+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

So...

why haven't you posted a vow...

yes you...

*nervously looks around*  Well... I...  I, uh...

... You make a convincing argument...

I Brother Darklight answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Landspeeder Typhoon with Multimelta, a 5 Initiates with a MultiMelta and Flamer accompanied by 5 Neophytes, another 5 Initiates with a Heavy Bolter* and a Flamer accompanied by 5 Neophytes, a Deathwind Droppod, and a Rhino with searchlights and smoke launchers from Codex: Black Templars of total value 476 on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

FURTHERMORE...

If the initial issuers of this challenge, the Dark Angels, have a combined Points Completed higher than that of the previous champions of the E Tenebrae Lux challenge, The Black Templars, by July 15 (10:00pm EST) Then as an act of penance, I Brother Darklight, shall complete...

Lord Belial

5 Deathwing Knights

5 Deathwing Command Squad Terminators (various gear)

10 Deathwing Terminators (various gear)

3 Ravenwing Bikers

9 Tactical Marines, one Plasma Gun, one Plasma Cannon (I have a 10th, but he was a paint-test :P )

5 Company Veterans (various gear)

2 Company Masters

Chaplain Seraphicus

and

1 Dirty-Psyker witch-- I mean, "Librarian"  *shudders*

Do not fail me, Brother Templars! We are called upon to remind the universe who we are! We have been challenged once again, and we will answer the call once again!  

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

*-that Heavy Bolter might be a Plasma Cannon... I can't remember which I ended up building, I'll correct when I get home if it's the PlasCan and I'll adjust my points accordingly.

Ouch! So the gloves are off! Do you want advice of how to paint bone white Templar? I'm sure my brothers at the Rock will be more than happy to oblige... :devil:

And if you do go to the Rock, don't bother with a return ticket...

Two promises and a Brother Darklight... after one day. Well it's a start.

*hands Brother Darklight an amplified Vox Caster*

Do your thing.

Oh.. and you should paint those "Dark Angels" anyway. Use as many rules from Codex: Black Templars as you can fit (discard any that won't) and count them into a vow. Kill two birds with one stone and beat the good Captain at his own game. whistling.gif

Well, last year's BT Champion and 10-vower, Brother Darklight is now in the game - let's see if more BTs will flock to your cause now...

LIST UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Gunrunr answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX yet again and vow to complete a Venerable Dreadnought with assault cannon, power fist and smoke launcher from Codex: Black Templars of total value 128pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I Brother-Captain Sicarius answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX yet again and vow to complete a Master of Sactity w/ Crozius Arcanum, Powerfist, Jump pack, artificer armour, frag grenades and terminator honours from Codex: Black Templars of total value 191pts on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

pre-paint:

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l348/staggemeier/chaplain_w_jp.jpg

OK, Gunrunr and Brother-Captain Sicarius, you're both in - Good luck!

Interesting fact: Black Templars, Blood Angels and Dark Angels have all so far pledged between 29.5k - 30k points. However the BTs have the ETLs largest average vow of 1,156pts while the DAs have the smallest at 657. That means that the chances look better with the DAs at the moment. What you need to do is bring in more reinforcements - not in terms of points but in terms of participants...

OK, Gunrunr and Brother-Captain Sicarius, you're both in - Good luck!

Interesting fact: Black Templars, Blood Angels and Dark Angels have all so far pledged between 29.5k - 30k points. However the BTs have the ETLs largest average vow of 1,156pts while the DAs have the smallest at 657. That means that the chances look better with the DAs at the moment. What you need to do is bring in more reinforcements - not in terms of points but in terms of participants...

Are you implying that Templars might break their vows?

We'll see what Jasper has to say about that. verymad.gif

I think what he's saying is that although the black templars and the dark angels have comperable overall vowed points, the dark angels have more participants doing smaller vows, so those participants can continue all on vows 2-5 and out point us, while the black templars may run out of steam unless we get more people.

I Longfang66 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 x 5 man Crusader Squad with lascannon, plasma gun, and Rhino, 1 Land Raider, 1 x Vindicator with dozer blade, 1 x Emperors Champion, 1 x Master of Sancity, artificer armour, terminator honours, Crozius Arcanum and powerfist, from Codex: Black Templars, total value 791 points on or before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Don't have much time now (even to read the whole thread!) What is the latest entry date?

I plan a vow for about 1500 points, not much, but we're no fast painter )

Hey Smirnoff, nice to see you again! You can make your first vow until June 15th. After that there will be no new entrants. Note that this year here is a limit of 5vows in total. I look forward for your vow!

I Aegir_Einarsson answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1x Emperor Champion

1x Master of Sanctity in terminator armour with crozius arcanum and storm bolter

1x Master of Sanctity in artificer armour with crozius arcanum and plasma pistol

1x Rhino with Pintle mounted storm bolter and smoke launchers

2x Land Speeder typhoon

1x Venerable Dreadnought with tank hunter and extra armour with multimelta and DCCW and heavy flamer

2x 10 Initiates with flamer and power Axe

1x Land Raider Crusader with blessed hull and smoke launchers

from Codex: Black Templars, total value of 1378 points on or
before August 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black
Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the
year-end

I Brother Christopher answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Marshall with a Bolt Pistol, a Master Crafted Power Fist, Artificer's Armour, Terminator Honours, Frag & Krak Granades;

1 Marshall's Command Squad, 4 Initiates, 1 Sergeant with the following gear: Crusader Seals, Frag & Krak Granades, Terminator Honours (all), Power Sword (one Initiate) and Power Fist (Sergeant)

1 Emperor's Champion;

5 Sword Brethren, all bearing Crusader Seals, Frag & Krak Granades and Terminator Honours, additionally, one Sword Brethren shall wield a Power Sword and one shall be equipped with a pair of Lightning Claws;

from Codex: Black Templars, total value 644 points on or before July 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to The Black Templars, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

BEFORE PICTURE

I do hope to foil Brother Darklight's plan to have an excuse to paint some Dark Angel miniatures, ehkem, that is I hope to contribute to the Black Templar's great victory and uphold the honour of our Chapter! We shall prevail!

Archived