamer - 158
  • Terminator Squad w/ 5 terminators, 2 cml - 250
  • Terminator Squad w/ 5 terminators, 2 heavy flamers - 220
  • Terminator Assault Squad w/ 5 terminators - 200
  • Terminator Assault Squad w/ 5 terminators - 200
  • Bike Squadron w/ 4 initiate bikes, plasma gun, melta gun, power sword, attack bike - 204
  • Land speeder w/ multi-melta - 65
  • Land raider crusader w/ smoke launchers, searchlight - 265
  • Land raider crusader w/ smoke launchers, searchlight - 265
  • Predator Annihilator w/ lascannon sponsons, pintle storm bolter - 155
  • Predator Destructor w/ heavy bolter sponsons - 110
  • Aegis Defense Line w/ Quad Gun - 100

of total value 4666 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I think its all added up correctly as there is alot to work out blink.png

--Edit--

Adding my WIP thread here from post #18

Long time no see, will always stay a lurker but I'm seduced into painting some templars once again (I'm purely collecting now, sold quite a bit of my 'unpainted' collection!).

I Dannis, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

- Emperors Champion [90]

- 5 Initiates /w Powerweapon + Flamer [96]

- Droppod [30]

from Codex: Black Templars of total value 216 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Edit:

Thread here

Some crazy vows there from the most fanatical of fanatics! :lol: Good luck to all!

Well the BTs appear to wake up from their slumber and get some more participants in. Remember, this is the recruiting period; vows and more points you can add later but after June 15th no more can enter the ETL!

Yay, and Dannis is back too smile.png

This is bull pucks tongue.png I gotta be one of the only crotchety old buggers around here til a painting competition picks up. Then everyone comes back and I'm stuck batting for the Liber!

wallbash.gif

A question for the good captain semper

regarding count-as units, lets say I have 4 leman russes with Battle Cannons, can I paint them with another paint scheme (red, metal and gold) and count them as BT predator tanks armed with something else? like an autocannon or a heavy conversion beamer? in reality these tanks are for my IG so thats why Im asking if I can count them as predators or not

Thank you.

@ Redmapa: Sorry mate - regarding your Leman Russes: too much. What you effectively want to do (if I read you correctly) is work on two different armies and have BTs benefitting from both... I have to rule against it. Sorry - good try though! biggrin.png

I, Brother Ulkesh, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Emperor's Champion [90], 1 Marshall (terminator armour, thunder hammer, storm shield, adamantine mantle)[185], 1 terminator command squad (4 sword bretheren, 2 assault cannons, 1 chainfist, 4 crusader seals)[213] & 1 stormtalon gunship (skyhammer missile launcher) [125] from Codex: Black Templars of total value 613 pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Before photos...

Stormtalon:

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p676/Gareth49/IMG_0424_zps536b1c70.jpg

Marshall, Termies & EC:

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p676/Gareth49/IMG_0423_zps47fa460e.jpg

Apologies for the rather naff quality - I'll take better "after" pics...

Reason for edit - added "before" photos.

This is definitely a challenge for me as due to other commitments, I am unable to make much progress on these until after 15th June, so no chance of five vows. But maybe every little group of points counts.

I, Pyskic_Scribe answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Vindicator [158] and the heroes of Helbrecht [175], Grimaldus [195] and an Emperor’s Champion [90] from Codex: Black Templars of total value 618 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

WiP pics (undercoats) have been posted.

Well Here goes nothing...

I Marshal Roujakis of the Vengeance Crusade answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• Master Gerrar - Master of Sanctity + Artificer Armour + Power Weapon + Storm Bolter + Auspex + Bionics + Frag Grenades + Holy Orb of Antioch + Krak Grenades + Master Crafted Crozius Arcanum + Terminator Honours + Cenobyte Servitor + Cenobyte Servitor + Cenobyte Servitor  - 230 pts.
  • Reclusiam Command Squad - Flames of Hate
  1. Sergeant - Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Power Fist + Bolt Pistol + Power Fist+ Combat Shield + Artificer Armour
  2. Banner Carrier- Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Sacred Standard + Bolt Pistol + CCW + Combi-Flamer + Artificer Armour
  3. Champion- Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Artificer Armour + Storm Shield + Power Axe + Combi-Flamer
  4. Apothecary- Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Combi-Flamer + Bolt Pistol + CCW + Artificer Armour
  5. Sword Brethren Veteran - Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Flamer
  6. Total: 366 pts.

• Lord Lupher Master of Sanctity + Storm Shield + Combi-Plasmagun + Artificer Armour + Bionics + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Holy Orb of Antioch + Meltabombs + Master Crafted Crozius Arcanum + Space Marine Bike + Terminator Honours - 243 pts.
  • Master Etanus Master of the Forge (Techmarine) - Full Servo Harness + Space Marine Bike + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Terminator Honours + Storm Shield - 168 pts.
  • Artificer Desmon (Techmarine) - Full Servo Harness + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + StormBolter + Terminator Honours + Bolt Pistol - 129 pts.
  • Assault Terminator Squad - Squad Apemantus - 7 Assault Terminators - all Lightning Claws - 280 pts.
  • Assault Terminator Squad - Squad Hiponus - 6 Assault Terminators - all Storm Shield and Thunder Hammers - 240 pts.
  • Sword Brethren Shock Attack Squad - Squad Eren - 6 Sword Brethren Space Marines - Terminator Honours + 4 Storm Shields + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Power Fist + Power Weapon + Crusader Seals - 274 pts.
  • Ancient Malciber - Venerable Dreadnought - Heavy Flamer + twin-linked Lascannon + Extra Armour + Smoke Launchers - 163 pts.
  • Ancient Dartanian - Venerable Dreadnought - Twin-linked Lascannon + Missile Launcher + Extra Armour + Smoke Launchers - 163 pts.
  • Furious Sparrow - Storm Talon Gunship - Typhoon Missile Launchers - 145 pts.
  • Piercing Eagle - Storm Talon Gunship - Typhoon Missile Launchers - 145 pts.
  • Templar's Wrath - Stormraven Gunship - Multi Melta - Assault Cannon - Search Light -201 pts.
  • Land Raider - Aquilus Metallica - Dozer Blades - extra armour - Storm Bolter - Search light - Smoke Launchers - 274 pts.

from Codex: Black Templars of total value 3046 pts. on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to the fierce and mighty Black Templars Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I might need to buy new brushes and paints before this is over...

Capt. Semper: Storm Talon 1 & 2 after Pics posted, all (except Command Squad) before pics posted

Link: Vengeance Crusade will upload more pics soon...

@ Urkh: Well no, you do not have to paint bases. Frankly it's what YOU consider to be a finished model for YOUR collection. A single lick of paint is adviseable though...

@ Marshal Roujakis: Imressive... most impressive young Skywalker.. biggrin.png Paint in any order that you like!

@ Pyskic_Scribe: if 618pts is something you can just throw until June 15, I can't imagine what you'd do if you hade free time during the summer! biggrin.png

I, my_face, will answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and I vow to complete 1 caestus assualt ram, 2 stormraven gunships(with hurricanes,MM, asscans), 1 land raider crusader and one 5 man assault squad with power fist, plasma pistol, flamer, meltabombs and a storm shield for a total of 1149pts on or before August 31st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

*edit heres my wip link http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/273308-mys-flying-wip/

Bah, so annoyingly delayed in my starting painting. Mostly because I have trouble getting Chaos Black spray to work on the infantry that I'd like to do first, but also need the spray for vehicles too.

Archived